Thread: CD scratched

Tambit24 is offline Member

CD scratched

So, I get home from work to find my brand new COD MW2 disk for my PS3 on the ground scratched to shit (wish my wife would watch my kids a lil better, but thats another story). Anyways, anyone know any tricks or products that actually work at removing the scratches. The disk won't load at all, and I don't feel like dumping another $60 on the game, even though it is worth it.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambit24 View Post
    So, I get home from work to find my brand new COD MW2 disk for my PS3 on the ground scratched to shit (wish my wife would watch my kids a lil better, but thats another story). Anyways, anyone know any tricks or products that actually work at removing the scratches. The disk won't load at all, and I don't feel like dumping another $60 on the game, even though it is worth it.
    tell ur wife to jack one of your loads off on the CD and then rub it into the scratch with her tongue...... wipe it off and insert..... if it doesn't work..... it was worth a shot (no pun intended)

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

JC.1987 is offline Associate Member
    Bring it to blockbuster... they fix scratched cd's ... well at least here in canada they do..

g0dsend is offline Member
    toothpaste

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    rent a copy of it then swap it for the fd up one

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    snap,
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by drdeath613 View Post
    Thats a good idea, but its wicked f-ed up. deep scratches and I hear the tooth paste thing doesn't really work.

Quote Originally Posted by JC.1987 View Post
    Bring it to blockbuster... they fix scratched cd's ... well at least here in canada they do..
    thx, I'll check into that one.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drdeath613 View Post
    I used to do that back in the day.

I remember back in the day I would also steal CDs from 3-CD set games for PS1 like Final Fantasy games. I remember I needed a disk 2 for FF8 so thats what I did.

But yeah, you can get your disk resurfaced at Blockbuster OR you can buy a disk resurfacer yourself from futureshop or bestbuy or EBgames (aka Gamestop if youre in the US).

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    tell ur wife to jack one of your loads off on the CD and then rub it into the scratch with her tongue...... wipe it off and insert..... if it doesn't work..... it was worth a shot (no pun intended)

~Haz~

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    it depends how deep the scratches are

CDs work on recording data onto light, through a laser

CDs have only 1 layer

DVDs have 4

blue rays have i think 8

the only difference between these forms of CDs is the laser used to record onto them using different layers of lights lol, the CD themselves are actually idenetical, its just the laser used to record onto different layers of lights

in other words theyre ripping us off for blue rays becuase all they are is CDs burned with a different laser lol

anyways if the scrathes are deep u cant fix it becuase the layer of light that the data is burned onto is ruined

if the scrathes are ontop of the CD its most likely ruined becuase thats where most the damage is, its the reason why they usually put some sort of decal on the top of the CD

if the bottoms scratches lightly then u could take it to blockbuster as sudjested and see if they can fix it

alwsie ur CD is ruined

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

~Haz~
    LMFAO that is the best suggestion

least itll make u feel better about the damages CD

ya, so, game stop and blockbuster don't do this, atleast the ones I went to. Guess I'm dropping another $60 on it

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambit24 View Post
    ya, so, game stop and blockbuster don't do this, atleast the ones I went to. Guess I'm dropping another $60 on it
    Noo! Find a place that sells disk and CD resurfacers, or order one online. Here, look:

http://www.discrescuer.com/index.htm?referrer=google

http://reviews.ebay.com/JFJ-DISC-REP...00000010343737

and,

http://www.amazon.com/RTI-DVD-DiscCh.../dp/B001J5ZIRK

You can purchase a small manual one or an industrial machine one (costs alot though). It costs less to buy a small one than it would to buy a whole brand new game. Really, you don't need to drop another $60 on a new copy. If you don't want to order from a website, see if walmart or somewhere similar sells them. I could swear about 5 years ago I was at an EB Games and they were selling a small manual one for like 30 bucks.

Thread Information