Thread: Shutter Island

supermanfw is offline Associate Member

Shutter Island

Im not a big movie person at all..but my girl pretty much draged me out the house to see shutter island ...and damn i was surprised..i have to say that was probably the 1st good movie i have seen in awhile besides avatar....anybody that saw what did you think of it???

AnimalJ is offline Associate Member
    Awesome glad to hear it, gonna go see it tonight. ill let you know what i thought.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Anyone seen "The Crazies"? I'm dying to see it sry for the hijack

lol its cool ... idk about "the crazies" kinda looks like another verison of the hills have eyes to me..

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    I'd like to see it. Leo is a great actor.

illaJ is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supermanfw View Post
    Im not a big movie person at all..but my girl pretty much draged me out the house to see shutter island ...and damn i was surprised..i have to say that was probably the 1st good movie i have seen in awhile besides avatar....anybody that saw what did you think of it???

i saw a commercial for brooklyn's finest, cant wait to see that movie

also the blind side was a great movie (go ravens)

Quote Originally Posted by F4iGuy View Post
    I'd like to see it. Leo is a great actor.
    yea i wasnt a real big fan of his til the aviator movie .. but this movie pretty much made me a fan of his

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I'm gonna go watch it but I believe I already have it figured out. My girlfriend made me write what I think down and put it in envelope so she can see if I was right afterwards.

A buddy of mine went and saw the crazies and said it's a great movie. He said it was more than what he expected.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    leo is the real deal..

you realise how he didnt turn out one hit movie type of guy, like most of the actors these days.

he really worked hard at it and really improved as he progressed in his career.

you know after the movie titanic, you would think it might be a let down career for him after that, since titanic was such a huge thing.

like all these guys now, known for a paticular movie and thats it.

i am interested about this twilight character the guy in it, once the hype of all these movies finish where his career takes him.

its same with the harry potter kids, so on and so on..

why am i talking about this???? umm no idea LOL..........

lol its all good ...i surprise i made a thread about it ...i guess it was that good of a movie that i had to share it with yall lol

bigjoe30 is offline Associate Member
    both those movies look good! shutter island and the crazies!

alright, u migh not like what i have to say bout it but i hated it, lol. the movie it self was good but i hate those supid ass movies like that. it just upsets me... just like hide and seek,i was pissed at the end.. i just dont those muliple personality or schizophrenia movies.. although at the end of the movie i still was thinking that they're tryna trick him. he stated "i'd rather die a good man than a wolf".. i dont know man i hate em.. think ima go see avatar 3d tonight

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by intensityfreak View Post
    alright, u migh not like what i have to say bout it but i hated it, lol. the movie it self was good but i hate those supid ass movies like that. it just upsets me... just like hide and seek,i was pissed at the end.. i just dont those muliple personality or schizophrenia movies.. although at the end of the movie i still was thinking that they're tryna trick him. he stated "i'd rather die a good man than a wolf".. i dont know man i hate em.. think ima go see avatar 3d tonight
    I was thinkin' the same thing too at the end. But, I thought it was was a really good movie. A little long, but it was worth it..

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    It was ok, nothing spesh.

I give Michelle Williams 4/5 stars. There is something about her.

Quote Originally Posted by intensityfreak View Post
    i hear you bro thats was only the bad part of the movie ...i really thought he was crazy but he gave in ..those kind of endings piss me off but all around the movie was bad ass

TheChosen1 is offline Member

My girl works at a movie theater so we get to see alot of movies for free. So far, every movie we've seen were great, including Anavar , 2010, and Hangover. She wants to see Shutter Island but I'm not too crazy about it. But if it's that good, maybe I'll reconsider.

Anavar ... sounds interesting

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh snap 2010? Shit we don't have long at all

Tesla is offline Member
    I really enjoyed Shutter Island....saw it yesterday. It's getting really bad reviews but thought it was a great movie.

I've learned to go with the opposite of what the reviews say.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by collar View Post
    leo is the real deal..

you realise how he didnt turn out one hit movie type of guy, like most of the actors these days.

you know after the movie titanic, you would think it might be a let down career for him after that, since titanic was such a huge thing.

i am interested about this twilight character the guy in it, once the hype of all these movies finish where his career takes him.

I couldnt agree more........ive had these exact thoughts and had conversation with my mate the other night about leonado di caprio! lol

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Well you can def tell that Leo is someone who acts because he thoroughly enjoys doing it, while someone like Robert Deniro is just trying too hard to keep a name alive that should have been buried 20 years ago.

Some people become better actors as they age, like Clint Eastwood I feel has always been fairly good. Even when he got older there was no obvious "down hill spiral".
    Robert Deniro and Al Pacino had that spiral, Leo didn't, at least YET lol he still isn't that old yet. Lets see how the next 10 years of HollyWood treat him..

NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned
    watched it last night, did not care much for it. Also watched "With Love From Paris" now def liked that, killer movie!! I'm not the norm though, I dont like a lot of movies people seem to. For example, I thought the Batman with Heath Ledger was put together very poorly, didn't come close to the old one w/ Jack Nickelson

Quote Originally Posted by NVR2BIG1 View Post
    watched it last night, did not care much for it. Also watched "With Love From Paris" now def liked that, killer movie!! I'm not the norm though, I dont like a lot of movies people seem to. For example, I thought the Batman with Heath Ledger was put together very poorly, didn't come close to the old one w/ Jack Nickelson
    clearly jack nickelson was a better joker i mean look at him he always had that shit eating grin lol ..

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by NVR2BIG1 View Post
    this may have been in part to him dying before filming was finished. I do believe that most people said they liked the movie just because of heaths death. The movie wouldn't have made half as much as it did if he were alive.

BuffBuffalo is offline Senior Member
    Hm I saw it last night and I thought it was really good...I even liked the ending.

thane222 is offline Associate Member
    2 thumbs up for Shutter Island, Leo is an amazing actor. Another great movie.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by collar View Post
    leo is the real deal..

I think he has always been impressive, even early on in his career in basketball diarys. If you haven't seen it, go get it. Its a good watch. The Beach was his low point.

Oh about Jack being the joker. He was shit. But in pretty much anything else he has done is brilliant.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    cool, i think i will get that movie.

his the man, i really like leo.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    pretty cool movie esp the end...we gotta get off this rock chuck

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    how can you honestly say Jack is a better joker than Heath. The joker is a cynical, narcistisic,psychopath and heath played it to a T

Quote Originally Posted by l2elapse View Post
    how can you honestly say Jack is a better joker than Heath. The joker is a cynical, narcistisic,psychopath and heath played it to a T
    thats true, the comic joker was all those thing, jack was not

solid-d is offline Member
    SI was a great movie.. The movie ended at 7pm, and I could not get that movie out of my mind and was still figuring it out the next 2-3days.. Finally pieced it together but still some parts i dont understand.. Like the lady in the cave.. Great movie tho, gonna see it again in the movie theater..

Quote Originally Posted by solid-d View Post
    SI was a great movie.. The movie ended at 7pm, and I could not get that movie out of my mind and was still figuring it out the next 2-3days.. Finally pieced it together but still some parts i dont understand.. Like the lady in the cave.. Great movie tho, gonna see it again in the movie theater..
    she was part of his disillusion, not real

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    It's a retarded movie. Yes I understood it. The plot is already seen. I was bored and very disappointed and so was the chick with me. Don't get me wrong, the acting was good, the directing was good, I just knew where it was going right away.
    Last edited by ReX357; 03-05-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by l2elapse View Post
    jack was born with the trade mark grin..i watched anger management last night and all i saw was the joker

Ferdinand is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I really enjoyed Shutter Island....saw it yesterday. It's getting really bad reviews but thought it was a great movie.

I've learned to go with the opposite of what the reviews say.
    True what u say about the reviews, mostly atleast.
    The Wolfman had same reviews as Shutter island, i saw it yesterday and it was the worst bullshit i've seen for a long time.
    Dont waste your time on that shit for real...

Gonna see shutter island tomorrow thou, looking forward to it.

I THINK the lady in the cave may have been an escaped patient? It would make sense all the nonsense she spoke... Halucogenic ciggs? C'mon. Also for a former doctor she seemed pretty cold and didn't want to help Leo. Whose room were they using for the 'escaped patient' who was actually a nurse? Maybe the lady in the cave?

I'd like to see it again but I'll wait till its on video.

http://screenrant.com/shutter-island...ion-vic-46052/

^That explains the entire movie.
    Last edited by F4iGuy; 03-08-2010 at 10:06 AM.

I think everyone is missing the point though. Yes, he was insane. But the Doctor's radical method of curing the insanity in this case worked. He came to the realization of his crimes. Like was said earlier, when he gives his final line to Chuck, he's confessing that he wants to get the lobotomy to forget all that has happened in his life. That is why when Chuck yells "teddy" at him he doesn't turn, because he knows who he is. he's Andrew.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I think everyone is missing the point though. Yes, he was insane. But the Doctor's radical method of curing the insanity in this case worked. He came to the realization of his crimes. Like was said earlier, when he gives his final line to Chuck, he's confessing that he wants to get the lobotomy to forget all that has happened in his life. That is why when Chuck yells "teddy" at him he doesn't turn, because he knows who he is. he's Andrew.
    Good post man. You just made me see this movie in a new light. This makes it a little better.

I would of liked if he really wasn't insane and actually "blew the lid off" on the whole place.

Thread Information