Bojangles69 is offline Banned

The Blindside trumps Avatar imo..

Its hard to compare 2 movies that are so different, and I'm not bias in anyway between science fiction or true stories.

But The Blindside was REALLY GOOD.

Really caught me by surprise. It shares the same element Titantic did between social classes and I loved the way Sandra Bullock was starting to realize how fake her own life was just by keeping this poor kid in her home.

Really a deep insightful movie. Recommend a hundred times more then avatar if you want a movie with an actual decent plot. Now go see!

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Since this thread is about 21 hours old and you've had not one response..... i'm going to have to say.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Bo, are you kidding me? I expected more from you.

I haven't even seen Blindside, and I probably won't, but to me all it represents is a type of racism, where the good, saintly whites become saviors to the poor blacks who can't help themselves.

Let me ask this, since you saw the movie, and I didn't: do we (the viewers) learn anything about the black guy Sandra Bullock takes in, or do we just learn how good the White family is?

And the plot? What plot? That the nice what family took in a black kid and know they feel good about themselves? Where is the complication, climax and resolution of the plot?

But what do I know, maybe I should go see it first.

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member

Epic1 is offline Associate Member
    Oh yea...take a real life experience and make a movie outta it. Thats really takes alot of imagination. Come on now.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    The blind side has a 7' tall fat black guy.

Avatar has a 10' tall, skinny, exotic hot blue chick.

After watching Avatar with my girl, I was getting a BJ in the living room after and I kept thinking of the blue chick.....true story.

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    The blind side has a 7' tall fat black guy.

Avatar has a 10' tall, skinny, exotic hot blue chick.

After watching Avatar with my girl, I was getting a BJ in the living room after and I kept thinking of the blue chick.....true story.
    I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought she was hot as fvck.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    You really shouldn't expect anything from me. The fact is the only reason Avatar drew in more money then The Blindside is because someone had a crapload of money to drop on advertising for Avatar, and naturally the majority of our retarded society fell for hype (as usual).

I haven't even seen Blindside, and I probably won't, but to me all it represents is a type of racism, where the good, saintly whites become saviors to the poor blacks who can't help themselves.
    Yeh thats why you should never attempt saying what a movie represents unless you've seen it. This movie is the opposite of racism in everyway. It has a much deeper human element to it that completely overrides any of that junk imo.

Let me ask this, since you saw the movie, and I didn't: do we (the viewers) learn anything about the black guy Sandra Bullock takes in, or do we just learn how good the White family is?
    How "good" the white family is? You learn that Sandra Bullock is an entitled white BITCH from some upperclass suburban town who has nothing but a bunch of fake ass friends, and a fake ass life in general. (thats exactly how shes portrayed, not as some "savior")
    What you actually learn, (which is why I liked it) is that the black guy winds up doing more for her, then she could have ever done for him.

The idea that the movie is based on this fact, is what truely inspired me.

And the plot? What plot? That the nice what family took in a black kid and know they feel good about themselves? Where is the complication, climax and resolution of the plot?

Haha ok woah buddy.
    My statement was "The Blindside trumps Avatar" NOT "The Blindside was the best movie ever made in the history of man".

So lets take a look at whats actually RELEVANT.
    Avatar has one of the most unoriginal special effect compensated plots I've ever seen. I might as well trash this movie after seeing The Blindside.

In the context you are speaking, you have to realize you are defending Avatar because thats what this thread was about. So I will attack you based on that.

Avatar is a bunch of blue and green bright lights, cool flying dinasour birds and essentially NOTHING but 3 hours of eye candy.
    NOTHING about the movie is original or unique or even really stimulates much thought at all. They ride around in some fantasy world then all basically try to kill each other.. woah, that is quite some plot.

The Blindside although based on a true story, is actually quite original (VERY original compared to avatar), it teaches you compassion, sympathy, peace and happiness. It makes you think, its full of paradoxs as straighforward you think it would be.

You learn a beautiful story about dedication, kindness, sincerity, perserverance, love, choices, life, family, and it does a great job hitting an emotional nerve. The only time I got emotional about Avatar was when it ended and I realized there was no time left for the writer to compensate for how unoriginal and boring it really was. I did like Avatar strictly for the eye candy, but if you're going to spend 20 years on one movie, and release some crap like that, you have to be kidding me.

The Blindside was wrote in less then 1/10th the time, and was a hundred times better for a 101 reasons.
    If you want to get into what I expected from you, it would be that you have some capability to appreciate a movie (avatar) but would still be able to see right through it, and that in the end, it really only teaches you how to be dumber. ("oh bright lights! cool!! me likey!!!!)
    When on the otherhand, The Blindside simply trumps it. Not even contemplating changing my original statement. I know you didn't see it but generally speaking, if you saw both of these movies and liked Avatar better, all that means to me is you are as smart as Paris Hilton. (for those who saw both)

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    the entire world is against you on this one, just look at last weekends earnings.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    I got to say Bo, if you wern't already a member here for going on 4 years I'd say this thread sounds like something a troll would post.

Quote Originally Posted by Friend View Post
    I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought she was hot as fvck.
    LMFAO! x3!

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

CMPD213 is offline Associate Member
    I saw both movies... I thought Avatar had a pretty decent story and it had lots of emotion (not 20 years worth of work though). It had all the emotions and I think Cameron was trying to send a message to the youth of the world about how you shouldn't try to take things from another culture to further your own, especially when it is strictly for greed. I may be wrong, it did aggravate me that it seemed to be another "go green" message. But I mean with the special effects it was a pretty good movie.

The blindside was REAL emotion being it was based on a true story. It had all the same
    emotions that avatar did, but the fact that it was real at one point made
    me appreciate the emotion more. I don't think you can really compare the movies on any other aspects besides the emotion.

Overall the emotion was better in the blindside, but the eye candy of avatar was better. Both were good movies IMO.

Also, Sandra bullock is hot and so is Neytiri

PistolStarta is offline Senior Member

This would be a good point if it wasnt based on a real person AND I'm sure he had at least some say in his story being released.

wharton is offline out of here
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    Its hard to compare 2 movies that are so different, and I'm not bias in anyway between science fiction or true stories.

But The Blindside was REALLY GOOD.

Really caught me by surprise. It shares the same element Titantic did between social classes and I loved the way Sandra Bullock was starting to realize how fake her own life was just by keeping this poor kid in her home.

Really a deep insightful movie. Recommend a hundred times more then avatar if you want a movie with an actual decent plot. Now go see!
    What a load of crap an emotional sandra buttocks(lol) film or a visual outstanding animation with guns explosives and some of the best special effects of the year and the choice of watching it in 3D to. Seriously I dont blame you though all that sniffin Tren is bound to make you a bit emotional. Sad.
    Last edited by wharton; 01-04-2010 at 11:16 AM.

(TLF) CHAMPION54 is offline Associate Member
    How could you even compare these two movies?

They are both awsome movies in ther own ways.

Besides I didnt think the avatar chicks were hot at all, but Michelle Rodriguez is super duper sexy.

And Sandra Bullock got that MILF look with that big ole juicy booty.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    This thread is this funny....

Thread Information