tolinka is offline Senior Member

Blood sucking insurance

Well, i'm 18 years old and decided to buy my own car. Right now i'm driving some shitty volvo that belongs to my uncle. That car is very stable for a 1989 but i'm thinking of getting something diffrent and give him the car back. But i have a problem. Being 18 makes you insurance rate go SKY high. I pay liebility for the volvo $167 a month!
    Tha is shit load of money for a pos like that. I was thinking of getting like a used Integra, Prelude, or an Accord...but my insurance will kill me with their bills. I called them up once and asked how much will i pay for an 1996 Accord, full coverage, they said its gonna be around $350...my reaction was No matter what type a car i get, i think it will be above 200(liability). so, im basically fucked.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Tolinka......are you friggin serious ??? I don't think my insurance was that low when I was 18. I'm 23, and it's only 800 a year - full coverage, on a SUV.

What company do you have ?? I'd check into either Progressive, All-State, Geico (not gecko), or Nationwide.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    How bout Home owners insurance? Anyone out there that has home owners from State Farm can expect anywhere from a 17% to 22% increase this year because of 9-11

mammoth is offline Member
    I just signed a new policy with State Farm. For 2 full coverage vehicles and a 23' camper only costs me 123 per month!

I can kiss State Farm good-bye. I've been with them for about 7 yrs and they have nothing less than great to me. Unfortunately I was recently picked-up for a DUI and you can bet that they'll drop me for sure. I have three vehicles in my name to insure. My premiums are gonna go through the roof. This is gonna suck!

I was with Liberty mutual, now its triple A, and they have the exact same price!

numbers505 is offline New Member
    if you are still in school or going to college you are most likely able to get a "good student discount" Tell the agent you dont drive far from work/school/home and consider increasing your deduc. if you feel safe with it. maybe get a motorcycle... the ins. is cheap cause you really cant do much damage to others with it.... good luck

Strut99GT is offline Member
    18+male = high insurance.
    Don't worry bro, those rates aren't anything out of the ordinary. Actually, I'm surprised they'd charge you so much for an integra, but for someone your age, insurance is going to be $2000+/year for pretty much anything.
    Actually, it has a lot to do with the safety features too, though. I am thinking about picking up a new ride at the end of this year, so I was looking into rates just for kicks. I'm 23 btw.
    My 99 Mustang GT costs me $2017/year.
    An 02 Vette Z06 would be $2015
    03 Nissan 350Z - $1700
    03 Honda Accord (just for comparison's sake ) - $1500

Yea i know it seems like there is not big of a diffrence, the one bad thing is that i have an accident on my record, and realy messes it up. I was checking into some insurances and by the texas laws i can get any type of policy i want, i went to this web site www.esurance.com did the online pricing and chose te least options availible it gave me like $754 a month on a 2000 prelude. But i dont think 50,000/100,000 is gonna be enough for the PIP....ill have to bring it up a little it doesnt make a bigger diffrence...

Thread Information