Walnutz is offline Member

Fedor-Brock Lesnar UFC Super Match May Be a Reality

Fedor-Brock Lesnar UFC Super Match May Be a Reality
    by Joe Pietaro

UFC president Dana White usually gets what he wants. And what he wants right now is to set up what will become the most highly-anticipated match-up in the history of mixed martial arts. According to longtime UFC color commentator Joe Rogan, that just might become a reality.

A guest on today’s “Opie and Anthony” satellite radio show on SiriusXM, Rogan (who is also a stand-up comedian and a ‘friend’ of the show) was asked by fellow comedian Jim Norton when Brock Lesnar will make his return in the Octagon against Shane Carwin.

“It will be on July 3, unless Lesnar fights Fedor,” Rogan responded.

This opened up an entirely new and exciting topic of the possibility of Fedor Emelianenko, arguably the best heavyweight mixed martial artist in the world, coming to UFC to face their top big man. Rogan added that White always does his best to bring the fans the fights they want to see and this is definitely one that has been the topic of discussion for some time.

“I would say the odds are 50/50 (of Fedor coming to the UFC),” said Rogan. ”With the Russian promoters, they’re tough to deal with. Anyone else and the odds would be 100 percent.”

White has gone on record as saying that Fedor has become his “obsession” but that he never negotiates with fighters that have contracts with other organizations, in this case StrikeForce/M-1 Global. On a video interview posted by Fanhouse/MMA Fighting.com this week on YouTube, White remarked, “I want it worse than the fans want it now. Believe me.”

White was very coy and spoke in general terms when the interviewer asked him about Fedor’s contract situation. White indicated that he has spoken to Fedor’s management personnel “more recent than you think.” The UFC mastermind also mentioned that the two sides, while there may not be the presence of “bad blood,” have “talked smack” to one another in the past, most likely right before Fedor, 33, signed with StrikeForce last August. At the time, Fedor was quoted as saying, “I am looking forward to going back to work and fighting at the highest level. StrikeForce is a top fight promotion that houses some of the greatest fighters in the world. I am prepared to fight any of them.”

Known as “The Last Emperor,” Fedor has a professional MMA 31-1-0 record, with the one defeat of the controversial variety. On December 22, 2000, he sustained a cut at the beginning of the first round versus Tsuyoshi Kohsaka in Osaka, Japan. The fight was stopped and the official decision was a TKO for Kohsaka. At 6′3″ and 220 pounds, the native of Russia would be giving up an inch in height and 45 pounds in weight to the 32-year-old Lesnar.

The Minnesotan will be making a comeback after having to sit out since pounding Frank Mir at UFC 100 on July 11, 2009. Lesnar suffered an illness first diagnosed as mononucleosis, but was later discovered to be a serious case of diverticulitis. Because of a perforated intestine, Lesnar suffered many ailments, with mono being the least of his problems. Lesnar underwent surgery last November and all told, lost approximately 40 pounds.

Both he and White apeared on ESPN’s “SportsCenter” in January announcing that Lesnar was back in training and had put back 30 pounds of the weight he lost while being sick and his subsequent convalescence. He is still considered the UFC Heavyweight Champion and was scheduled to fight either Carwin or Mir to unify the titles. In March, Carwin won the interim championship by defeating Mir in New Jersey at UFC 111.

But now with these recent developments, that all may change – for the better. White wouldn’t have it any other way.

MuscleSport Mag has contacted StrikeForce for a response and to ascertain the status of Fedor’s contract. We will do a follow-up once a reply is sent.

source

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    ill only believe it, when they are stareing each other in the face!!!!!!

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    If this happens,
    I will finally see that piece of Sh9t lesner get the beating he deserves

TheArtist is offline Member
    i think it'll be a good fight... fedor is an unbelievable fighter... but lesnar is just a powerhouse... i fear that if he gets his mitts on fedor he could just overpower him.
    BUT... if lesnar has lost all the weight they claim... then maybe he won't be so formidable.

Walnutz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    ill only believe it, when they are stareing each other in the face!!!!!!
    I totally agree....

Deen54 is offline Member
    fedor totally outskills lesnar..

chadstud is offline Associate Member
    lesnar will just hit him once like heath herring and be done with him, fedor will realize he is in the ring with a bull.
    ps there is a fighting forum for this

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chadstud View Post
    lesnar will just hit him once like heath herring and be done with him, fedor will realize he is in the ring with a bull.
    not to get into a long debate with you again... but why do you feel so strong about brock being this power house puncher...

i like lesnar, but people build up this big myth about him being so strong, fake rumors of him benching 650, and squating 900... even fake articles about him doing a punching contest with carwin.. which both said were false..

lesnar is a really good talent, lets keep the legend style stories out of it until he has fought a few more fights, he has only had one massive punch in his short career, that punch did break a bone in herrings face, but herring still made it 3 more rounds after that.

lesnar is a beast i would be scared to fight with even a baseball bat.. but lets not pretend he is a fighting god.

in this fight Fedor is the only one proven to knock people out , and take tons of punches without being phased. Fedor needs to up his fights because strike force sucks. but don't act as if a man that has never lost and fought every number 1 contender ever given to him is crap..

July 2009 lesnar himself said on ESPN radio he wanted to fight fedor because fedor is the best.

Jim Rome: Do you think you’re gonna get a shot at fighting Fedor?
    Brock Lesnar: Ultimately someday I would hope, you know, but I want to, you know, I want to be able to get in the octagon and I think i got a lot to prove as a fighter, you know. Um.. I want to, I want to, you know, I want to get a few more fights in and i want to, you know, it’s just not, I’m not here hot shot anything you know as far as the fight business, this is a business for me first and foremost, this is how I make my living and then that’s how I look at it so we created a lot of controversy I guess post fight and you know, in some ways I look at this, was this a good uh, you know.. i have to look for the good in all of this and not retrospect and reflect on the bad. So ,utimately in the end, is there a fight? Would i accept the fight from Fedor? Absolutely.
    Jim Rome: So you would want to fight him?
    Brock Lesnar: I would, He is the top of the Division.
    Last edited by quarry206; 04-16-2010 at 04:33 PM.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Lesnar is a joke, nothing but size and strength. He would be humiliated by Fedor.

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Both the emelianenko brothers are great fighters. Brock lesnar is a scary man but I think fedor would put him in his place.

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    this

can't wait to see lesnar woop his ass

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    I understand the mad respect for Fedor...but he simply has never faught anyone the size/speed/strength of Lesnar. He beats up the rejects of UFC (sylvia, Arlovski) who wouldn't stand a chance in the devision anymore, and his last opponent (Rogers) had never faught anyone worth mentioning. I'm a Fedor fan but I think Lesnar/Carwin and maybe even Mir could hand him his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Chode Logan View Post
    I understand the mad respect for Fedor...but he simply has never faught anyone the size/speed/strength of Lesnar. He beats up the rejects of UFC (sylvia, Arlovski) who wouldn't stand a chance in the devision anymore, and his last opponent (Rogers) had never faught anyone worth mentioning. I'm a Fedor fan but I think Lesnar/Carwin and maybe even Mir could hand him his ass.
    Im glad you have seen 2 of Fedors fights.

You seem to be missing alot.
    Hes only beating up rejects now because Dana White is a fag.

Rewind back a few years
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emelianenko

read through his opponents.

Ur post is not well informed.

lesnar has more than one good punch. he tko'd randy he dropped mir in their first fight and pummled him in the second with short punches just think what a haymaker or hook would do, this mans jab would break a jaw.

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Fedor will win against brock, no question in my mind. His striking is far superior and his sambo will own lesnars wrestling. Fedors hand speed is amazing for a heavyweight and his heart is unmatched. I would pay a hundred bucks to see this and would make thousands against brock nutthuggers like chad in company, with all due respect.

lesnar has more than one good punch. he tko'd randy he dropped mir in their first fight and pummled him in the second with short punches just think what a haymaker or hook would do, this mans jab would break a jaw.
    If I swing my dick hard enough,
    I could probly break a jaw or two

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    If I swing my dick hard enough,
    I could probly break a jaw or two
    laughed pretty hard at that. Chad stud struggles to break hymens

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by Chode Logan View Post
    He beat a prime Nog and CroCop. Not the men who you see now.

The common opponent is Herring. Fedor stopped Herring with the most brutal display of ground and pound seen to that point. Herring was also in his prime at this time. Brock whether it was his first fight or not pretty much l n p for 3 rounds against a washed up Herring. This is by no means the deciding factor but fact is Fedor has more ways to win the brock. Brock is for sure the all around better athlete and more accomplished wrestler. Which Could be bad for Fedor since he has been known to get complacent with his take down defense. However Fedor is by far the more battle tested of the two. Fedor is very talented in both judo and sambo and has done well in both on the international stage well Brock only wrestled collegiality. Fedor has been praised by E. Hoost who is considered one of the kick boxers of all time. I think it would be a good fight with Fedor either catching Brock early on in a submission or a late tko.

Mir is a paper tiger. Its easy to look good against Cans.

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed View Post
    lolol

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Im glad you have seen 2 of Fedors fights.

You seem to be missing alot.
    Hes only beating up rejects now because Dana White is a fag.

Rewind back a few years
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emelianenko

read through his opponents.

Ur post is not well informed.
    I have seen all of his fights, I am a fan of his. I still don't think any of them are of a caliber that he would face in the UFC currently. Yes Nog and Crocop were "In their prime" but how can you prove that? They both can't hang and look like shit in the division in UFC.

My post is well informed, my opinion is just different. Look at Carwin, his opponent list isn't "star studded" either, but he finished every ****ing fight in the first round. . 12-0. Yet people say Fedor would destroy him.........I don't think so.And Mir might be a "paper fighter", but he ****ed Nog up yet Fedor couldn't finish him.

Fedor is statistically the best in the world, but let's get serious here.

Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed View Post
    you have nothing to say because u dont kno shit

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Fedor is an overrated vagina.

/thread

Thread Information