POPS is offline Senior Member

dropping bf not weight...

is there any idea or theory to how much bf can be dropped each week or weeks or months?

Example : today I had my bf tested and Im at 18%, if I keep training, dieting, doing cardio where I should be, what SHOULD my bf drop down to 30 days later?

I know that everyone is different but is it possible to go from 18 down to 12-14 in 3 months NATURALLY with a great workout regimine at the age of 40?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    most things i have read state that 2lbs of fat loss per week is about the maximum you can do without risking muscle loss in a completely natural state

laduem88 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    most things i have read state that 2lbs of fat loss per week is about the maximum you can do without risking muscle loss in a completely natural state
    seen that to, but if your on a cycle more can definitely be done without any lose

I agree. But is there a way to figure out how many lbs lost = what % in bf, roughly?

Lets say I drop 1 lb of bf/week for 12 weeks. How much of a % have I gone down? 1%, 5%??

Im msure the only way to get an accurate reading is to get water tested; before and after. I was just curious..

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    most that is humanly possible to put on naturally is 1 pound of muscle per week as a rule of thumb...but it's impossible to maintain that pace.
    somewhere between 5-10 pounds of muscle in a year is about it...and that's unlikely
    not to mention you'll be taking in insufficent calories while losing fat

why am I answering...this is kinda a stupid question. You'll get what you get and you'll look how you look when you're done...get to work.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    phate is that with the help of fat burners?

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by laduem88 View Post
    seen that to, but if your on a cycle more can definitely be done without any lose
    The more "stuff" you take will help limit muscle loss. I've lost 4 lbs per week before while on cycle and did not lose much muscle. Natural dieting should be limited to 1-1 1/2 lbs per week.

Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    The more "stuff" you take will help limit muscle loss. I've lost 4 lbs per week before while on cycle and did not lose much muscle. Natural dieting should be limited to 1-1 1/2 lbs per week.
    Ok. how much bf% did you drop in 30 days considering you dropped 4 lbs each week? Or 60 or 90 days?

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by POPS View Post
    Ok. how much bf% did you drop in 30 days considering you dropped 4 lbs each week? Or 60 or 90 days?
    In 3 months I went from approx 15% to 5%. About 245 lbs to approx 205. The majority of the weight loss was in the beginning but then slowed quite a bit toward the end, last 6 weeks or so. It's not too hard to get to 8-10% but for me, it's much harder to continue loss. This was more fat then I wanted to lose, but I gained too much on my bulk. The year before I got up to 250 and competed at 197. Keep in mind 10lbs of that was water loss in the final week of prep.

You should be able to drop from 18% to 12-14% naturally in 3 months with minimal muscle loss. Keep your protein high and try to keep under 1 1/2 lbs per week.

Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    In 3 months I went from approx 15% to 5%. About 245 lbs to approx 205. The majority of the weight loss was in the beginning but then slowed quite a bit toward the end, last 6 weeks or so. It's not too hard to get to 8-10% but for me, it's much harder to continue loss. This was more fat then I wanted to lose, but I gained too much on my bulk. The year before I got up to 250 and competed at 197. Keep in mind 10lbs of that was water loss in the final week of prep.

You should be able to drop from 18% to 12-14% naturally in 3 months with minimal muscle loss. Keep your protein high and try to keep under 1 1/2 lbs per week.
    Thats the answer I was looking for....Right now Im keeping my cals just below maint ( which is about 2500 ) and following close to 40/40/20.

Weight training is 4 days/week and cardio is 6-7 at low int.

Im picking up one of those hand held bf testers today JUST TO USE AS A GUIDE. I KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOT THE BEST BUT I CAN SEE IF IM ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

Any other words of wisdom? Besids being patient, lol?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    phate is that with the help of fat burners?
    Quote Originally Posted by POPS View Post
    Thats the answer I was looking for....Right now Im keeping my cals just below maint ( which is about 2500 ) and following close to 40/40/20.

Weight training is 4 days/week and cardio is 6-7 at low int.

Im picking up one of those hand held bf testers today JUST TO USE AS A GUIDE. I KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOT THE BEST BUT I CAN SEE IF IM ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

Any other words of wisdom? Besids being patient, lol?
    yeah, there are a couple pitfalls people fall into with those things

1)Don't start using it every day or een every 2-3 days to see how you are doing unless you are wanting to graph your fat loss, basically don't get obsessed with it, use it as a tool and reference, not an all inclusive guide

yeah, there are a couple pitfalls people fall into with those things

1)Don't start using it every day or een every 2-3 days to see how you are doing unless you are wanting to graph your fat loss, basically don't get obsessed with it, use it as a tool and reference, not an all inclusive guide
    my thoughts exactly, thanks bro!!

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    I have been doing my cardio dieting and taking my clen , im not cycling, im seeing good results, will keep use all posted 3 months down the track.

Thread Information