skinnyhb is offline Member

how do you guys vent your anger?

ive been pretty pissed off lately and im lookin for some ideas to let it out. im sick of putting holes in my walls, all it does is cost me money and one of these days im going to hit a stud and break my hand.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Putting holes in the walls??? OMG - I hope your land lord doesn't stop by... not only money but time to repair it. Or if you own - no one wants to buy a house that looks like swiss cheese. Money and time are two good reasons not to do stupid shit like that.

Expendable is offline Associate Member
    gym... it's my point of release... with out it I would crack.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Expendable
    gym... it's my point of release... with out it I would crack.
    same here

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I use the gym and on those certain days

i crank up either "wait and bleed" by slipknot or "5 mins alone" by pantera and i turn it up really really loud and scream the lyrics until im either tired or not pissed any more hehe

works so much better than hitting something.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Re: how do you guys vent your anger?

Originally posted by skinnyhb
    ive been pretty pissed off lately and im lookin for some ideas to let it out. im sick of putting holes in my walls, all it does is cost me money and one of these days im going to hit a stud and break my hand.
    If you're constantly pissed off and can't control yourself, I'd recommend therapy. I've never done it, but then again I've never been unable to stop myself from destroying my own property. Holes in walls and an empty wallet will only make you more pissed off.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Here are a couple suggestions...works for me:

1. Like most others said, go to the gym, and just workout till you drop! Taking a walkman/discman with you and listening to loud music while you pump those weights REALLY helps!!! Also if there is a boxing bag in your gym, go there and beat the shit out of the bag! (instead of your wall)

2. SCREAM!!! Believe it or not it does a lot more then you could imagine. Wait till your in your car or home alone, and just SCREAM! Yell, swear, curse, insult people, anything, just scream your head off, and then once your voice is completely gone, take a couple deep breaths, and just relax. Always works for me.

3. This one seems to be kinda like a pussy or something, but crying isn't bad either. Don't worry, no one will find out, no one needs to know. If you need to, just cry. It can also help. Especially before bed, a little bit of crying gives you AN AMAZING sleep! I mean you will wake up feeling SO good and refreshed!!! I don't know, it must be psychological or some chemical balance with your emotions, but i'm telling you it'll be one of the best sleeps you will ever have (that's what it does for me).

Just to make something clear, i'm no cry baby, I don't crawl into bed each night and cry myself to bed but, it has happened once or twice (girl problems, grandmother's death, etc...)

Good luck,
    T.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    smoke one

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    im with excess on this one, you need therapy if your puching your walls all the time. You see little kids have temper tantrums and hit and throw shit. No disrespect but if it is that bad you should be asking yourself what is wrong with myself and be seeking professional guidance before you hurt yourself or someone else.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member
    Hit the bag or run I think are the two best things....

B

skinnyhb is offline Member
    sorry, you guys have the wrong idea, i was completely exaggerating on the holes in the walls thing. i have two holes in my wall, and both of them are from many, many years ago. i can control my anger, but was looking for some different ways to vent it.

numbers505 is offline New Member
    i have to deal with teenagers all day long so i can relate... i either do the gym like others have said or go trail run until i cant breathe and have no strength to be angry...

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Slipknot is always good to vent off some anger. I usally keep it bottled up inside and end up doing something stupid.

mammoth is offline Member
    I work out early in the morning so it is rare that I get to use my gym as a way of venting. If I am pissed off, it usually stems from arguing with my wife at home. Luckily I have a heavy bag in my office at home that I can use to take my anger out on.

Unfortunately I don't always have a way to vent. I almost got myself thrown in jail a few months back in a road rage incident. I was rear ended by a bunch of backwoods rednecks who thought it was funny to try and fuck with me by tailing me. When it came time to throw down man-style they refused to get out of the truck. Thankfully they didn't cause it would have been two on one, and I would have gotten my ass stomped probably. The cop who showed up told us that he could have taken both of us to jail for just engaging in road rage. The moral of the story is this: Always think before you act upon your anger because you can seriously screw up the rest of your life.

I know you've all heard this before but you never really take it to heart until you walk that thin line. It's scary to think that I could be sitting in jail right now.

Thread Information