Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja

A scary pain... big deal or not? Please help

Last Thursday (April 8) I did some extensive sit ups and pushed myself very hard. I had the normal burning pain in my muscles from a great work out and was pleased with myself. I took the weekend off from any training and on Monday I was back at it again. I did some push ups before I started my work out and I had this pain in my lower left stomach right around my intestine and sigmoid colon. It felt like something pushing out on my stomach. I thought nothing of it, just chalked it up to the ab workout from thursday. I also felt the same pain while doing chin ups, again I discarded it as maybe a slightly pulled muscle.

Today, about 20 mins ago I went to do some push ups for warm up and there the pain was again, but this time it was more noticeable. I could make the pain hurt less if I lifted my ass up into the air just a touch while finishing my push ups. I thought to myself.... lets try some chin ups, see what happens. I went to pull myself up and it felt like my insides where going to explode out of my stomach.... it actually made me yell with pain. I am going to the doctor to get this looked at right away, but was wondering if anyone can give me some insight to what this may be. I also notice the pain when I sneeze or cough.... it doesn't hurt but it reminds me its there.

Any advice or experience??

Thanks

trix8 is offline Associate Member
    Im bettin you got a hernia, u feel any weird sensations in ur nuts

I was thinking the same thing, but I have no out of the ordinary nut feelings

Not to mention I have no bumps, lumps or bulges in the area.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Any recent cycle history? HGH maybe? What did the doc say?

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, but I have no out of the ordinary nut feelings
    You can get muscle hernias. Thats why some pros have blown out looking belly buttons.

No recent cycle history.... currently priming for an upcoming cycle. I am going to the doctor tomorrow. I sneezed at work today and it almost brought me to my knees. This is not fun.

According to the Doc.... it is just an Abdominal Muscle strain.... should go away within a week, but no working out allowed.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Good news is the abs are one of the fastest healing muscles so just be patient (I know - easier said than done). The gym isn't going anywhere so take care of yourself and listen to your doc. Good luck bro and fast healing.

Thread Information