Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: DUI blood test

  1. #1
    jccnewbie's Avatar
    jccnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,025

    DUI blood test

    My dad had an accident after drinking and was taken for a blood test at the hospital. Can they or will they test for gear? If they do find it in his blood what will he be looking at as far as charges?

  2. #2
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,517
    Quote Originally Posted by jccnewbie View Post
    My dad had an accident after drinking and was taken for a blood test at the hospital. Can they or will they test for gear? If they do find it in his blood what will he be looking at as far as charges?
    I doubt they'll look for that..... even if his test levels were raised..... he could pull a Rafael Palmeiro and claim someone put steroids in his water

    ~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  3. #3
    jccnewbie's Avatar
    jccnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,025
    He is freaking out. They let him out because the blood test results were not complete due to something they can not identify. He is running test and decca.

  4. #4
    Mr.Rose's Avatar
    Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Squating at the Curl Rack
    Posts
    3,038
    its too expensive to run for roids.

    They woul'dnt do it and im sure its against to law. It's a DUI test, and thats all they should do IMO, but i dont know how american law works.

  5. #5
    awesome1's Avatar
    awesome1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    in the kitchen
    Posts
    465
    drug testing costs money, and testing for AAS is significantly more expensive, so they wouldn't test for it unless they were suspicious of it.

  6. #6
    thegodfather's Avatar
    thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Middle East
    Posts
    3,511
    They would have to prove in court that those substances were actually active in his system. This would be an impossibility since steroid tests test for the metabolites of the given steroid they are looking for. Which brings up another important point, they have to be looking for each specific steroid in order to identify it, there is not for instance, a general test which will identify each substance. Moving on from this point, they would then have to prove in a court of law that the anabolic steroids caused any impairment to his ability to operate a motor vehicle, what so ever. In that case, it would be easy to call expert testimony from an Endocrinologist or the like, to testify that both hormones he was using have FDA approved uses and even at supra physiologic doses would not impair anyone's fine motor skills, reaction times, or judgment.

  7. #7
    Friend's Avatar
    Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    creepin'
    Posts
    2,958
    He shouldn't be drinking on cycle anyway

    Let this be a lesson to him

  8. #8
    BJJ's Avatar
    BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Catacombs
    Posts
    5,430
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    They would have to prove in court that those substances were actually active in his system. This would be an impossibility since steroid tests test for the metabolites of the given steroid they are looking for. Which brings up another important point, they have to be looking for each specific steroid in order to identify it, there is not for instance, a general test which will identify each substance. Moving on from this point, they would then have to prove in a court of law that the anabolic steroids caused any impairment to his ability to operate a motor vehicle, what so ever. In that case, it would be easy to call expert testimony from an Endocrinologist or the like, to testify that both hormones he was using have FDA approved uses and even at supra physiologic doses would not impair anyone's fine motor skills, reaction times, or judgment.
    ...x2

  9. #9
    jccnewbie's Avatar
    jccnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,025
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm going to send him a link to this thread.

  10. #10
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,965
    the blood test is going to look for 2 things- drugs/alcohol thats all

  11. #11
    Kratos's Avatar
    Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    34,255
    was he drunk?
    is he getting charged?

    they have zero intrest on if steroids are in his system
    a dui is nasty in itself to deal with though

  12. #12
    jccnewbie's Avatar
    jccnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    was he drunk?
    is he getting charged?

    they have zero intrest on if steroids are in his system
    a dui is nasty in itself to deal with though
    Yes he was drinking. The judge let him go home because the blood test results were not processed. We are just waiting to see how high the blood alcohol levels were to know how they are going to proceed. He will for sure get charged because he was in an accident.

  13. #13
    james21's Avatar
    james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    SOUTH
    Posts
    2,318
    Only test for rec drugs....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •