Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member

Say hello to.....

Cody!

he's 8 weeks old, i pick him up next week...

my 11 month old collie is so awesome, i had to get another... now he'll have a friend to chase around !

sam is great at offleash parks, with kids, etc - so i figured he'd love to have a friend..... is there anything i should do to help them get used to each other, but also to not let sam get jealous of the new pup?

pics of cody, and of sam!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Say hello to.....-img_0982.jpg   Say hello to.....-img_0991.jpg   Say hello to.....-img_0992.jpg   Say hello to.....-img_0997.jpg   Say hello to.....-samrecaroapril3.jpg  

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    cant help you with your questions mate,,,,but the puppy is very cute!..very nice dogs!

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Cute puppy man.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    They're beautiful dogs..... good luck with the new one! I just let my 4yr old cocker/wheaton mix smell the ass of the new pitbull and then let the pit smell my other dogs ass. This was the 1st thing we did with them.....

When my father brought home a new pitt - he had to be careful because his Boxer is real nasty with other dogs. He had to put up a baby playpen and let the pitbull spend a few days in that so the boxer could get used to the smell. They're fine now.....

Maybe you can get a blanket that the puppy is sleeping on and bring it home and let sam sleep with it to get him used to the scent. Maybe do the same for the puppy with sams blanket or toy....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Very cute. Good luck with him !

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Just treat them both equally and maintain dominance over them. When you bring home the pup, introduce them in the street...take them for a walk together. Don't introduce them at your home. Collies aren't too hard to deal with so I think you'll be fine.

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    yah, im gonna take them to the offleash park and let them go bonkers...im gonna have to keep the small one on lead, but...it'll let them play a bit.

there's good walking paths along here too..never thought of that!

they were together for a good bit at the breeders place, and sam did great - but it could be a different story when it comes down to him being in sams home.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    I agree w/ Haz.. you just need to let them get used to one another.. just like kids you probably need to supervise for the first couple weeks and they should be fine.. you won't neglect Sam, you he'll be good w the new kid I'm sure..

Good luck bro -

IG

Thread Information