Nooomoto is offline Productive Member

Just jailbroke my iPhone

So I got a netbook yesterday and wanted to use my iPhone as a modem via tethering and found out it could only be done if I jailbroke my iPhone...so I grew a pair and did it. I got Cydia and PDAnet for the tethering (which works great btw).

What else can/should I do with my jailbroken phone? I know we had a thread on this like a month ago but I couldn't find it.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I'm telling.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I believe the next update for the iphone will enable tethering. No need to risk warranty.

Grant8010 is offline Junior Member
    3.1.2 already has tethering but att just hasnt allowed that to happen and when they do it will cost a monthly fee. now you need to get install0us and then you can get all the cracked apps you want

Quote Originally Posted by Grant8010 View Post
    3.1.2 already has tethering but att just hasnt allowed that to happen and when they do it will cost a monthly fee. now you need to get install0us and then you can get all the cracked apps you want
    Yeah I'll probably do that later tonight. Not that theres many apps that I really want, except for a navigation app like TomTom or Magellan.

Grant8010 is offline Junior Member
    it has all the app store apps for free. for example i have the tom tom app that the app store was selling for $99, now that ur jailbroken, your options are pretty much limit less.
    dtunes is good too. 3gunrestictor, it will trick your iphone to think you are on a wifi network when you are actually on a 3g network and youtube will show up clear. and you will be able to use other apps that require to be on wifi

it has all the app store apps for free. for example i have the tom tom app that the app store was selling for $99, now that ur jailbroken, your options are pretty much limit less.
    dtunes is good too. 3gunrestictor, it will trick your iphone to think you are on a wifi network when you are actually on a 3g network and youtube will show up clear. and you will be able to use other apps that require to be on wifi
    What repo do you use to download from? Appulous is kinda flakey at the moment
    Last edited by Nooomoto; 01-04-2010 at 12:57 AM.

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Share the knowledge bro

elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    Alzo download lockdown... Allows u to lock with a passcode ur apps if ur wifey wants to play with ur phone u can put a lock on the phone app and the txt app and email app or whatever u Want to lockdown..
    I use unrestrictor with skype and barely use my airtimeminutes anymore
    I use categories if my apps are three times the springboard so it's like a foldr where I put them in
    also imobilecinema allows u to view a great more deal of videos on ur phone even If they are not wmv supports different formats.

Pm the answer to the members that want it including myself

Also downlad airmouse ... It controls ur pc from ur iPhone it show the mouse the keyboards with all the keys if u watch movies from ur pc to ur tv u will like a remote

Grant please don't forget the answer

Well I have install0us, but I can't download any cracked IPAs...none of the repo sites really work...they just have a bunch of endless links.

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Well I have install0us, but I can't download any cracked IPAs...none of the repo sites really work...they just have a bunch of endless links.
    if you master it drop us a line

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    my iphone 3gs did tethering right outta the box.

for apps?

peggle
    bejewelled
    stachetastic ultimate
    iGo or Tom Tom
    Shazam
    Shoutcast
    canabalt (amazing)

and for the gay guys "Grindr"

It was my original thread back acouple months ago. Congrats on your jailbreak and welcome to a new iphone world! I have no problems downloading apps from cydia and rock those are your two best bets. I just skim thru the categories and anything that catches my eye i give it a whirl. My latest is "Caller ID Faker" you can change your # to appear as something else along with morphing your voice its pretty cool. Also just got a video recorder acouple days ago called "Cycorder".

playboii is offline Senior Member
    last night i slammed my iphone 3gs on the floor of my room luckly it survived =( lol...arguing with the gf can make you do some crazy shit man

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    I dropped a 120lb db on my phone a week ago... No good. And its one of them work phones. water proof and shit.... it even says when i search the name.

"drop it, kick it, submerge it in water". I told them i kicked it and they still wanted me to pay 50 bucks. Scammers.......

playboii is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c-z View Post
    i dropped a 120lb db on my phone a week ago... No good. And its one of them work phones. Water proof and shit.... It even says when i search the name.

"drop it, kick it, submerge it in water". I told them i kicked it and they still wanted me to pay 50 bucks. Scammers.......
    lmao!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaNiCC;5011***
    if you master it drop us a line
    Ok...So once you get Appshare and Install0us from Cydia, open Install0us and direct the browser to igui.ru

The site is in Russian but I downloaded a few games last night (For free! FK YOU APPLE!!!!) and they work as if I had bought them. To make it easier I used my computer to browse the site in it's normal display mode, and then searched for the title I wanted to DL on my phone.

I'm still trying to find a good place to get a navigation app (tomtom, magellan, navigon) but have had no luck so far. Appulo.us is down most of the time, and when not down it's ridiculously slow.

Quote Originally Posted by feeldapump89 View Post
    It was my original thread back acouple months ago. Congrats on your jailbreak and welcome to a new iphone world! I have no problems downloading apps from cydia and rock those are your two best bets. I just skim thru the categories and anything that catches my eye i give it a whirl. My latest is "Caller ID Faker" you can change your # to appear as something else along with morphing your voice its pretty cool. Also just got a video recorder acouple days ago called "Cycorder".
    Yeah dude...it's completely different. I came from a G1 to the iPhone, and I was so bummed when I realized that I couldn't change anything about the phone like I could with the G1/Android. Now it's great...I really feel like I'm using a linux-based device...and I'm allowed to do whatever the fk I want with MY phone.

You guys should also get iBlacklist. It's available on cydia. I had this one the G1 and it was invaluable. It sends calls from numbers you choose straight to voicemail, and blocks text messages as well while it's on.

So if you're with girl A...you add girls B, C, D to the iBlacklist list and enable blocking. So, if they call you or text you while you are with girl A, the calls and messages get blocked...so you don't get heated up and don't look suspicious for turning off/silencing your phone.

The download version only allows 1 number to be entered into the list, and you have to pay to register it to get the full version. Invaluable IMO.

Thread Information