Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Scared the SHIT outta me Sunday!!

I'm watching football Sunday afternoon and Cullen calls and says "Dad, I'm at Michaels and I'll be home at suppertime" I said "Ok buddy...I'll see you then" 5:00pm rolls around and it's almost dark. I get a knock on the door and there is a teenage boy standing there with his dog. He asks "Is Michael here with Cullen?" I said "I thought they were at your place". He said "They went out to play a few hours ago and my dad and I are out looking for them". So he and his dad leave and now I'm freaking out!! I jump in the car and start driving around the subdivision (our subdivision is surrounded by miles and miles of forrest). I am literally terrified and beside myself!! All these scenarios are running through my head...what if they ventured too deep into the woods and lost thier way...or worse, what if they were abducted. Maybe I was over reacting but he has never been late before. On my second trip through the subdivision. I see Cullen. Michael, and Michaels dad and brother walking down the street. Apparently they were at another friends and lost track of the time. I have never been so relieved in my life. So, for those of you with children...make sure you hug them and tell them how special they are, every day. I know I will

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    I know exactly what your saying bro I dont know what would happen if anything ever happend to my young ones. I would die rather to see my kids go through any pain...

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Made the hairs tingle on the back of my neck bro, look after him dude sounds like he's trouble like his dad j/k!

Glad everything was OK.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    luckily i don't have to deal with those problems yet. good to hear everything turned out ok though.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Glad to hear a HAPPY ENDING Brother ...

I would suggest telling your son , that any change in his plans ( discussed with you ) must be confirmed b4 hand .... otherwise great pain and agony will befall him ....hehe

We had a similar thing happen with my daughter .... she (13) and very pretty btw went off with another young girl ( when told not to leave ) from the campsite to walk on the beach ...we got back a few hours later and aske the BIG group of adult ( supposedly in charge of watching the several young people there ... well they stated they went for a walk a couple hours ago .... I had all the rangers looking... we walked the entire beach .. ( it was pitch black outside ) I was armed with a flashlight ... There were beach homes on the beach as well ... a few parties fom these extended onto the beach as well ... MANY IDEAS WERE GOING THRU MY HEAD ...my wife said lets knock on everyones door .... ARRRRGGGG !!! what to do ...

When we got back to camp to regroup and/or see if they came back ...they all said they just got back about 10 minutes ago ... they are now sleeping in their tent ...

Not GOOD enough for me .... ( seeings that they weren't kidnapped , I was mad now ) ... Well lets just end it by saying that won't happen again ..... hehe\

I empathize with you bro

Originally posted by MarkyMark

I would suggest telling your son , that any change in his plans ( discussed with you ) must be confirmed b4 hand .... otherwise great pain and agony will befall him ....hehe
    I did exactly that... but since he's only 9, and I knew it was an honest mistake, I just emphatically conveyed to him how scared daddy was and he promised to never do that again

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Hey bro when your kid says "my dad's bigger than your dad" he ain't kidding .........Mike you haven't got kids have ya?..........shit your kid would be like "My Dad's Bigger than your house..........now beat it!"

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Yeh at 9 .... that was prolly the best thought ...

Sounds like your a pretty good dad brother .... Love is a serious factor lacking in most households .....

Berts pretty lucky too ....

Best of Luck brother !!!

LOL....He actually tries using that line sometimes "Yeah...well my dads arMs are REALLY big!!!"

As far as Mike....yep, not too far off the mark with that comment BA

Super is offline Female Member
    Whew! I'm glad that it all turned out okay! I thought you usually kept him locked in his room, maybe with some crackers or a movie?

Or is that only when you are going out?

ps to Pete- let's chat tomorrow...you can tell me what you want for dinner on Sat.
    Let your soul be your guide on your ship of dreams.

Never, never, never quit.

Beautiful children John!

Originally posted by Super
    Whew! I'm glad that it all turned out okay! I thought you usually kept him locked in his room, maybe with some crackers or a movie?
    Or is that only when you are going out?

ps to Pete- let's chat tomorrow...you can tell me what you want for dinner on Sat.
    I would like to have a look at a menu. You know that I will chose whatever requires the most effort

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator

scary stuff

Been there too pete as most parents probably have. My son took off down road, wife thought he was with me, i thought he was with her, meantime he walking down road alone, freaked out for a few mins. Anyone without kids probably doesn't understand the feeling of fear and panic when you don't know where one of your childern are. Glad all turned out well.

Hmmmm.....EC he never did that before until hanging out with your kids. J/K bro... He had agreat time, a was evidenced by the fact that he didn't want to go home

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    John looks like you have been blessed with two cute kids

His name is Richard Sandrak. He is trained by Frank Giardina (the husband if fitness competitor/model Sherry Goggind Giardina). He also does guest posing appearences.

PammyJ is offline Female Member
    Wow, Pete, glad everything turned out ok. My son has done the disappearing act before as well. Never realize how fast they can move till they're outta there.

John, adorable kids!

Thanks PJ...yeah I don't ever think I've experienced emotions that differ to that extent so close together...terror and absolute relief. What's wrong with kids today...I never did anything wrong when I was a kid ...yeah, right

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i've seen that kid. they call him little hercules. i saw the kid and sherry goggins on howard stern. he's a martial artist too!

Thread Information