Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member

I wanna lease an Audi A5...what are my chances?

Background:
    Credit score is mid 600's (upper level college student) mostly all loans.
    My co-signer (father/mother) doesn't have THAT much better, but they have an extensive history compared to mine which is just loans lol.
    Might be able to get someone with a VERY GOOD credit score to co-sign with me

Basically I wanna know my monthly payments given the fact I live in Southern Florida and with the circumstances above, I DONT NEED EXACT NUMBERS JUST A GUESSTIMATE.

I really want that car and I WILL have a job when I come back up to where I live most of the year (North Florida) but you know telling a car dealer you are gonna have a job isn't gonna do jacksh!t

I was thinking about putting anywhere from 4-5 thousand dollars down, I can't own because my family is not that wealthy right now (invested heavy in the housing market before it crashed 5 years ago so you can imagine what happened).

Thanks

immortal

P.S. I mean if its gonna be more than 500/month forgettta about it since I don't have that kind of money + insurance

LiftedDuramax2007 is offline Associate Member
    why not just go to their website and do their lease calculator?

Itll be under $500 but Im sure its going to be several thousand upfront.
    That and you wont be able to drive that many miles per year without being charged for going over.

Honestly I think a lease is the wrong way to go, especially on an audi

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i dont see it happening with out a job. on a 40k car its almost required you put down 4k. That pretty much just tax, tags and all the other bs. So pretty much you arent putting anything down on the car.

Most dealers are asking for proof of income. Banks statements or paycheck stubs.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    i dont see it happening with out a job. on a 40k car its almost required you put down 4k. That pretty much just tax, tags and all the other bs. So pretty much you arent putting anything down on the car.

Most dealers are asking for proof of income. Banks statements or paycheck stubs.
    I didn't expect to have it under my name, so if it was under my parent's or relatives name, but I basically paid the shit. How would that work?

Do you think a 450 dollar monthly payment is even realistic? Some places are saying 440 or 479 but I would assume that is with really good credit.

Here's the offer from Audi New York area

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/r...ial_offer.html

But I assume you would have to have excellent credit to get that rate, then again with the economy the way it is, I thought car dealers would be more lenient.

What type of sports car do you think would be good to get with a decent monthly payment?

I know Camaros arent being leased yet and the a4 is alright, not a big mustang fan since EVERYONE has one. Idk I am not a big car guy, just want a decent nice car with some power.

yea that offer would be to someone with a credit score over 700 among other things.

also notice that price is for only 10k miles. That isnt much i would never get a lease with only 10k miles a year.

You were talking about getting a co-signer so then it is in your name. To not have it your name you would have to someone that trust you enough to be fully responsible for that loan.

Dealers have gotten better were they have better rebates or pricing. Manufactures are offering lower or 0% interest to qualified people. They aren't making financing any easier. With so many people not making payments its harder to get financed now then it was years ago

yea that offer would be to someone with a credit score over 700 among other things.

also notice that price is for only 10k miles. That isnt much i would never get a lease with only 10k miles a year.

You were talking about getting a co-signer so then it is in your name. To not have it your name you would have to someone that trust you enough to be fully responsible for that loan.

Dealers have gotten better were they have better rebates or pricing. Manufactures are offering lower or 0% interest to qualified people. They aren't making financing any easier. With so many people not making payments its harder to get financed now then it was years ago
    True, I found this offer

http://www.infinitiusa.com/current-o...ehicle=g_coupe

G37 Coupe 389 for 39 months with 4,000 down, yup it has that 10,000 mile on it.

So honestly it sucks, I mean I wanna lease, I don't wanna buy. I am graduating in less than 2 years with a double major and whats the point of having an owned car underneath me when I am leaving the state.

What do you think is my best opition?

Thanks for the help so far

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    True, I found this offer

http://www.infinitiusa.com/current-o...ehicle=g_coupe

G37 Coupe 389 for 39 months with 4,000 down, yup it has that 10,000 mile on it.

So honestly it sucks, I mean I wanna lease, I don't wanna buy. I am graduating in less than 2 years with a double major and whats the point of having an owned car underneath me when I am leaving the state.

What do you think is my best opition?

Thanks for the help so far
    i knew that sounded cheap for a g37. We looked at them last year. If you read that it excludes taxes tags and all the other bs. So if you dont pay that on top of the 4k down you lease payment is around $500

i dont understand the point of you not wanting to buy. Whats the difference if you will lease for 39 months or buy for the same period. You are still responsible for it no matter what. Leasing your payments will be cheaper though.

Honestly i think you are looking out of your range. All those are going to cost you more then you can afford it sounds. You probably need around a 30k car.

i knew that sounded cheap for a g37. We looked at them last year. If you read that it excludes taxes tags and all the other bs. So if you dont pay that on top of the 4k down you lease payment is around $500

i dont understand the point of you not wanting to buy. Whats the difference if you will lease for 39 months or buy for the same period. You are still responsible for it no matter what. Leasing your payments will be cheaper though.

Honestly i think you are looking out of your range. All those are going to cost you more then you can afford it sounds. You probably need around a 30k car.
    I want a damn Camaro, I am not an "expensive car" type guy. Camaro is what I like but those fvckers don't give lease options lol. Might go with a nice truck, not on monster truck wheels, but you know on "bigger" wheels and I am as far as redneck as can be.

I don't know what to do, maybe a hyundai genesis. Problem with buying cars is, I look at it this way, unless its a nice car (High end BMW or Mercedes or Lexus) its gonna become outdated quickly (3 yrs) and when I am not out of college yet and don't have a high paying job I am not in the same position as you for example.

It would be a whole different ballgame if I was out of college, had a good job, etc.

So whats the point of buying it when you have no intention have keeping the car for more than 3-4 yrs tops.

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    I can't tell you about your payment amounts but what I can tell you is the financing that dealerships do through their own financial institutions like Ford with ford motor credit and chrysler with chrysler financial and so... Audi has one too. They are easier to get approved with than an actual bank. I know I am from Canada but I know its the same there. For lending institutions use your beacon score as a guide line. Granted there is a minimum required beacon score. What is most important is your trade lines. Trade lines are your past and current loans/credit cards/lines of credit. All comes into play here; length each trade line has been open, high credit limit on each trade line which goes hand in hand with the balance you are carrying on each. Whether the trade lines are Joint or Individual. How many trade lines you have.... and how your overall payment history has been 30/60/90 days late.... meanwhile looking for any bankruptcies, credit counseling, judgements and collections. I could probably go forever so I am gonna stop there.

I guess I can sum it up with.... If you do not know how to read a credit bureau like a lender would, all you can do is try to get approved and see what happens. If you are not working while applying for financing, I suggest you lie about that and say you are working and have been on the job for at least 6 months and make sure you say you make enough money a month so that you do not have any debt to service issues. They will most likely not ask to verify your income when dealing with a prime lender.

Good Luck

cobra305 is offline Member
    Why don't you buy a certified used one and have lower payments and this way you will get something for it when you get your next car. You should also keep in mind when buying a nice car like this that fees for things such as oil changes are more expsensive than your average car. What is the point of leasing a car you can barely afford payments on, it will just sit in your driveway because you will not be able to afford gas. If you have to think about being able to afford a luxury chances are you can't

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    why would u put 4-5k down on a lease now.

u can get a nice maxima/altima/any mazda/ volkswagon for zero down, and anywhere from $265-420 month....

i just dont understand people who put down money on a lease....

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I just don't undersand people who like those ugly ass camaro's.......

Not only that..... but i've seen 4 of em broken down on the side of the road already......

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Name all the cars you wouldnt mind having?

You against getting something that is 2 years old?

If you can get a good enough co-signer you can go to bank or credit union and get a good loan.

My 72 month loan is at 5% for a 3 year old truck. My payments are $500 a month and the truck was $33k

I still advise against getting a lease

Quote Originally Posted by LiftedDuramax2007 View Post
    Name all the cars you wouldnt mind having?

You against getting something that is 2 years old?

If you can get a good enough co-signer you can go to bank or credit union and get a good loan.

My 72 month loan is at 5% for a 3 year old truck. My payments are $500 a month and the truck was $33k

I still advise against getting a lease
    $500 for 6 years on a pick up. Fvck that

freakinhuge is offline Senior Member
    leases are no good

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I just don't undersand people who like those ugly ass camaro's.......

Not only that..... but i've seen 4 of em broken down on the side of the road already......

~Haz~
    they are hideous

$500 for 6 years on a pick up. Fvck that
    umm thats cheap buddy lol
    Takes are also in there keep that in mind. Nothing down

My duramax is fully loaded too

Quote Originally Posted by LiftedDuramax2007 View Post
    umm thats cheap buddy lol
    Takes are also in there keep that in mind. Nothing down

My duramax is fully loaded too
    lol to each their own.

Thats more then my payments were on a brand new benz (but i put 4k down) never the less a used pick up

i've owned pick-ups before. I could just never see spending that kind of $ on a pick up

lol to each their own.

Thats more then my payments were on a brand new benz (but i put 4k down) never the less a used pick up

i've owned pick-ups before. I could just never see spending that kind of $ on a pick up
    Well it was only 1 1/2years old when I got it. And not sure if you know or not but a duramax tacks on $7k to the price of a normal gas truck.
    Which benz did you get?

If I would’ve bought this truck brand new it would’ve been $45k

I am curious about this benz for less than $500 a month even with 4k down. Must be a C230 or you are amortized to the max.... Or you need to tell everyone where to buy a merc from

Quote Originally Posted by freakinhuge View Post
    leases are no good
    I have worked in the car business for 4 years and now own my own finance company... I am curious why you say leases are no good?? I have yet to meet a person who can convince me of this unless..... you are driving excessive mileage every year and are going to exceed mileage on the lease for sure.

Depending on the lease rate and the residual most of the time a lease is the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    I am curious about this benz for less than $500 a month even with 4k down. Must be a C230 or you are amortized to the max.... Or you need to tell everyone where to buy a merc from
    it was a c300 sport

we got a 3 year old clk 350 with around $1200 down for $378 a month

I agree leases are good. i had a few. It does depend on your situation

I dont mind having any car even if it is a year or two old and I actually been thinking about a Nissian Altima.

What would the payments be on a fully loaded Nissan altima with 2K grand down? 2009 or 2010 model I don't really car.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    u can lease a altima with zero down and pay less than 300 month.

dont put money down on a lease

Thread Information