JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)

almost cut my finger off

i was chopping onions with a super sharp knife and came down on my thumb in the middle of the nail. i started sweating like mad and gushing blood..... never had feelings of fainting before but i think i was as close as you can get. i wrapped it and held pressure for a while. once my head cleared and i stopped sweating i administered some self aid. cleaned the wound and wrapped it up now im sitting here with a whole roll of gauze around my thumb. thats why i dont cook.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Sounds nasty

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    holy chit..... so it cut through the nail!? your damned lucky you hit there and not at your thumb joint lol.....

My father went to recap a 23g needle, missed the cap, and the needle went under his thumb nail.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

yeah, if i didnt hit nail it could have been bad i bet. the nail is still stuck to the skin though. i tried to pull it off but didnt wanna rip part of my thumb off so i left it on for now.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    yeah - i'd let it fall off on it's own. I'll give you the "Big set of balls" award if you rip it off now tho..... LMAO

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

im cool with my tiny little bitch balls for now

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    no pic's <<<?? disappointed.

but happy that you were not maimed for life..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

thanks man. me too. adrenaline flow was crazy. i was holding on to the sink with both hands while my knees were buckling and legs were going crazy like forest gump walking with leg braces. crazy feeling man.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I had the same feeling of sweating and being ready to faint all three times I almost cut my finger off. I felt crazy.

First time I was using a pocket knife as a screwdriver and it slammed shut on my pinky

second time a twig got stuck in my bush hedger and when I went to pull it out my thumb went into the blade

third time I was cutting a piece if chainlink with a dull pair of sheetmetal cutters and when it finally snapped through the fence my finger went inbetween the blades. Glad it was dull. It cut to the bone on one side and through part if the nail.

I couldn't imagine if you hit the joint. That would take forever to heal.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    i nearly cut the top inside of my litlle finger off a few weeks ago,,,took ages to heal! still feels tender now...unreal how much blood came out!,,,,tho i didnt get faint at all, i was just amazed at all the blood!

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    There's a lot of nerve endings in your fingers, always sucks to hurt them. I've hit my thumb with a hammer, had my fingers slammed in doors, cut my thumb with a utility knife once. The most painful was throwing down some 100+ dumbbells after bench and smashing a finger between another dumbbell my training partner left too close to my bench. That ended a perfectly good workout.

Good thing is they seem to heal fairly quick.

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Real lucky you hit the nail.

stick to microwave meals for a while

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I couldnt even read this thread It mad me cringe. Are you going to get stitches?

cobra305 is offline Member
    I had that same feeling when I cut 9 tendons 2 nerves and 1 artery in my wrist (accidentally) it is pretty shitty. The last thing you want to do is pass out because you saw some blood it would be embarassing

cobra305 is offline Member
    Also you may want to go to a doctor or clean the shit out of it and keep it as sterile as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra305 View Post
    I had that same feeling when I cut 9 tendons 2 nerves and 1 artery in my wrist (accidentally) it is pretty shitty. The last thing you want to do is pass out because you saw some blood it would be embarassing
    the blood doesn't bother me at all.... i think it was the fact that i thought i was gonna lose my thumb..... i dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed View Post
    I couldnt even read this thread It mad me cringe. Are you going to get stitches?
    i dunno... i think im gonna keep it wrapped tight and see how it goes. the doctor and stitches are a littl eout of my budget right now so thats last resort.

shredhead is offline New Member
    dude if your not going to show a pic...why even post about it

i was cutting up some lobster tails about a month ago, and got this little bo bo

blood everywhere, all the way to the bone
    ]
    Last edited by shredhead; 05-05-2010 at 03:04 PM.

thats nasty man.... this is all i got for now. i aint touchin it for a while.

shredhead is offline New Member
    ah man i feel cheated..heh...

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    i dunno... i think im gonna keep it wrapped tight and see how it goes. the doctor and stitches are a littl eout of my budget right now so thats last resort.
    Yeah I know what ya mean they really bend you over for that kind of shit. This is turning into one nasty thread lol now theres pics.

rc_p90 is offline Associate Member
    holy shit that pic is nasty

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    ugh for you and anyone else here who doesn't know how to chop or dice...the KNIFE TIP SHOULD NEVER LEAVE THE CUTTING BOARD. The end towards the handle goes up and down pivoting on the tip of the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
    ugh for you and anyone else here who doesn't know how to chop or dice...the KNIFE TIP SHOULD NEVER LEAVE THE CUTTING BOARD. The end towards the handle goes up and down pivoting on the tip of the blade.
    Yeah that's how I was doing it. Done it hundreds of times. Just wasn't paying attention like I should have been.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    Yeah that's how I was doing it. Done it hundreds of times. Just wasn't paying attention like I should have been.
    then you got some damned good cutlery

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
    then you got some damned good cutlery
    yeah it was in my moms kitchen. shes a cooking instructor. the knives said "DO NOT TOUCH" on them. now i know why.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    ouch!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information