Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dan111 is offline Associate Member

I made The AR Lounge a Skydiving video!

I'm new to the boards and figured I'd take a venture into the AR Lounge...so as a peace offering gift I decided to make a video for everyone. I enjoy skydiving on the weekends and this is just a quick video I put together. The footage is from my helmet camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMzBUD7lzGg

Feel free to post comments or questions.

(if you don't like trance then just mute the video, lol)

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Great Video Dan.

I intend to skydive in the future, I take my hat off to anyone who has the balls to do sports/hobbies which are considered on the extreme side

-MaNiCC-

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    very cool, I've always wanted to do that, and some day before I die I intend to. hopefully not immediately before I die lol

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan111 View Post
    I'm new to the boards and figured I'd take a venture into the AR Lounge...so as a peace offering gift I decided to make a video for everyone. I enjoy skydiving on the weekends and this is just a quick video I put together. The footage is from my helmet camera.

Was that jump done up in KCK around Nebraska Furniture Mart and the Kansas Speedway?

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Delts are lacking

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    Delts are lacking
    repost

Quote Originally Posted by MaNiCC View Post
    Great Video Dan.

I intend to skydive in the future, I take my hat off to anyone who has the balls to do sports/hobbies which are considered on the extreme side

-MaNiCC-
    Well I hope you get the opportunity to, there's nothing else like it, and it's a lot safer than what most people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    very cool, I've always wanted to do that, and some day before I die I intend to. hopefully not immediately before I die lol
    haha, it's one of those things that a lot of people have on their "to do" list but most don't have the guts to do it, but I hope that you do!

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Was that jump done up in KCK around Nebraska Furniture Mart and the Kansas Speedway?
    Nope, these are all from Zephyrhills in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    Delts are lacking
    LOL, if you're talking about the guy with his shirt off that was my fiancee's brother, I make fun of him all the time for looking like he's anorexic

As I said in my first post this is from my helmet cam...so you really can't see me...except for my hands and feet maybe
    Last edited by Dan111; 07-11-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: .

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm thinking of going next month. A place in Lodi offers jumps for $100, and then $2 for each additional lb. over 200lbs.

Tandem jumps for $100? Wow, that's a great deal if you can get in on that! And I've never heard of $2 more for each additional pound of 200lbs, LOL. Where I jump it's just that you can't go if you're over 230lb.

you can search skydiving and Lodi, Ca to see what I'm talking about. You just show up, no reservations, and they are taking guys up all day long, every day. They are evidently pretty busy.

Tandem jumps for $100? Wow, that's a great deal if you can get in on that! And I've never heard of $2 more for each additional pound of 200lbs, LOL. Where I jump it's just that you can't go if you're over 230lb.
    I wouldnt' be able to jump where you go then! =(

BG
    BG is online now The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Crap, thought you were going to hold an AR banner while jumping, lame, you didnt make it for us, just want us to think that.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

Well there you go..... this is why I havn't gone yet..... i'm 240lbs. It has nothing to do with the fact that I see no reason to jump out of a perfectly working plane..... or the fact that my legs work on the ground but my arms wont keep me up in the air.....

You want to try an extreme sport? Try 800mg's/wk of tren and trying to get off durring sex before you're out of breath......

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Great and well done vid,, Dan... How about topless women skydiving next time....lol

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    You want to try an extreme sport? Try 800mg's/wk of tren and trying to get off durring sex before you're out of breath......
    lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I wouldnt' be able to jump where you go then! =(
    yeah, I think a lot of people on these forums would need to go on a cutting diet before jumping tandem, lol, but you can always go solo if you want, not really a weight limit there

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Crap, thought you were going to hold an AR banner while jumping, lame, you didnt make it for us, just want us to think that.
    sorry to disappoint, when I get around to starting my first AAS cycle maybe I'll pin myself while in freefall or something, lol

~Haz~
    sounds scarier than skydiving!

Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    Great and well done vid,, Dan... How about topless women skydiving next time....lol
    thanks! I have seen topless women skydiving and in the wind tunnel...unfortunately the wind smashes their boobs into their body so they end up looking like pubescent boys...which I guess some people might like that... I'll just get pics of hot girls wearing skydiving gear on the ground, I think that's better

^^^^ Lmao, yeah seen it too, one had them banging near her ear,, she was so sorry she did it....

No worries mate, i was just joking,, you ever tried that low level skid landing on water i've seen guys doing??

JinNtonic is offline Member
    I did it for my birthday... It was great. But pretty expensive about 350 per jump... I wanted to go more but not at that price.

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Damn man, I don't think I have the balls to go skydiving. I have hang gliding on my to do list, and even bull riding (there are schools where they teach you for 3 days and i guess you do at least 1 ride on a bull at the end of the school. I'm not afraid to do that but I don't have the balls to skydive.

Very cool. Very ballsy.

No worries mate, i was just joking,, you ever tried that low level skid landing on water i've seen guys doing??
    It's called "swooping", and no, I haven't gone that route yet. I'm more of a conservative skydiver. There's hundreds of different sizes and types of canopies (parachutes) and the ones that are used for swooping are very small and very fast. They can actually reach forward speeds of 70+ mph! It's a very unforgiving discipline within skydiving, because the slightest mistake and you can shatter bones and also die. So I stick to normal landings for now, lol, but it is very impressive to see skydivers swoop, especially in person.

Quote Originally Posted by JinNtonic View Post
    I did it for my birthday... It was great. But pretty expensive about 350 per jump... I wanted to go more but not at that price.
    Yeah, that's the typical price for a tandem jump with a video. If you were to actually get licensed and jump by yourself like I do it's around $20-$25 per jump depending on where you go. But I also have my own gear which wasn't exactly cheap...so it is a pretty expensive sport/hobby to get into

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    for our new member...

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    mad fun

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    If it costs a few hundred for us folks to do it, how much does it cost for you to do each jump? Like in general for an experienced solo diver?

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    SKYDIVE THE RANCH!!!! Gardiner NY.

nice vid bro. havent jumped in a year or so but am trying to get back up.

Moto

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Rose View Post
    If it costs a few hundred for us folks to do it, how much does it cost for you to do each jump? Like in general for an experienced solo diver?
    Typically for someone who just wants to do a tandem it's around $200. For a licensed jumper like myself it's around $20-$25 (you're basically just paying for the fuel to get you up there). But I also jump my own gear, which was a good chunk of change. If you don't own gear than you can rent it, but it's also usually around $25 per jump just to rent the gear, so in the long run it's way better to have your own stuff. Most places have good deals and they can get you licensed for around $2,000 (that includes your instruction class, instruction jumps, coach jumps, gear rental, and everything else, which in the end turns out to be about 25 skydives to get your license).

Quote Originally Posted by MotoLifter View Post
    SKYDIVE THE RANCH!!!! Gardiner NY.

nice vid bro. havent jumped in a year or so but am trying to get back up.

Moto
    Awesome dude! I jump down in Zephyrhills at Skydive City, so a lot of guys from The Ranch come down during the winter to jump. Shoot me a PM and let me know how many jumps you got and give me a good reason why you haven't jumped in a year, lol

Well mate, i think you gave a great first post,,,, hope your feeling welcome...

P.S i used to jump with the military,,, got in around 70 then had an issue that i didn't know about come up with my back,,,,, kind of stopped that side of things

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Next time can you film a quad injection while skydiving? now that would be impressive

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi

You made me cry lol, thanks for posting.

Since my last baby was born I never jumped anymore!!!

And since what happened lastly to Taricone, I think I will never do it again

One of the best experience of my life.

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post

Idunno how you guys doit man..... I almost shit a brick parasailing.....

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Well mate, i think you gave a great first post,,,, hope your feeling welcome...

P.S i used to jump with the military,,, got in around 70 then had an issue that i didn't know about come up with my back,,,,, kind of stopped that side of things
    Well at least you got to experience it for those 70 times! Sorry about your back though

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Next time can you film a quad injection while skydiving? now that would be impressive
    You know...thinking about it, I actually probably could do this, lol. If I opened my parachute as soon as I jumped out (around 13,000 feet) I would be up in the air for roughly 15 minutes before landing...that's plenty of time to get in an injection, hmmmm....I'm sure I would certainly be the first person ever to attempt this, so I'll get back to you when I have the plan all figured out

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    You made me cry lol, thanks for posting.

Since my last baby was born I never jumped anymore!!!

And since what happened lastly to Taricone, I think I will never do it again

One of the best experience of my life.
    A lot of people stop jumping after having kids, which is totally understandable and respectable, you got to get your priorities right!

What did you mean by "what happened lastly to Taricone"? I'm not familiar
    Last edited by Dan111; 07-12-2010 at 08:32 AM. Reason: grammar

Idunno how you guys doit man..... I almost shit a brick parasailing.....

~Haz~
    LOL, well for the most part you are in control of skydiving. Yes there are rare instances where something goes wrong with your gear and you have a malfunction or someone else might fly their parachute straight into yours or something other freak accident. But for the majority of times you're in control. So you have to have a lot of self confidence, responsibility and know that you know what you're doing.

You can even make a parallel comparison between using AAS and skydiving. If you don't know what you're doing and reckless with it, you can injure yourself and possibly kill yourself. If you've spent countless hours reading about it, studying it, reading what people have done wrong, what they've done right, pick the right gear (whether it's AAS gear or skydiving gear), and go about it safely...both AAS use and skydiving can be safe and very rewarding.

LOL, well for the most part you are in control of skydiving. Yes there are rare instances where something goes wrong with your gear and you have a malfunction or someone else might fly their parachute straight into yours or something other freak accident. But for the majority of times you're in control. So you have to have a lot of self confidence, responsibility and know that you know what you're doing.

You can even make a parallel comparison between using AAS and skydiving. If you don't know what you're doing and reckless with it, you can injure yourself and possibly kill yourself. If you've spent countless hours reading about it, studying it, reading what people have done wrong, what they've done right, pick the right gear (whether it's AAS gear or skydiving gear), and go about it safely...both AAS use and skydiving can be safe and very rewarding.
    Dammit..... thats a good point. I get it.... and understand it..... just will never doit LMFAO! More power to you guys tho..... wish I could.

BTW.... if you get that quad injection filmed..... idunno..... i'm going to have to request you instantly make mod status LMFAO..... thats badass.....

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

BJJ
    Well at least you got to experience it for those 70 times! Sorry about your back though

You know...thinking about it, I actually probably could do this, lol. If I opened my parachute as soon as I jumped out (around 13,000 feet) I would be up in the air for roughly 15 minutes before landing...that's plenty of time to get in an injection, hmmmm....I'm sure I would certainly be the first person ever to attempt this, so I'll get back to you when I have the plan all figured out

A lot of people stop jumping after having kids, which is totally understandable and respectable, you got to get your priorities right!

What did you mean by "what happened lastly to Taricone"? I'm not familiar
    He had a daughter of 6 years old and a few days ago he had an accident under the eyes of his daughter who was at the airport with him.

Apparently, on his last turn he made a mistake and precipitated to the ground. I don't think the wind has nothing to do with that because in that case he would have been very very very unlucky.
    After 9 hours under an operation he died at 35 yo!

So, I was driving to my daughter when I heard the news and just a few days back I was advised to go again jumping...

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...chute-incident

Dammit..... thats a good point. I get it.... and understand it..... just will never doit LMFAO! More power to you guys tho..... wish I could.

BTW.... if you get that quad injection filmed..... idunno..... i'm going to have to request you instantly make mod status LMFAO..... thats badass.....

~Haz~
    LOL, I'll keep you posted and let you know

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    He had a daughter of 6 years old and a few days ago he had an accident under the eyes of his daughter who was at the airport with him.

Apparently, on his last turn he made a mistake and precipitated to the ground. I don't think the wind has nothing to do with that because in that case he would have been very very very unlucky.
    After 9 hours under an operation he died at 35 yo!

So, I was driving to my daughter when I heard the news and just a few days back I was advised to go again jumping...

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...chute-incident
    oh yeah, I heard about that, very sad, especially upsetting if the daughter witnessed it

well I hope that you do eventually jump again, but just be safe and be prepared for anything, just about all skydiving fatalities and injuries could have been prevented easily, so just have a good frame of mind and be conscious of your surroundings and skydive conservatively and defensively (kind of like driving, lol), it's when recklessness and absentmindedness arise that accidents occur, and this goes for just about anything whether it's driving, weightlifting or skydiving

But when something uncontrollable happens (like a gust of wind that collapses your parachute), you just have to decide if losing your life over skydiving and having your family carry on without you is worth it or not, so if that's your decision, that's a very wise one! But I do hope you get to jump again in the future!

BJJ
    ^^^

I'll see, in the mean while thanks for your nice words.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Cool video. I went skydiving once and loved it ! I want to go again but the problem is finding people who want to jump.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Cool video. I went skydiving once and loved it ! I want to go again but the problem is finding people who want to jump.
    yeah, I can't count how many friends have come up to me saying "hey, me and my friends want want to go skydiving" and then they all flake out on it, even after I tell them I can save them some money, lol...best thing to do is find someone who wants to go and before they change their mind just drag their ass to the dropzone and make them do it!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Dan111, that was amazing you have balls of steel.

I would love to do that

JScondition is offline Member
    Sick video!

Ever try or jump with someone with one of those winged suits? Those look fun as hell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information