NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned

So whats your gameplan when you take a year off competing?

Do you try and stay close to contest weight? Do you say **** it and just go all out for size? I'm taking at least 1 yr off competing, possibly 2 yrs. I am trying to make some gains but I'd like to stay somewhat conditioned at the same time. I dont mind letting the conditioning go a little (say 15-20 lbs over contest weight) do you guys have much success with staying under 8-9% bf in the off season? Its very hard for me to see all of my friends compete, I want to do one too, but at the same time I dont want to come to the show bringing the same thing each time. This is why I want to take some time off, and come back to do some damage next year. I did a bulking cycle of dbol , gram/wk test, and 600/wk EQ for 12 wks, got up to 255 lbs, dropped it back to a cruise of just 250 mg every 10-12 days test e and currently 234 lbs around 10-11% bf. I was going to do a cutting cycle for summer, but after much thought I've decided to cruise another 6-8 wks or so, and then go right back into another bulking cycle. My ultimate goal is to compete at the top of the heavyweights instead of in the middle, so I'm looking at probably having to gain another 10 lbs of muscle. I have used a little GH and IGF-1 in the past, but I do not want the look of a GH user w/ a distended gut. I'm trying to get a tight waist and look like one of the guys from the 60's/70's era. Reg Park/ Mike Mentzer is more of the look I'm going for. So I guess what I'm asking is how would you go about this? Would you just keep hitting bulking cycles in between cruising for the next year? Would you try and keep the bf% under 10%? I like hearing others input and suggestions, thanks

CMPD213 is offline Associate Member
    If you use GH at say 3-4iu a day it will assist you in staying somewhat lean while taking in a surplus of calories.. You obviously have your goals set, and you have a year or two to achieve what you want.

My advice would be to do what you have planned, and every 2-3 months switch something, whether it be training split or diet.. You're a pretty big boy, so to continue making progress you'll have to make changes whether it be diet, training, or cc's. Put some extra emphasis on your lagging body parts as well. If you're taking the time off, make sure you use it wisely. Who cares about your friends contest shape, after you do what you set out to do this offseason, your contest shape should be noticeably better

NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned
    I've thought about getting back on GH, would 3-4 iu/day for a year or so allow me to still keep a tight waist? See, the problem I have is bone dry, shredded, my waist is still 33" and I cannot afford it to get any bigger. But I need to get these damn arms up, for my size they are a weak part, 18 1/2". I need them more like 20", my chest is 50" and I need about 3-4" on that too. I know GH will help me create some hyperplasia so maybe thats the route I need to go, but keeping the dosage down around 3-4 iu/day max. I've only ran GH twice, once at 4 months, the second time at 6 months. Maybe a solid year at 3-4iu's is the way to go.

CMPD213 is offline Associate Member
    In my opinion, GH won't make your waist line bigger, specially not at the dose you'd run. You see people getting bigger waistlines when they are running 20iu+ with 20iu+ insulin too. Don't worry about that.

I would say a 12 month run of GH at 4iu is a great base, it will definately help keep some extra fat off. Also, if you've used IGF with success you could try running a few IGF cycles to help you along the way as well

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    How prominent is hyperlasia with GH and what dosages are needed to cause the most effective hyperlasia cases while at the same time not going "overboard" in the dosaging area?

Not meaning to hijack the thread, just wondering about that area. Always wondered about GH, but money and paranoia has kept me away. I feel like I will be the guy who injects and gets like a hidden tumor to emerge and start growing.

Thread Information