InknSteel is offline Associate Member

Getting my sleeve finished Wednesday!!

I'm sure noone here gives a flying fvck but i'm excited and these are the only forums I frequent right now lol. Anyway I started this sleeve about 5 years ago (my forearm was the start) and instead of just finishing it I ended up getting about 6 other pieces over the years. I got it almost all outlined 3 weeks ago and i'm going Wednesday for 3 hours to finish the outline and get it all colored in!! Heres a few crappy pics of the outline, and I threw in my other half sleeve cuz I think it's a nice piece. I'll post pics wednesday when I get back for anyone that cares Don't mind my hairiness I had surgery Monday and haven't been up to man-grooming this week

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    waste of money imo.

Maybe for you, I designed just about all of my work so it's like paying to have my artwork permanently displayed on my body. To each his own I guess.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    waste of money imo.

Hey dickhead, didn't your Mummy tell you....if you got nothing nice to say......

Inknsteel,

I like the fish, now you just need some arms....J/K Bro.

lol thanks man i'm working it!

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    I got tattoos also bro....

nice fish!

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Please take out that earring, either go smaller or take it out, looks gay reminds me of what Dennis Rodman wore (no offense to you)

I like the fish design one, more unique, the tribal ehhh thing is EVERYONE has tribal now-a-days kind of like the new mustang so it ruins the value no matter how many different ways you try to make a new one. But if you like it thats all that matters man.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sleeves are badass and I agree the fish looks really good. I kinda echo what Immortal says about the cliche tribal thing, having said that it will still look awesome when its done!

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    good stuff mate!!......ive been researching and saving for my sleeve...cant wait......ive got a few ideas and really want it to be perfect.......

rocheey is offline Junior Member
    I wish I had done it this way .. I started getting them piece meal, and now my sleeve is just to "fill in the blanks" around the work that's already done

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Looking cool man some amount of time goes into them it's mental. Buddy of mine had to get his fixed because some clown made a mess of his first one but now looks class like yours above.

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Bro that fish looks fvkin great

JinNtonic is offline Member
    I love tribal sleeve.

Immortal Soldier - I'm in the process of stretching them and thats the only size 12g they had, I don't like them either but it's only for 2 weeks lol.

Flagg - thanks man!

energizer bunny - I like big multi sitting pieces cuz you can stretch out the payment a little. Depending on my work and how bad I want it done I usually do 2 hours at a time. This one is getting done for free though so I will be sitting 3-4 hours on wednesday until it's finished.

rocheey - I hear ya man, the middle tribal piece on my forearm was a piece of flash I got when I was 18, had to design the whole sleeve around.

Damien_C - thanks man, it's hard finding a good artist now a days. I've spent the last 5 years covering up crap jobs I got when I was in my teens. This tribal is my last cover up (the north carolina logo will be filled in black). Then I can finally move on to bigger things that don't need to be designed/colored to cover up something else.

MaNiCC - Thanks man, I gets compliments all the time bout the Koi. It looks even better in person, almost 3d and the eye looks freakishly real lol

JinNtonic - Thanks man! We are in the minority I think but hey we get what we like not what everyone else likes dammit!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    See if he can work this in

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InknSteel View Post

Damien_C - thanks man, it's hard finding a good artist now a days. I've spent the last 5 years covering up crap jobs I got when I was in my teens. This tribal is my last cover up (the north carolina logo will be filled in black). Then I can finally move on to bigger things that don't need to be designed/colored to cover up something else.
    Ya man it's mad how hard it is to get good artists. The lads I know who are into tattoo's are very wary of trying a new person due to the above you have had.

DSM - I was thinking something more along the lines of this......

Damien_C - I hear ya, now that I found someone that does good work I won't go to anyone else unless it's someone that specializes in something. You can't go by most artists books cuz pretty much all new tatt's look good, it's how they look a year or 2 down the road that you can really tell.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer

-Gear

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InknSteel View Post
    DSM - I was thinking something more along the lines of this......

OMG dude! WTF! I dont care if you are gay or not, why would someone tattoo that on their body??? lol

Gear - That's some really nice sleeve work you got there man!

jbran23 - Oh come on man, whats gay about that tat?

Thread Information