Jumbo18 is offline Associate Member

help with school assignment regarding olympics?

Hey guys,
    Hopefully I can get some insight on some help with my school case study assignment. My topic is "Body as Machine"

I need to research how the issue is relevant to the Olympic Games. I have to argue for an approach to help resolve the issue in future Olympics games. This is a case study for my uni class, and I am having trouble researching about what I think this is relating to "Body as Machine" .

Could i get some insight to be guided into the right direction, what are your opinions regarding this topic to what I need to do? I need to discuss how the Olympic games illustrate the issue, and how I may recommend to resolve the issue in the Olympics.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    What is the issue?

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    You must take steroids to win.

The issue is what my topic is "Body as Machine". I need to research what I think that means, and maybe I can someone relate steroids in this I suppose. I don't know how to start because I do not know what I can talk about.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    The body is a machine. I mean, everything from macro form and function to down on a cellular level. What you might look at pertaining simply to olympic athletes is how certain athletes train their bodies to do certain tasks. The different builds and types of training necessary or considered ideal. Or you could write a whole paper talking about ATP, there are so many ways to go.

You could talk about everything it takes just to make a person jump. That right there could be an awesome essay! From the intake of food to the energy in a singe cell, to the nerve impulses, to the muscular contraction, to the launch!

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    What Erns said^^^^^^^^^

so far good, though the next issue is i have to research how is "body as machine" an issue relevant to the olympics, and then what solution would i recommend to resolve the issue in future olympic games. How should i direct this case study?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst;50***76
    The body is a machine. I mean, everything from macro form and function to down on a cellular level. What you might look at pertaining simply to olympic athletes is how certain athletes train their bodies to do certain tasks. The different builds and types of training necessary or considered ideal. Or you could write a whole paper talking about ATP, there are so many ways to go.

You could talk about everything it takes just to make a person jump. That right there could be an awesome essay! From the intake of food to the energy in a singe cell, to the nerve impulses, to the muscular contraction, to the launch!
    agreed, just the processes and mechanisms it takes to sit here and type could easily fill a paper on a basic level

Thread Information