lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

30 minutes of cardio and not one drop of sweat

I was at the gym tonight (of course) and I was working legs so I did 15 min warm up on the elliptical then 15 minutes on the bike.

From start to finish I saw this guy, 350+ lbs sitting on a bike under the TV and had a wad of newspapers with him. They whole time I was there he feet never touch the pedals and I did not see one drop of sweat on his forehead. Surprised, of course not. We all see it by WHY do they bother to go to the gym if they are not going to do ANYTHING???

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I was at the gym tonight (of course) and I was working legs so I did 15 min warm up on the elliptical then 15 minutes on the bike.

From start to finish I saw this guy, 350+ lbs sitting on a bike under the TV and had a wad of newspapers with him. They whole time I was there he feet never touch the pedals and I did not see one drop of sweat on his forehead. Surprised, of course not. We all see it by WHY do they bother to go to the gym if they are not going to do ANYTHING???
    They do it to feel better about themselves, its a Psycological thing, so that they can say that they attend a Gym, its pathetic, i hate them.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    yeah....they are pathetic.....

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    I saw a 45yro woman walk at 1mph for about 10min with no incline The other day. Her pulse was at 86. She finally buckled down and bumped it up to 1.2 with a hr of 88. I wanted to say something so bad but didn't want to be "that guy" at the gym

Quote Originally Posted by peteroy01 View Post
    I saw a 45yro woman walk at 1mph for about 10min with no incline The other day. Her pulse was at 86. She finally buckled down and bumped it up to 1.2 with a hr of 88. I wanted to say something so bad but didn't want to be "that guy" at the gym
    My mom is 86 and does at least 5 mph for 30+ almost ever day..

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    I train similarly.

For example, today was back day.

Firstly, i sat at the lat pulldown machine for 5mins without doing anything
    Then, i moved over to the seated row machine, i sat there for 6mins and played with my ipod
    It was time for some bent over db rows, so i sat on a bench, looked at the weights and did nothing for a further 6mins.
    When i finished my last set of these i had to towel off, i was starting to sweat uncontrollably
    To finish up i stood in the squat rack for 10mins

Good workout tonight!

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Friend View Post
    I train similarly.

For example, today was back day.

Firstly, i sat at the lat pulldown machine for 5mins without doing anything
    Then, i moved over to the seated row machine, i sat there for 6mins and played with my ipod
    It was time for some bent over db rows, so i sat on a bench, looked at the weights and did nothing for a further 6mins.
    When i finished my last set of these i had to towel off, i was starting to sweat uncontrollably
    To finish up i stood in the squat rack for 10mins

Good workout tonight!
    It must be an Australian thing, they all seem to do it. And im calling out the members, T-Gunz, Ranging1, SydBloke etc.. just to name a few..

Ive seen that routine more time than you know, the iPod shuffle. I think I will take a pass on it.
    Personally I like hearing thinks like I did yesterday. A kid in his early 20s asked me how I got so ripped... Made my day...

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    Quote Originally Posted by *El Diablo* View Post
    It must be an Australian thing, they all seem to do it. And im calling out the members, T-Gunz, Ranging1, SydBloke etc.. just to name a few..
    If you want to get swole, come to Oz!

lawstudent007 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peteroy01 View Post
    LOL.......keep in mind that some people have injuries that you may not know about . But yeah, I hate seeing stuff like that and I always want to say something to them. What Ireally hate is seeing someone doing an exercise with bad form, or using the treadmill and putting ALL of their bodyweight on the hand rails the WHOLE time....lol

My mom is 86 and does at least 5 mph for 30+ almost ever day..
    WOW..at 86? Thats's my dream!

Since this got bumped back to the top I have seen the same guy 2 more times up there. I have still never seen his feet hit the peddles or come off the floor. He brings a book, grabs a paper and sits in front of the tv on a bike. LOL

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    drink water...

lawstudent007 is offline Female Member

Talking

Since this got bumped back to the top I have seen the same guy 2 more times up there. I have still never seen his feet hit the peddles or come off the floor. He brings a book, grabs a paper and sits in front of the tv on a bike. LOL
    Hahaha....... lmao

oscarjones is offline Banned
    I wonder what he would say if you asked to use his bike since he obviously wasn't. If there are others available tell him that's your favorite one.

Then when he gets up and goes to the other bike, ride for 5 minutes and say hey can we switch I really thought I liked this bike but I don't.

Then he'll have to get up again, at least then he'll be doing some work!

POPS is offline Senior Member

maybe he wants to get away from his wife for a few hours????

Quote Originally Posted by oscarjones View Post
    I wonder what he would say if you asked to use his bike since he obviously wasn't. If there are others available tell him that's your favorite one.

Then when he gets up and goes to the other bike, ride for 5 minutes and say hey can we switch I really thought I liked this bike but I don't.

Then he'll have to get up again, at least then he'll be doing some work!
    Id feel bad if he had a heart attack though. LOL

Thread Information