Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Country music

chadstud is offline Associate Member

Country music

Who do you guys think is the best country singer today?

cobra305 is offline Member
    I am a new country fan I must admit this is due to the fact that my wife has forced this music upon me. I am becoming quite fond of it and if I had to pick one of the top of my head I would say personelly it is blake shelton or chesney

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    the only one ive ever heard of is dolly parton......never heard any country music except maybe on films..sorry.......im from england and i dont think its even over here..

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    who cares

OhioMuscle22 is offline Associate Member
    rascall flatts.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    country music ****ing sucks

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member

Conway Fvcking Twitty

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Hank III
    Shooter jennings

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    who cares
    ...x2

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    who cares
    x3..

Blog Entries
    id rather tear my eyes out and eat them than listen to that corny ass bs music......

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    x3..
    x4...

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    ^^^^^^touchy LOL.......mate dont get all bent out of shape, this is the lounge people give blunt answers all the time, dont take it personally.......im not a fan of R&B well i hate it really lol.....my fav is hardstyle but most on here will hate it.......who cares?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    x4...
    x7...

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    petition to kill country?

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by declan11 View Post
    petition to kill country?
    Fvck ya! Slayer for life!

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Super- Man View Post
    And you listen to what ghetto boy...ahh let me gues...bitches and hoes...dubba dabba this....raise your hands in the air like you just dont care...i got money...im a pimp...kill whitey...f the police....smack a hoe...im the baddest...Im a gangster...i got my glock...blah blah blah...PUKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Every song is the same!!!!!!!!
    So you're a fan of my wife left me...my dog is dead...my pickup died...I like to drink beer and whiskey...the south will rise again...YE HAW...I love my horse more than my wife...I got a shotgun on my gun rack...blah, blah, blah...PUKE!!!

EVERY SONG IS THE SAME!!!!!! <sarcasm>

Obviously you don't know much about rap music, as there are many different types. The above poster said he doesn't like R&B, but R&B IS NOT RAP!! You might want to look into a genre before you make uneducated responses about music.
    Last edited by BgMc31; 04-11-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    So you're a fan of my wife left me...my dog is dead...my pickup died...I like to drink beer and whiskey...the south will rise again...YE HAW...I love my horse more than my wife...I got a shotgun on my gun rack...blah, blah, blah...PUKE!!!

LOL^^^^^ nice response..

Obviously you don't know much about rap music, as there are many different types. The above poster said he doesn't like R&B, but R&B IS NOT RAP!! You might want to look into a genre before you make uneducated responses about music.

If this is aimed at me^^^^^i know R&B is not Rap,,, i actually like a bit Rap music DMX being my favourite, ive even got one of his albums

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post

hahahaha, I was waiting on you to chime in on that post.

Thats hilarious.

Blog Entries
    LOL

Lyrics- Ok, so how many songs can you have about getting drunk, beating your wife because she was mad because you slept with your sister?Clearly too many.I have an idea for you country writers, stop ****ing writing.Honestly nobody cares that you ran over ol Yeller with your tractor and polished off a fifth of Jack.As far as I’m concerned ol Yeller should have been replaced with you, then there would be no more shitty songs coming out of you mouth.If that’s too hard for you to do, then I recommend you go inside and beat off to your NASCAR.

Woman Singers- Stop, I’m serious.Nobody cares that you want to ride a cowboy.You can try all you want to ride a cowboy, but the fact of the matter is you can’t.All the cowboys have been more open about their sexuality since the Brokeback era.So you might as well go back to your lesbian ways, like the chicks.

Square Dancing- Since the dawn of mankind people have been using dance to express their culture.The dances have been elaborate and have needed much skill.However the rednecks from the country era were always waaay too drunk to do anything talented, or create anything that requires talent (see country music).So what do they invent?Square Dancing.The retarded child of the dance world.Wanna learn how to do it?Ill teach you.First do a heel-toe 5 times, dip 4 times, slide left 3 times, dosey do, bend over, and let your partner stick his dick in your ass.Now that’s talent!

Rodeo- Want some sport while listening to your “music”?I have an idea, lets put a guy on a pissed off bull, then watch him ride the bull longer than he can ride his wife/sister.Now we are having fun!

Reba- God that was a bad show, but then again, who would expect talent from a country singer.

Trailer Parks- Why is it that inbred drunks that live in trailer parks find comfort in country music?Coincidence?I think not.

Racism- Lets do some math.Country music comes from the south, the south was part of the confederation, the confederation wanted slavery, the confederation lost, and in retaliation started the Klu Klux Klan!Who knew that math could be so much fun?!

There you have it, a comprehensive list of why country music sucks!If this pissed you off, good!Because your music pisses me off!

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    LOL

Lyrics- Ok, so how many songs can you have about getting drunk, beating your wife because she was mad because you slept with your sister?Clearly too many.I have an idea for you country writers, stop ****ing writing.Honestly nobody cares that you ran over ol Yeller with your tractor and polished off a fifth of Jack.As far as I’m concerned ol Yeller should have been replaced with you, then there would be no more shitty songs coming out of you mouth.If that’s too hard for you to do, then I recommend you go inside and beat off to your NASCAR.

Woman Singers- Stop, I’m serious.Nobody cares that you want to ride a cowboy.You can try all you want to ride a cowboy, but the fact of the matter is you can’t.All the cowboys have been more open about their sexuality since the Brokeback era.So you might as well go back to your lesbian ways, like the chicks.

Square Dancing- Since the dawn of mankind people have been using dance to express their culture.The dances have been elaborate and have needed much skill.However the rednecks from the country era were always waaay too drunk to do anything talented, or create anything that requires talent (see country music).So what do they invent?Square Dancing.The retarded child of the dance world.Wanna learn how to do it?Ill teach you.First do a heel-toe 5 times, dip 4 times, slide left 3 times, dosey do, bend over, and let your partner stick his dick in your ass.Now that’s talent!

Rodeo- Want some sport while listening to your “music”?I have an idea, lets put a guy on a pissed off bull, then watch him ride the bull longer than he can ride his wife/sister.Now we are having fun!

Reba- God that was a bad show, but then again, who would expect talent from a country singer.

Trailer Parks- Why is it that inbred drunks that live in trailer parks find comfort in country music?Coincidence?I think not.

Racism- Lets do some math.Country music comes from the south, the south was part of the confederation, the confederation wanted slavery, the confederation lost, and in retaliation started the Klu Klux Klan!Who knew that math could be so much fun?!

There you have it, a comprehensive list of why country music sucks!If this pissed you off, good!Because your music pisses me off!
    This made me laugh pretty hard.

yeah that was funny!!!!!!!

what i dont understand is why so many "cowboys" listen to rap.. thats on conundrum that irks me..

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa View Post
    what i dont understand is why so many "cowboys" listen to rap.. thats on conundrum that irks me..
    Thats what kid rock is for.

Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed View Post
    Thats what kid rock is for.
    that dood kills me ..

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa View Post
    that dood kills me ..
    Kid rock is why the rest of the world hates us.

Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed View Post
    Kid rock is why the rest of the world hates us.
    this is true i think is saw a story about that concept on 20/20

Was gonna say something but I think this picture says it all.

now that avator is what im talking about Alex!!!

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    now that avator is what im talking about Alex!!!
    Hell yeah

True country music is all but dead and has been replaced by this terrible stereotypical music that so many people hate.

I think people forget tho Metallica was influenced by Waylon Jennings and Johnny cash. Bob Dylan still says Hank Williams Sr was one of the greatest song writers of all time. Snoop dogg rated Don't take your guns to town by Cash in his top 50 favorite songs of all time. How many people have done covers of country music? Hank III was the bassist in superjoint ritual with Phil Anselmo.

Well I agree country music has gone to shit and I think anyone who really loves the music would agree.

BgMc31, you should realize rap and country music has a lot more in common then one would think. Both for the most part our story telling genre's. Both in there golden era were actually written by the artists something that is rare today. Also the songs are about things seen or done by the artist. The big difference is one urban and one is rural.

I myself well not a fan a rap because I can't relate to it, I at least can respect that artist.

Also the good "real" country is coming out of the midwest by unsigned bands Trashville wouldn't sign for a million dollars.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter View Post
    True country music is all but dead and has been replaced by this terrible stereotypical music that so many people hate.

I think people forget tho Metallica was influenced by Waylon Jennings and Johnny cash. Bob Dylan still says Hank Williams Sr was one of the greatest song writers of all time. Snoop dogg rated Don't take your guns to town by Cash in his top 50 favorite songs of all time. How many people have done covers of country music? Hank III was the bassist in superjoint ritual with Phil Anselmo.

Well I agree country music has gone to shit and I think anyone who really loves the music would agree.

BgMc31, you should realize rap and country music has a lot more in common then one would think. Both for the most part our story telling genre's. Both in there golden era were actually written by the artists something that is rare today. Also the songs are about things seen or done by the artist. The big difference is one urban and one is rural.

I myself well not a fan a rap because I can't relate to it, I at least can respect that artist.
    you sure tht wouldnt be black sabbath, judas priest, motorhead, iron maiden etc? i'll give you a clue, buy 'garage days revisted' tht'll point out the influences

you sure tht wouldnt be black sabbath, judas priest, motorhead, iron maiden etc? i'll give you a clue, buy 'garage days revisted' tht'll point out the influences
    I am sure. It was an a interview James Hetfield gave saying Waylon was a influence/friend. So specifically I should have said Hetfield was influenced by waylon not Metallica as a whole. Hetfield has preformed a couple of waylon songs and one I believe was duet with his widow Jesse Colter or it may have been shooter. Actually I think it was Shooter who was heavily influenced by Metallica.
    Last edited by Hunter; 04-11-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    I am sure. It was an a interview James Hetfield gave saying Waylon was a influence/friend.
    it doesnt come out in the music

it doesnt come out in the music
    I am not a huge fan of Metallica so I don't listen to enough of the music to comment. I listened to the earlier stuff in which you are right it doesn't come out I can't comment on the later stuff. I am simply saying something Hetfeild said himself.

Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    All you haters, i love country.

Hetfeild also recorded the song I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane on a tribute album to waylon. Which is one of the three songs on that album worth listening to.

Blog Entries
    Hetfeild also recorded the song I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane on a tribute album to waylon. Which is one of the three songs on that album worth listening to.
    prob a person thing to him then, ive listened to em for 24yrs and dont see the cash/waylon thing. everything afta the black album is shit anyhow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information