Left Hook is offline Banned

Top movie inaccuracies!

Here are some of my favorites...

5) Newton's 3rd Law violations. This always happens when a shooter in a movie fires at his target and the target goes flying as if propelled by some massive force, and yet the shooter does not experience said force. I love it when a guy hip shoots his shotgun and the force of the impact on the target person lifts them off their feet (and inevitably sends them crashing through something else like a large picture window etc). In real life, people don't bounce or fly like soda cans when they're shot...most of the time they simply slump over.

4) Airbags. In real life, when an airbag goes off in your vehicle, it's like an effing flash/bang grenade goes off and the bag immediately (almost imperceptively) deflates. The reason the bag doesn't stay inflated like a giant baloon is that it could impair your ability to steer in the event of an unintended activation and actually cause a serious accident. The movies always make it seem like it's a giant rubber baloon....but in the real world, it'll break your nose...rip the skin from your face, etc.

3) Ammunition. I realize most action movies require some suspension of disbelief but c'mon......how many movies feature guns with endless supply of ammunition, or just as bad, the shooter seems to be able to carry 100 lbs of ammunition with them. Most people don't realize how heavy ammo is and how much weight/space it actually takes up.

2) Sprinkler systems. You'd have to be a contractor to realize this...but sprinkler heads don't activate via smoke. Furthermore, it takes a pretty good while for a fire to build up enough heat to reach the ceiling and melt/burn the temperature sensitive filament that holds the head closed. Secondly, just because one sprinkler head goes off, doesn't mean they all go off. You see that a lot too. Thirdly, in the movies, when someone activates a sprinkler head, it looks like a typical shower. Unfortunately, in the real world, the water that comes out of the sprinkler system is almost always NASTY and black and stinks to high heaven. If you've ever seen a room that's had a sprinkler go off, it basically ruins everything from funky corrosion/soot water.

1) The shotgun "pump." I realize that pumping a pump shotgun ranks very high in terms of cinematic/dramatic effect. It's a way of saying..."Okay, now I REALLY mean business." Unfortunately, it makes the guy holding the gun look like an idiot, cause here he is, pointing this shotgun at someone and then the conversation gets heated and then he pumps the shotgun....as if he'd roll up on someone without a round chambered. What a moron

Feel free to post your own....if you're like me, it's difficult to watch a movie that tries to be halfway accurate. I really only am able to enjoy movies that are ultra realistic or all the way silly.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    wow this dude is on a role

jbm

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Left Hook is offline Banned
    stop hi-jacking before i beat your ass lil guy!

jbm

jbm
    Quote Originally Posted by Left Hook View Post
    stop hi-jacking before i beat your ass lil guy!

bushido3374 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    Actually, that's a left straight.

jbm
    Quote Originally Posted by bushido3374 View Post
    Actually, that's a left straight.

Thread Information