Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor

My business was broken into last night

I get to my shop this morning and went out back to pull one of our trucks around. We have a fenced in back lot, 6' of chain link with 3 barbed wire rows on top. I noticed my F450's glove box open and shit pulled out all over. I start looking around and my 350 was the same way and my daughters VW Golf, which is stored there, has the passenger side window broken out. My employees and I start looking around and find a pallet on the back side of the fence used as a ladder and a pallet we had sitting against our building was now on the inside used as a ladder. Damn that pisses me off!

It looks like all that was taken was a Garmin GPS I had in the center console of my truck. I leave the trucks unlocked and maybe that's a good thing, otherwise they would have broken the windows (the golf was locked). They didn't take two XM receivers or my $1000 Spartan Diesel Tuner. But they did have an old set of keys out of one of the trucks. Probably trying to get inside but no luck there.

Im shopping for a security system. But I want to also put razor wire on the fence. Anyone know the legality of that? I know I wouldn't go over razor wire. I have a light in the back but no one would see anyone back there anyway.

I've had stuff stolen before and it sucks. The feeling of being violated gets to me. Any suggestions on security?

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    it is not illegal to use deterrants, but it must be a detterant and not a deliberate means to hurt people, hidden barbed wire is a deliberate attempt to cause injury also embed shards of glass in the tops of walls ect.

as long as the local regulations let you, razor wire is not illegal

if someone hurts themselves though you could get sued, even if they're breakin in.

camaras and signs saying you have camaras are your best bet to start with

call a fence company, they should be able to do it

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Just imagine how the people that DSM violates feel.....

I say invest in razor wire and a couple razors edge pitbulls.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

C-MaN is offline Senior Member
    Get a guard dog and put signage everywhere. Also this is red neck engineering but it works amazingly. Just go to cabelas or online and buy a couple scouting cameras or game cameras and mount them where you want. They are motion sensitive and take high resolution photos when activated. Here is a link for the top of the line models. You can pick up a cheap one for like 60 bucks.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...rid=2146251080

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member

get one of these

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed View Post

get one of these
    WTF is that?

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    WTF is that?
    Its a cane corso.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos;512***4
    it is not illegal to use deterrants, but it must be a detterant and not a deliberate means to hurt people, hidden barbed wire is a deliberate attempt to cause injury also embed shards of glass in the tops of walls ect.

as long as the local regulations let you, razor wire is not illegal

if someone hurts themselves though you could get sued, even if they're breakin in.

camaras and signs saying you have camaras are your best bet to start with

call a fence company, they should be able to do it

^^^This is the 1st step I think. Well, 2nd step. 1st step was removing the pallet on the other side of my fence.

bigjoe30 is offline Associate Member
    get a german sheperd they bred to be guard dogs, and pretty scary when there pissed.
    it's amazing how some scum bag can sue if they get hurt robbing you thats one of the reasons why this country is messed up the bad guys have to much rights.
    hey cgb good luck.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I helped put up razor wire at my last job. The shit is brutal.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member

get one of these
    WOW, i want one......

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Get one

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    WTF is that?
    that is exactly what i said

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    WOW, i want one......
    my mom and i are getting a purebreed cane corso mastiff in a few months from cali, great dogs

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    my mom and i are getting a purebreed cane corso mastiff in a few months from cali, great dogs
    After seeing that pic i looked on the net, nice looking dog but the say it needs like 90mins at least of exercise a day.

I am going to look around here and see if there is a breader (don't think there is one thou) Let me know what the dog is like when you get it....

RoadToRecovery is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    After seeing that pic i looked on the net, nice looking dog but the say it needs like 90mins at least of exercise a day.
    If you have a backyard let them run around.

OP - I have a feeling from the sound of this story, this was planned and it wont be the last visit this guy(s) make.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I like in mexico where they put broken glass and bottles embeded in the concrete on top of the fence.

Motion detection flood lights are a good deterrent but I like my 9 camera video surveillance that was only $499 at Costco. You can access it via the internet also. I also have some cheap little camera hooked to my router inside that I can easily set for motion and will send me an email picture anytime it is triggered. They are like $50 each and easy to set up. Panasonic BL-C1A

6ft5 is offline Member

get one of these
    Holy crap!! That looks illigal!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    He looks like a black panther almost.

Vettester is offline Banned

get one of these
    What kind of cycle did this thing do?

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToRecovery View Post
    If you have a backyard let them run around.

OP - I have a feeling from the sound of this story, this was planned and it wont be the last visit this guy(s) make.
    If you've every had somebody do something like this to you, then you know it makes you feel vulnerable. If someone wants to get in, they will. But Im going to make sure they have to work hard at it.

In this case, I really feel it was just a crime of opportunity. They had no tools, used what was available and took what was easiest. Not a big take either. The railroad tracks are right behind our back lot. Vagrants frequently walk the tracks as well as teens and other low lives.

I've had a $40,000 roofing equipment trailer stolen and I was broke into at my last rental building and had about $2000 worth of tools stolen. Ive got insurance, but they depreciate the value and after the deductable, Im still raped. This building I own, so Im going to invest into some security. Last year we removed 14 large windows and blocked them up and had some glass block installed in the remaining few. We're on our way.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Get a couple good (trained) dogs. They will cost more than a security system, but I promise you anyone setting foot on your property who isn't supposed to be there probably won't be setting their feet any where else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Get a couple good (trained) dogs. They will cost more than a security system, but I promise you anyone setting foot on your property who isn't supposed to be there probably won't be setting their feet any where else.
    I own 3 dogs, family dogs. I like the idea of having a dog there, but often it's an empty warehouse. We travel for work 1/2 the time so the place is empty. If I had a dog there, I would want to make sure there was someone there every day to take proper care of it. One of our local rental stores invested in a German Shepard. I see it every time I go in there, and that thing is intimidating. They had a few break ins but now that the dog roams the place at night, no problems. But they're also there every day to socialize the dog, feed and care for it.

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Off topic, but James Gandolfini(Tony Soprano) breeds Cane Corso's. My buddy in NY got one named "Felony" Grey Brindle and a fuccin badass. At 4 mos it was already in watch mode. It is probably 130lbs now. Great temperment but made to fuc shit up.

Thread Information