Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week

Social life Vs. Training

How many of you guys have an active social life?

I ask because i'm finding it hard to find spare hours in the day to hangout with friends and meet new people. Between working an 8 hour day 6 days a week, training, eating every 2-2.5hrs (6 times a day) AND cooking meals i'm fvcked.

What does everyone do? Is it simply about balance, or what you want more? If you guys go out, do you take a couple of meals with you? Or just make it your cheat day?

The past couple of weeks i have become really hung up on it. Because i want to be out having a good times with friends, but then again obtaining the physique i want is just as important. So i'm torn.

How do you guys juggle both?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I went out with some friends last night.

Yah, I went out to the cooler in my car and threw down some chicken real quick,

and went back into the bar and joined the group.

yah, there were the select few who busted my balls about it,

but they're just pissed/jealous that they don't have the dedication to have an impressive physique.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya.... cook my food for the next day early if I'm goin out... only usually go out to a bar or something once a week and have a cheat meal while I'm there... just have to work around it the best you can... when I start dieting I will turn into a hermit lol

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    i nvr go out lol im about as much of a hermit as it gets

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I cook in bulk, saves time.

I think we must have a balance, or you burn out and get sick of training.

Thinking I would love a home gym, or just even a cardio machine....that would save some time.
    Last edited by terraj; 03-20-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    if i go out, its not for long

so i can eat before i go. and get somewhere in time to eat again

or if i am out long enough

i scour the menu to find some grilled chicken, or salmon or something of the like

or i just always keep a protein bar and ezekiel bread in my car and eat it quick

theres ways to make it work

but i hardly go out anymore

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    you live once. Unless your body is paying your bills enjoy life. Who know something can happen you get hurt and cant work out. Then you have no friends or anything else.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    My social life is very limited now unlike before... but if i go out i bring my food....

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    you live once. Unless your body is paying your bills enjoy life. Who know something can happen you get hurt and cant work out. Then you have no friends or anything else.
    x10....This is something Gixxer and I have always agreed on over the past couple of years. The reality is that many will not be competing or making money from bodybuilding/lifting. I think that some dudes goto the "extreme" and sort of make a big deal out of it when they are out for attention.

I try to minimize the attention from it as little as possible. For instance, when I go out, I do not drink, but I do order cokes,pepsi's,or water bottles if they are available at the bar. I may drink once or twice every 3 months. I have nothing against drinking, I enjoy it the few times that I do partake. However, I do not abstain STRICTLY because of lifting/dieting although that is about 60% of why. I also abstain because I don't particularly like the feeling of being wasted, so when I do drink I drink only in moderation for a slight buzz. I find the way people act when they are "wasted" to be rather unattractive and they basically act like complete fu**ing idiots. But, thats just my opinion, I have realized even more so how douche like people act when they binge drink. If you are at a sports bar type place, you can usually find something grilled to eat and a baked potato or something for your carbs.

ftp
    ftp is offline Banned
    yea being a "hermit" isnt cool fellas lol. if you dont make money off your body- what are you trying to prove? i know you want to have a sick body. i get that, but come on... lets get real...... i have been in your mindset and thought nobody can talk me out of it.. but its really not worth it imo

jccnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Cook everything you will need for the week in one day. freeze what you need for later in the week and thaw it the night before. It requires quite a bit of planning but will save much more time in the long run for you to go out or whatever you need to do.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I dont cook. I dont eat out very often and I dont buy frozen. I buy most of my meals pre made but semi fresh. Not the healthiest but 100% better than it use to be.

OK I should say I dont cook very often but when I do it's enough for 2 or 3 days.

Workout. On my days off I hardly every have time. I take 1.5 hr lunch every day to work out I also go to work so I can rest/recuperate from my days off. LOL

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I dont cook. I dont eat out very often and I dont buy frozen. I buy most of my meals pre made but semi fresh. Not the healthiest but 100% better than it use to be.

OK I should say I dont cook very often but when I do it's enough for 2 or 3 days.

Workout. On my days off I hardly every have time. I take 1.5 hr lunch every day to work out I also go to work so I can rest/recuperate from my days off. LOL
    i bought cooked food like that for a long time and its just way to expencive

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    x10....This is something Gixxer and I have always agreed on over the past couple of years. The reality is that many will not be competing or making money from bodybuilding/lifting. I think that some dudes goto the "extreme" and sort of make a big deal out of it when they are out for attention.

I try to minimize the attention from it as little as possible. For instance, when I go out, I do not drink, but I do order cokes,pepsi's,or water bottles if they are available at the bar. I may drink once or twice every 3 months. I have nothing against drinking, I enjoy it the few times that I do partake. However, I do not abstain STRICTLY because of lifting/dieting although that is about 60% of why. I also abstain because I don't particularly like the feeling of being wasted, so when I do drink I drink only in moderation for a slight buzz. I find the way people act when they are "wasted" to be rather unattractive and they basically act like complete fu**ing idiots. But, thats just my opinion, I have realized even more so how douche like people act when they binge drink. If you are at a sports bar type place, you can usually find something grilled to eat and a baked potato or something for your carbs.
    Imagine if half the guys with all this dedication put the same dedication into their education or job that actually does pay their bills

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    i think you need the balance, i see no point it looking good, but never geting the chance to show it off , i just put it down to a cheat..

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I like to enjoy life and if that means going out with friends so be it.

As above, I dont let it rule my life. I'm not competing (yet) and not making a living from my body (modeling, IFBB Pro etc...).

Just do things in moderation and enjoy yourself. You never know which day is your last.

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    Personally when I go out I dont give a **** . Ive been in the gym over 12 years and olny getting older . I look better than most , I'm I the best , hell no . But I have fun . I'm the guy who gets flammed on these boards because I have a life .

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I love to go out and have a good time.....

I'm pretty dedicated to bodybuilding..... but my life isn't sunken into it. I do have a job..... and when i'm driving from hospital to hospital and I don't have time to eat - I don't freak out about it. When i'm home - I stick to my diet. If I go out for either work or fun - i try to eat as close to the way I eat at home. Except if it's a cheat night and i cave and get white castle.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by O.fO.shO View Post
    Personally when I go out I dont give a **** . Ive been in the gym over 12 years and olny getting older . I look better than most , I'm I the best , hell no . But I have fun . I'm the guy who gets flammed on these boards because I have a life .
    lol I dont get flammed but i do what i want too, im dedicated to my life not my meals and workouts, that said is the reason i will never reach my full potential and im A OK with that, il be at the bar hitting up the jager girl, or grilling out at a buddys smashing 2 lbs of steak and a 12 pack

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

nothingtoitbuttodoit is offline Junior Member
    its all about the social life for me, training is a hobby.

whats the point in having a good body if you cant go out...

if i was a pro bodybuilder it would be different

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    i go through stages,,lately ive been playing way to hard!!!.......im actually ill as fuk right now off a 2 day bender haha!!!!

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    You have to have balance. I socialize on weekends. Weekdays are for work /training/grad classes. My true friends understand that I'm tyring to have a better life and they're always around when I need them.

Lately I find it hard to respect people who drink/party 7 days a week and complain about their crappy job and lack of money. Last I checked spending 40hrs and $500+ per week on alcohol was not the way to get a better job? These people give me crap for not comming out on a Tuesday when I have to be at work the next day at 7AM.

The sad thing is how many people in my generation seem to live that type of life. It bothers me.

NMacFar is offline Member
    Balance. I drink and have fun on the weekends.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by Friend View Post
    How many of you guys have an active social life?

I ask because i'm finding it hard to find spare hours in the day to hangout with friends and meet new people. Between working an 8 hour day 6 days a week, training, eating every 2-2.5hrs (6 times a day) AND cooking meals i'm fvcked.

What does everyone do? Is it simply about balance, or what you want more? If you guys go out, do you take a couple of meals with you? Or just make it your cheat day?

The past couple of weeks i have become really hung up on it. Because i want to be out having a good times with friends, but then again obtaining the physique i want is just as important. So i'm torn.

How do you guys juggle both?

Look Bro thats why its called life style and God gave me such a great wife that I dont have to worry abt cooking....its just if I have to go out to someone's house I sitch my meal plan a little bit so when i eat at their house its carb time( East indian food have lot of carb well in most dishes) plus you guys are young I dont go out to pubs or night clubs I rather play with my little one cat and mouse then going out to the pub. But look at it that way what will make u happier fat slob and getting drunk or tone and muscular?? Its a choice and no one can make it for u but urself

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    Look Bro thats why its called life style and God gave me such a great wife that I dont have to worry abt cooking....its just if I have to go out to someone's house I sitch my meal plan a little bit so when i eat at their house its carb time( East indian food have lot of carb well in most dishes) plus you guys are young I dont go out to pubs or night clubs I rather play with my little one cat and mouse then going out to the pub. But look at it that way what will make u happier fat slob and getting drunk or tone and muscular?? Its a choice and no one can make it for u but urself
    i agree its a choice and about priorities. But going out on the weekend for a couple drinks isnt going to make you a fat slob. Honestly i was in the best shape of my life when i was partying way to much

i agree its a choice and about priorities. But going out on the weekend for a couple drinks isnt going to make you a fat slob. Honestly i was in the best shape of my life when i was partying way to much
    i was talking in term of leaving everything and just partying....

You must have reached into my soul and pulled out a page of my history to get that pic.....

That's where i'm at on weekends LOL

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    You must have reached into my soul and pulled out a page of my history to get that pic.....

That's where i'm at on weekends LOL

~Haz~
    is that you with the pink horns?

is that you with the pink horns?
    BWAHAHAHAHA! nah.... I forgot mine that weekend.....

If there isn't a guy with his shirt off in that pic.... i must not have been there LOL!

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

BWAHAHAHAHA! nah.... I forgot mine that weekend.....

If there isn't a guy with his shirt off in that pic.... i must not have been there LOL!

~Haz~
    lol. I've coat checked my shirt before

lol. I've coat checked my shirt before
    LMFAO! I usually have a black tee with me...... I'll check my shirt and wear the tee..... that is until it gets soaked LOL. Then i just take it off and shove it through my belt loop and parade around like I own the place

Bouncin my pecs to the beat.....

LMFAO j/k LOLOLOL

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

LMFAO! I usually have a black tee with me...... I'll check my shirt and wear the tee..... that is until it gets soaked LOL. Then i just take it off and shove it through my belt loop and parade around like I own the place

Bouncin my pecs to the beat.....

LMFAO j/k LOLOLOL

~Haz~
    let me guess...its a Large size t-shirt....fvcking show off

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    let me guess...its a Large size t-shirt....fvcking show off
    the correct term is shmedium

the correct term is shmedium
    my apologies Sir, will u let me live?

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    training and social life... whats that. im working 70+ hours for the next 5 months. there goes my summer.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    if i go out anywhere and i know i cannot eat i take my food with me.

some mates are like what are you doing but they get over it in about 30 seconds.

Smiley619 is offline Member
    I couldnt imagine going out with a zip lock of talapia in my pocket only to have it get smashed up and smell like fish for the rest of the night!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information