Thread: Fear Of Heights

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

Fear Of Heights

Whats the best way(s) to overcome this?

I've read skydiving, bungee jumping, and high dive diving boards.

Anybody have any experience in this?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have always had a fear or heights also. I started off with the general roller coaster rides, extreme swings and zip lines. It still scares me but this is also what makes it fun. Most heights really dont bother me anymore though like last month I did a skywalk around the top/outside of a 50 story building and things like that with no problem at all. It was almost boring. lol

I would like to do sky diving also. Im not sure about bungy jumping though only due to accidents.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I have always had a fear or heights also. I started off with the general roller coaster rides, extreme swings and zip lines. It still scares me but this is also what makes it fun. Most heights really dont bother me anymore though like last month I did a skywalk around the top/outside of a 50 story building and things like that with no problem at all. It was almost boring. lol

I would like to do sky diving also. Im not sure about bungy jumping though only due to accidents.

Roller coasters never got to me and that stuff. Never tried zip lines.
    But that whole skywalk thing you did, would more than likely freak me out lol

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I hate heights and have been skydiving. I told my instructor this and he said skydiving wont help you get over heights . He said while your free falling your brain is so overloaded with everything going on around you the last thing you are going to do is learn to get over your fear of heights from it.

IMO the only think you can do to overcome the fear is to constantly face it. Standing on tall buildings/ bridges etc.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    skinny little coke head ha, Sky diving is ****en rad. I have been twice both in the same day. My best friend passed away about a week after he got back from a 3 months europe trip. When he got back he could not stop talking about how he went ski diving made me promise i would go with him here, so after he died I was like what the heck I am going to give it a shot in his honor. I was so ****en scared of heights and after nothing at all now. When I was falling I though "If i can do this there is nothing I cannot do, I am ****en falling from the sky 15 thousand feet up". It was a very inspiring experince for me unfortnaulty it was not inspiring enough for me to get my shit together. But now that i am sober, i can look back and still learn from the experience.

All the stupid shit i use to get nervous about, like public speaking anything ya know i have no problem doing it now. I just tell myself I can.

Once i hit the ground i asked him how much for another jump and went rite back up. Good times.
    Last edited by bjpennnn; 02-16-2010 at 12:16 PM.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    I am much more sexy in person i just thought i would throw that out there. My instructors face and mine were literally flapping in the wind ha.

jccnewbie is offline Senior Member
    I have always had a HUGE fear of heights, but I told myself a long time ago I wasn't going to let it control my life. After I do something that would scare me, I always find out that it wasn't that bad and my fear of heights gets a little better. You just have to face the fear to overcome it.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    i have sky dived and bungee jumped, several times for both.

and i am still fvking scared to death of heights.... i was on top of strattosphere in vegas and my legs locked up, couldnt move for 30 minutes...was the worst, i was in full panic mode...
    heights and snakes....fvk em both

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    i have sky dived and bungee jumped, several times for both.

and i am still fvking scared to death of heights.... i was on top of strattosphere in vegas and my legs locked up, couldnt move for 30 minutes...was the worst, i was in full panic mode...
    heights and snakes....fvk em both
    .....bitch

FranciscoG is offline Anabolic Member
    I got over my fear of hights by zip lining. The lines in the jugles in central america are great.

Blog Entries
    And bees. lol. I can't stand bees!

awesome1 is offline Associate Member
    Fear of heights is a natural, healthy fear. Humans shouldnt be comfortable if they are in danger of being injured or dying. It's a problem if it starts to interfere with your life.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    And bees. lol. I can't stand bees!
    bees are great, nice and cute compared to wasps!! those little fukas are evil!!

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    FVCK SKYDIVING.....

If you throw yourself out of a perfectly working plane..... and take your chances on that chute opening..... you're an idiot.

We weren't meant to fvckin fly..... keep your ass as close to the ground as possible.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    i have a fear of heights also...and everything i have tried hasn't worked...when i did drywall it was not fun doing the ceiling of a gym while on a swaying scissor lift LOL

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    This is very hard phobia to overcome if you have it. That's your survival instinct kicking in - your brain is hardwired for it. Skydiving won't help, as was previously said it's such a rush that you won't even know what's going on. Plus you are so far off the ground that it doesn't really seem that scary looking out. Weird but true.

I am scared of heights but only when I know I am not secured. If I am in a harness, or have a parachute, etc I am fine. But you couldn't pay me to walk to the edge of a 12th story roof line and look down. I'd shit my pants. It's a very hard fear to overcome, although it can be done, just have to retrain your brain to not fear death from a free fall

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Go to Norway for a holiday, the women there are really really tall,,, once you do a few no more fear of heights

thai-lan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

We weren't meant to fvckin fly..... keep your ass as close to the ground as possible.....

~Haz~
    so true

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    Go to Norway for a holiday, the women there are really really tall,,, once you do a few no more fear of heights
    ahahah

Yeah i have done skydiving before, and loved every moment of it.

I do have a fear though that is sharks, i want to swim with them (In a cage or in South africa where u can do it with a instructor).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    FVCK SKYDIVING.....

If you throw yourself out of a perfectly working plane..... and take your chances on that chute opening..... you're an idiot.

~Haz~
    We aren't flying, were falling.

Thread Information