Kratos is offline I feel accomplished

I have an experience to add to a few month old high profile racial profiling story

Police arrived at Gates’s Ware Street home near Harvard Square at 12:44 p.m. to question him. Gates, director of the W.E.B. Du Bois Institute for African and African American Research at Harvard, had trouble unlocking his door after it became jammed.

He was booked for disorderly conduct after “exhibiting loud and tumultuous behavior,” according to a police report. Gates accused the investigating officer of being a racist and told him he had “no idea who he was messing with,” the report said.

Gates told the officer that he was being targeted because “I’m a black man in America.” [To read a copy of the police report, click here]

Friends of Gates said he was already in his home when police arrived. He showed his driver’s license and Harvard identification card, but was handcuffed and taken into police custody for several hours last Thursday, they said.

Not too long ago, I left the front door slightly open when I ran into my house.
    I just went in to grab something and then I was headed to my gf's house. She lives about 3 blocks away.

Well, I guess the police saw me run in and leave the front door open and though it looked suspicious.

As soon as I got inside, even though I only intended to be there about 1 min I got the urge to shit.

As soon as my ass hit the toilet, I here people come in the front door.
    I swiped my ass one quick time with TP (my ass was far from clean) and jumped off the pot just in time to meet up with two cops with flashlights.

The cops quickly started giving me the 3rd degree. Asking if I lived here and blah blah blah. One of the cops was especially angry and he told me I seem like I have a problem with them investigating suspicious behavior. He told me I had an attitude problem and asked me if it was a problem for them to be there in my house.

I stupidly replied, "yeah, kinda"

That send him through the roof, and I quickly realized if I maintained my attitude I'd be headed to jail.

I began saying I was sorry, and that he scared me and that's why I was so wound up.
    which was kinda true to be honest, if I hadn't been shitting at the time, I would have shit hearing people come in my front door.

He was still pissed despite my appology and told me if I couldn't prove I lived there we'd have a serious problem.

I didn't know exactly where my wallet was, and didn't want to go looking around for it with the cops there. Have them assume I'm looking for a gun. Give them any more reason to hang out in my house where anything I own is in plain view...even though I don't think there is anything in plain view they could arrest me for...didn't want to find out.

I had a passport in my car. So I told him my ID was in my car if he wanted to go with me to get it.

When we got outside there were 4 cop cars, several cops. They were all fired up and ready to be given a reason to use their powers.

I handed the cop my passport and that just pissed him off more.
    I guess he wanted a drivers licence.
    he asked me if I was a licenced driver, if I had any warrents.
    I said if you run the information as far as I know I'm good to go.
    I said I'm not driving so this should work for an ID
    he ran it
    life went on
    I'm white
    this is a true story

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Lol to lend to what Kratos said here....I've had my car searched, or attempted to be searched (calling dogs out to walk the vehicle, but the dog not alerting because there was nothing inside), more times than I can count. The sole reason, in my opinion, was because ever since i was 17, I have always driven expensive luxury cars, tinted out, with rims. So this obviously sends red flags off to cops, when they see a younger person in a very expensive car. Sure some cops may profile based on race, and you may "know" they do it, but in our world and our justice system its not about what you know, its about what you can prove. So until someone finds a way to read a police officers mind and find out his motivations, people should probably STFU with the profiling horse shit.

Gates neighbor called the cops cause she saw someone force the front door open.

When the cops asked to talk to him by knocking on the front door he responded "why cause I'm a black man in america"

if you want to read the report, you'll see he did everything to provoke this action.
    http://www.amnation.com/vfr/Police%2...s%20arrest.PDF

Although the story got much national attention and mention from Colin Powell, Obama and many others
    I feel it was clearly his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Lol to lend to what Kratos said here....I've had my car searched, or attempted to be searched (calling dogs out to walk the vehicle, but the dog not alerting because there was nothing inside), more times than I can count. The sole reason, in my opinion, was because ever since i was 17, I have always driven expensive luxury cars, tinted out, with rims. So this obviously sends red flags off to cops, when they see a younger person in a very expensive car. Sure some cops may profile based on race, and you may "know" they do it, but in our world and our justice system its not about what you know, its about what you can prove. So until someone finds a way to read a police officers mind and find out his motivations, people should probably STFU with the profiling horse shit.
    I have a big problem with seatbelt checks being an exuse to abuse their power. Cops take advantage of kids big time at these check points and frequently ask for search permission.

Everyone needs to keep in mind though, driving in your car is somewhere you invite the police into your life. Don't keep anything in your car. "smoke rides" are the worst idea ever created.

Biff77 is offline Junior Member
    I got pulled over backin the day, Id say about 1998 . My gym was 2 doors down from a nightclub,, and I left the gym at 11:30pm. The cop said he seen my leavin the bar , and I was swerving ..I told him he was blind , I just left the gym.. I got the brethalizer , a sobriety test , then handcuffed , my car searched..
    And I use to carry all my supps in my bag,,, I had to go throgh 1 at a time and exlain what each bottle was and what it was for..

Glutemine
    B complex
    Mega man
    Omega complex
    Ultimate orange tabs
    Andro 150 tabs

He confiscated my Andro and ultimate orange and turned me loose..

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    kill whitey

lol

CptAmericaX is offline Member
    im tired of the "black man in america thing" or race in general they own the presidency so there is no more struggling black man, its just the same as a struggling white man. And with times as they are its just the struggling man.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    left a club near me and stopped and got mcdonalds LOL..... I was in the backseat with my latin mami - my friend was driving and had his GF in the front. They had a DUI check point set up......

He was still rolling a bit and had X and ketamine on him...... they looked through all the windows and shined flashlights in the car. They had 6 cops looking through all the windows..... every signle one of them had a big time "Pissed off" looking face.....

They let us go LOL..... thank-god

Maybe it was my latin chick that set off alarms? LMFAO!

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

FranciscoG is offline Anabolic Member
    I am just curious what your point is Kratos?

Quote Originally Posted by PharmDoc-Cyrus View Post
    Racial Realism I believe...

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    His point is that he's white and a similar situation happened to him that made to the media because the guy involved was black and was a well educated man. He's basicly pointing out that the black guy is crying racism when they would of done the same to a white person.

Well, number one I thought it was a fun story.
    With the cops interupting me mid shit and all.

But anyway, my point is that Gates is full of shit and there was no racism involved in his arrest. I can say that with absoloute certainty after my experience. They actually came in my house and gave me a hard time. They knocked on his door responding to a call.

This case had a huge amount of media attention and I think it deserves to be discredited.

The case from July of 2009?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    lock your front door when your taking a dump

Two things:

1) The police in the UK would never act like this. They are 100% polite until you actually swear at them or insult them... and even then they try their best to stay professional, they just grab your arms to cuff you while saying "You're under arrest for breach of the peace".

2) We need to hear what happens to an Asian guy. Maybe they're anti-black, anti-white, but pro-Asian

TinyTexan is offline Banned
    I agree that the case only got attention because the guy was black. he was out of line and knows it that is why he cried wolf to begin with. being black does not excuse you. Well that is unless of course you are video taping a hate crime on a city bus in cali and yelling whip that white ass while your black friend tries to assault an old white man, then it is ok to say whatever you want. Unless the races were reversed.

I have to say though it chaps my ass when I see a white person get favor from someone over a black person based on skin color.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Just a short insight from a different view, this is not in a book and it does not make headlines, the western press will never run it.

While racism is in our sociaty it is not at the level it is in many.

I have worked overseas for 17 years and currently live and have a business in Asia. While i can say a lot about many countries i will just list some true views from here

A local guy went through a red light drunk, hit me and knocked me off my bike, the police came and fined me saying "if i was not the there country he would not have hit me"

The local airline has prices for local and non local (more of course)

International organisations (yes ones that everyone knows) get away with advertising jobs with "nationals only apply" (try that at home)

The electric is more if your not local

The garbage pick-up is more if your not local

The tax on my business is much more for me than local.

I can't go shopping as the price will go up (send a local who takes a cut)

Could go on and on, Why this open racism never makes it to press i will leave for you to decide.
    I just wanted to highlight that racism is very very very prevalant, but is only addressed in western countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    Just a short insight from a different view, this is not in a book and it does not make headlines, the western press will never run it.

I have worked overseas for 17 years and currently live and have a business in Asia. While i can say a lot about many countries i will just list some true views from here

A local guy went through a red light drunk, hit me and knocked me off my bike, the police came and fined me saying "if i was not the there country he would not have hit me"

International organisations (yes ones that everyone knows) get away with advertising jobs with "nationals only apply" (try that at home)

Could go on and on, Why this open racism never makes it to press i will leave for you to decide.
    I just wanted to highlight that racism is very very very prevalant, but is only addressed in western countries.

Sort of....Except in America we have institutionalized reverse racism in the form of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. Of which there is nothing "Equal" about EOE. In America, we try to make reparations to 'oppressed peoples' by giving those oppressed peoples more points on tests, lowering admissions standards and criteria, and factoring in social constructs like race into promotion decisions in the interest of appearing 'equal.'

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member

X2 on that man.

Been refused rental apartments.
    Charged more rental apartments.
    Refused entry into clubs/bar.
    Taxis will not stop at night time.
    Opened my garbage.....came back to me with questions.
    Turned down on credit cards and loan....I was WELL within requirements.

Shit happens deal with it.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Sort of....Except in America we have institutionalized reverse racism in the form of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. Of which there is nothing "Equal" about EOE. In America, we try to make reparations to 'oppressed peoples' by giving those oppressed peoples more points on tests, lowering admissions standards and criteria, and factoring in social constructs like race into promotion decisions in the interest of appearing 'equal.'
    EOE is a crock of shit and rife in the UK.

While it is supposed to be "equal for everyone" what it actually translates to is:

"If you're a white heterosexual male, you are considered last"

The case from July of 2009?
    Yeah, did you not read the title...I said I have an experience to add to something that happend months ago. The cops visited me more recently.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

All VERY true, I have experienced this also.

What I think is even worse is in Philippines. The Chinese come there to start business and make Millions $$$ US but pay the workers $5-$10 a day. I personally know of an educated woman, she has a BA in accounting, she does the accounting work for her firm plus she does most of the paperwork for the bidding process since her direct manager is to lazy to learn to do it himself. He has to have her do his paperwork all the time and it's usually an emergency because it needs turned in TODAY so he can get his commission.

He makes $500,000.00 US a year before bonus and under that table gratuities.
    She makes $7.60 a day..... WTF... They are brainwashed into believing if they/she asks for a raise then they/she is being greedy and evil... No wonder the country is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Yeah, did you not read the title...I said I have an experience to add to something that happend months ago. The cops visited me more recently.
    No I read the title it states few months just wondered if there was something new I had not read about or you were refering to the even from summer 2009.

Kratos,
    I remember reading about that when it originally came out and knew there was more to the story. I found out more later. I hate how some people always try to place the race card. But I also hate how so many cops abuse their power. I have also almost been dragged off to jail due to a cops bad attitude. I got lucky each time.

I was in a car accident. A guy hit me as I was making a left hand turn on a open country road. he decided to pass me as I was turning.

I was in my 20s, LONG hair driving a TransAm with T tops pulling jet skis.

The local cop did everything he could to try to find blame on me. Finally the other driver walked up and said WTF I told you it was my fault... He was driving perfect. I saw his turn signal to turn left and I just spaced and started to pass. The cop was pissed he could not blame me............

I had a lady run a stop sign (I had not stop) 2 houses from my house. She hit me broad side and took out my front end and door.
    Same scenario. 67 camaro, long hair, 18. Cop did everything he could to blame me. I was like WTF I dont have a stop sign. He said it looks like you are going to fast all this damage. I got smart and said I guess you never took any science and failed your physics exam or you would realize it would not matter if I was going 1 mph or 50 mph since she hit ME in the side. He was pissed and we ended up nose to nose... LOL A bunch of neighbors got in-between us and told him HEY we saw the whole thing, she ran the stop sign. The speed limit is 25 and he was doing maybe 15 mph. His driveway is right there... hehehe

I have a few more but wont bore you more for now. lol

BTW... Just wondering.

Do you have the record about threads that involve race or is that some other person?

BTW... Just wondering.

Do you have the record about threads that involve race or is that some other person?
    idk, does it matter?

do you have anything to add to the actual topic? or do you only post because you have a personal problem with me?

do you feel gates was profiled?

had I continued to provoke the cops, would the charges have been dropped prior to me stepping foot into a court room?

love to hear your opinion

I just need to put you on the ignore list to avoid reading any racial crutching posts and racial threads in general.
    Last edited by FranciscoG; 03-04-2010 at 05:24 PM.

AnimalJ is offline Associate Member
    One time the police arrived at my house i did not know it was them. i heard banging and someone screaming my name not once did they mention it was the cops. so i grabbed my 12 gauge mossberg 9 round pump action tactical assault shotgun (which i sold shortly after for $150 dumb move) and went to the front door and peekd through the window to see 10 cops a bunch of cars and a dog. 1 second later i heard "drop the rifle, drop the rifle" when i resized it was cops i did so and yelled i didnt know you were the police and put the gun on the ground. And as they told me to step outside i said i have 2 dogs they might try and run out, they said keep them back will shoot will shoot. as i cracked the door my mutt and pitt were barking and growling and as i stepped out with guns pointed at me they shifted to my dogs.

Point here: i managed to get out and shut the door and got cuffed. shortyly after smart ass cop says your lucky your dog didn't bite cuz we have more bullets then they have teeth .. . .that pig mother ****er. if they harmed my dogs i would of at least managed to take an eye or perhaps an ear from that sonvabitch! Now dont get me wrong i have no problem with cops they are there when you need them for the most part and i have nothing but respect for MOST of them. Keep in mind there people too and people can be mother****ers. now considering the scum they deal with in the neck of the woods i live in i cant blame them for there hostile behavior, but i still didnt care for it what are you gonna do, it is what it is. but im not crying i did break the law so in a way i had it coming.. . . point of this maybe none. Thats all. ****.
    Last edited by AnimalJ; 03-04-2010 at 05:55 PM.

why'd the cops show up in the first place animal?

I was going to ask the same but he did say at the end he HAD broken the law so it seems they where looking for him and it was not a mistaken address or anything.

Yes it would be interesting to know if you dont mind us prying or you feel like sharing. If not understandable.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Gates neighbor called the cops cause she saw someone force the front door open.

When the cops asked to talk to him by knocking on the front door he responded "why cause I'm a black man in america"

if you want to read the report, you'll see he did everything to provoke this action.
    http://www.amnation.com/vfr/Police%2...s%20arrest.PDF

Although the story got much national attention and mention from Colin Powell, Obama and many others
    I feel it was clearly his fault.
    actually i read up on the story - the harvard doc did ever thing he could to piss the cops off - racial card, challenging the police, really not smart when they were just doing there job...

i have a horrible attitude with cops, dont like them and think they have such a large ego - now i am sterotyping lol... but, in my life experence im 100% right.

so, got pulled over the other day for nothing and the cop came up to my truck a blacked out suburban with 37 inch tires and a body lift (big mean truck) before he even aproached i unrolled the all the window (it was 28 degrees out...) and turned on the interior lights and had my licence, ins and reg ready for him with a "sorry sir" did i do something wrong? he stated no and asked what i was doing in the neihborhood.... i smiled and said i live here... he took my stuff came back and let me go.

point is i could have challenged him and called him out he had no reason to pull me over - but trust me he would have trumped one up and i would have been of to jail...

to extend the harvard professer story - when Obama was asked about the what he thought of the incident he said the police were 100% wrong and at fault with out ever knowing the story, and pointed to racial issues... later he resended his statment.

as the world turns

AnimalJ is offline Associate Member
    why'd the cops show up in the first place animal?
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I was going to ask the same but he did say at the end he HAD broken the law so it seems they where looking for him and it was not a mistaken address or anything.

Yes it would be interesting to know if you dont mind us prying or you feel like sharing. If not understandable.
    Not at all gentlemen,
    Well we all make mistakes when we are young and dumb. When your out drinking and your young and you think of "Fight" you dont think of prison. Well i learned the hard way and i can tell you i will never put my hands on a human being again unless proteticing my life or the life of another. I got into a drunken bar brawl and the other guy ended up getting hurt pretty bad and the damage done was not intentional either. i just threw a few punches. I am not violent person im actually very laid back and non confrontational but he took a swing and i acted in turn. as his hit didnt land and mine did i got some pretty stiff charges. he ended up needing some reconstructive surgery and a bunch of new teeth, i think it is how he landed on the floor not my punch. If you know the law you know they dont take that very lightly, If not for my lawyer id be doing some serious time. I can tell you for someone who has never been to jail being thruist into a maximum security violent offender unit for a prolonged period of time changed me , i very much value my freedom and life i relise is good! lol. to live in a cell the size of a bathroom with 8 other men in lockdown who are there for rape, murder torture amongst other things its quite the experience. Thats my story, im stickin to it. Good day Gents.

AnimalJ,
    Kudos for coming back and telling your story.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalJ View Post
    Not at all gentlemen,
    Well we all make mistakes when we are young and dumb. When your out drinking and your young and you think of "Fight" you dont think of prison. Well i learned the hard way and i can tell you i will never put my hands on a human being again unless proteticing my life or the life of another. I got into a drunken bar brawl and the other guy ended up getting hurt pretty bad and the damage done was not intentional either. i just threw a few punches. I am not violent person im actually very laid back and non confrontational but he took a swing and i acted in turn. as his hit didnt land and mine did i got some pretty stiff charges. he ended up needing some reconstructive surgery and a bunch of new teeth, i think it is how he landed on the floor not my punch. If you know the law you know they dont take that very lightly, If not for my lawyer id be doing some serious time. I can tell you for someone who has never been to jail being thruist into a maximum security violent offender unit for a prolonged period of time changed me , i very much value my freedom and life i relise is good! lol. to live in a cell the size of a bathroom with 8 other men in lockdown who are there for rape, murder torture amongst other things its quite the experience. Thats my story, im stickin to it. Good day Gents.
    lmao, I had nearly the exact same thing happen to me years back.
    I'm not violent at all either.
    Me: "what does the fluroesent green jump suit mean?"
    other dude: "well, that means I have more then 1 million dollar bond"
    Me: "oh" (clenches butthole tight)

I got arrested via mail though. Went and turned myslef in.
    Only fight of my adult life.

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    \to extend the harvard professer story - when Obama was asked about the what he thought of the incident he said the police were 100% wrong and at fault with out ever knowing the story, and pointed to racial issues... later he resended his statment.

as the world turns
    I think Obama handeled the issue well after putting his foot in his mouth. It does illustrate a problem in society where issues of racism are always first assumed to be true.

Gates wanted to be profiled. He all but asked to be arrested. He's talked about it his whole life, and never had a run in with the police. Now he has his badge of honor (or shame).

chemicalromance is offline Junior Member
    Yes pres obama did handle it well after he originally said that the boston police "acted stupidly" in arresting prof gates. Actually I think it could've turned out really bad for obama going to the side of gates instantly, I think he made the press conference before gates even made it to the cop shop lol.

To me this wasnt a problem or event that even remotely needed national attention, much less presidential attention.

Thread Information