Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries

My Gyno Story (With a Twist)

My name is Igifuno and I have gyno…. Although it’s a mild case and only developed over the past year, it bothers me and I’ve been on a mission to get rid of it.

I’ve never talked about it on the boards, I'll explain why..… so here’s the story..

So a few months after a cycle in 2003, I developed a lump in the right side and ultimately had it removed in 2004. Everything was good.. (I’m sure I’ve referenced that surgery in prior posts, just nothing about the current).

My last cycle was over 2 years ago, did PCT, and all through 2009, I believe due to poor diet and inconsistent training (work travel, etc.), I developed a couple lumps on each side.. its pretty mild and, although you can see it when I flex, its not an extreme case by any means. As you fellow bodybuilders can relate, however, any amount of gyno can be extremely frustrating.

I got back into my current lifestyle around February of this year.. got my diet back in check, consistently in the gym, and transformed within weeks by losing about 30 lbs of fat and then worked hard over the next couple months and gained a good 10lbs of solid mass back. I feel great now and am in fantastic shape.. 5’6 185lbs (as of this morning) and 12% bf. Only thing is, I have these sharp lumps in my breast.. friggin gyno..

So back in November of 09 (before I even got back into the swing of things) I went to get this checked out. Doc pretty much said, “lose weight”.. so I did.. to no avail. Went back to her and said.. yup, didn’t work so she sent me to get a sonogram to make sure it wasn’t cancer (which I knew it wasn’t). Sonogram lady said.. not cancer don’t worry just live with it..

Then I looked up my old surgeon from 04, who checked me out.. said he didn’t want to rush into surgery and sent me to get blood work as well as to an endocrinologist. Saw the endo, who send me for an MRI (Here’s the twist)

The blood work was good, however the MRI shows that I have a nodule in my pituitary (located in the brain) about 3-4mm in size, and they don’t contribute this “nodule” to my gyno because my blood levels are normal and (estro/test, etc. levels are fine). Anyway, its pretty much a tumor and they’re not sure if it’s a bad thing at this point, but are concerned. So, I have to get MRIs quarterly for at least the next year to see if it gets any larger. If it does, they’ll have to remove it through my nose…. Which I’m not too excited about. So cross your fingers for me.. I hope its nothing.. so this was not exactly the news I was seeking out during this whole thing.. I’m just trying to get rid of some gyno here.. now you’re telling me I have a brain tumor? WTF, right?

So after my MRI and blood work, my endo concludes that, based on the fact that she cannot figure out why the lumps and masses have developed, and due to the pain associated with them, she recommends surgery. Then, I go back to my surgeon with the recommendation, he recommends me to a plastic surgeon because the surgery is more complex this time (more masses then just the one lump in 04). So I go see the surgeon and he submits the surgery details to my insurance company.. THEY APPROVE IT!!.... I’m a bit superstitious so that’s the reason I never said anything during this process (didn’t want to jinx myself)..

Went for my pre-op appt today.. surgery is on Thursday.. now, the only thing I need to worry about is that damn brain tumor.. lol..
    Last edited by Igifuno; 07-19-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    Good luck with everything buddy. Its sounds generic, but alot of people have tumors, lumps, etc and never even know it. Alot of people also find out about these tumors, and find out they are harmless. Very rarely is it anything to be concerned about. And worst case scenerio, it sounds like they know exactly how to take care of it.

Still, I am hoping for the best for you. Hope all goes well, and let us know!

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Damn Igi, I really don't know you but I feel for you all the same. Nobody deserves that sh*t. I will be thinking about you as I'm sure most people here will that know and respect you. I wish you well.
    Shol'va

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    wow man thats a weird journey lol, a brain tumor?? wtf lol. good luck hope everything goes well

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys..

Yeah, that's what the endo said as well Sky.. it could be nothing as a lot of people live with these "tumors" their whole life and it never does anything.. sucky thing is though down the road when I'm 50 or 60, it could decide that it wants to start growing.. I'll just have to get MRIs every year for the rest of my life..haha..

Thanks Shol'v thx SB..

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Good luck man

Hey about the brain thing. I had two people in my personal life have to have surgery to remove growths from their brain. One was my girlfriend's little brother and the other was a teacher. They both came out of it 100% ok. It is way way more common than people think.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    Good luck man

Hey about the brain thing. I had two people in my personal life have to have surgery to remove growths from their brain. One was my girlfriend's little brother and the other was a teacher. They both came out of it 100% ok. It is way way more common than people think.
    That's good to know and thanks for sharing.. the endo did say that, if it were to come to that, there are surgeons who have done thousands of them sucessfully and the unsucess rate was extremely low... either way, it doesn't sound like fun.. lol..

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Sorry to hear about the news.... I know its not bad, but its not good either.... You mentally tell that stupid tumor that you ain't taken no shit and it better just fuk right off... Stay strong mentally and nothing in your body can beat you! Oh and tell that surgeon to get his/her shit handled and not fuk anything up while getting the gyno out, because we want the normal Igi and we don't want Igi to suffer any sort of pain....

You tell em' if shit doesn't work out, they're gonna have to deal with Skinny White Bert and they don't want that shit comin down on them.... You know what... fuk it, tell the tumor that shit too.... I am comin for that mother fuker if it doesn't smarten the fuk up!

Let em' know Igi!

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    through the nose...nice.

I remember sitting in the doctors office with some nerve damage in my face I had picked up in a fight. The Doc is telling me how they will need to cut along my hair line and peel my face back to fix the nerves.

I still have the nerve damage....

You however can't run away from the news like I did.

Best of luck to you!
    Last edited by terraj; 07-20-2010 at 01:21 AM.

cobra305 is offline Member
    Best of luck with the gyno sx I must say I am surprised your insurance is going to pay for it.

As far as the brain tumor, I work in the medical field and these things are much more common than people think. I wish you the best and hope everything works itself out.

Good luck

benny_jerry is offline Junior Member
    I don't post much much on here really but had to say I wish you all the best my friend. Good luck and hope all goes well.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck Igi,,, sure all will be well, will be thinking of you on Thursday (well actually i will probally be asleep here when you go in there) so will be thinking of you in the morning,,,, as i said I'm sure it will be all ok mate

Shinalynn is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Thanks guys..

sucky thing is though down the road when I'm 50 or 60, it could decide that it wants to start growing..
    aww Igi Sorry you have to deal with this. I dont have any words of advise except, you might want to get it taken care of now, bc you never know what kind of health you are going to be in when you are 50 or 60. At least now you are at your peak and have the ability to bouce back quickly. I will send one up for you on Thurs

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    best of luck to you man! You've already heard how routine some of those procedures are so I wont go into that..... you'll be in good hands.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    Sorry to hear that Igi but i suppose its better you know about it now rather than not know,I wish you all the best Igi keep us posted bro.

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Igi, on the brightside of the situation at least they know its there and can monitor it rather than not knowing until it starts causing some real problems for you. Might be a blessing in disguise with the gyno. If the doctors arent worried yet then you shouldnt stress either. From everyones posts it sounds relatively common but I will be praying everything works out for you.

And congrats on getting the gyno surgery covered by your insurance you lucky bastard!!

vanduhl is offline Senior Member
    IGI!!!...I wish the best for you man. Your my boy....everything will go well...and post-op you can slam a Vanduzzifuno or two!!

Good Luck bro!!!

JScondition is offline Member
    Good luck man! Hope all goes well!

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good luck Igi

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Good luck and stay strong. As far as the tumor surgery goes just remember you'll be knocked out and won't feel a thing. Most people when they have to have surgery get freaked out because of what has to be done like it's going to happen with no anestesia then when it's over there like "that wasn't bad." Just don't watch the movie "awake".

Oh and stay away from GH with that thing in there lol.

vanduhl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Good luck and stay strong. As far as the tumor surgery goes just remember you'll be knocked out and won't feel a thing. Most people when they have to have surgery get freaked out because of what has to be done like it's going to happen with no anestesia then when it's over there like "that wasn't bad." Just don't watch the movie "awake".

Oh and stay away from GH with that thing in there lol.
    freaked me the fvck out^^

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to hear that Igi, as you said surgeons are great with that sort of thing now days, always try and look on the bright side atleast you found out before anything got out of hand mate

Good luck!

graeme87 is offline Member
    Good luck mate!

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much everyone for the words of encouragement.. you have no idea how much it means to me. I spent all day today on a plane, driving a rental all over Florida, touring assets, entertaining an asset manager and just got back to my hotel.. logged on and saw all of your input.. you all made my night..

Love you guys... and girls (Shinalynn).

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it

Blog Entries
    ^^^ very true..

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Good one you mate,,, we will be thinking of you when the time comes.....

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Best of luck to you igi, you seem like a good person and good things happen to good people. As far as the gyno surgery, thats awesome your insurance is covering it. I wonder if you can pick your surgen. I had the sugery 4 years ago and had a very good surgen do a very good job. gl bro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGenetics View Post
    Best of luck to you igi, you seem like a good person and good things happen to good people. As far as the gyno surgery, thats awesome your insurance is covering it. I wonder if you can pick your surgen. I had the sugery 4 years ago and had a very good surgen do a very good job. gl bro
    Hey thanks AG.. Yup, I selected the plastic surgen.... I'm off to the hospital in a few minutes.. wish me luck.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Quote Originally Posted by sigman roid View Post
    Sorry to hear that Igi but i suppose its better you know about it now rather than not know,I wish you all the best Igi keep us posted bro.
    x2!!!!!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Star nippy!!!

Blog Entries
    Man it was a loong day.. arrived at 6am, went in at 8:30a and started waking up close to noon. I just got home about an hour ago.. they kept me there all day and considered making me stay overnight becuase my oxygen levels kept falling below 90 without the oxygen mask. Have to keep wrapped up for 48 hours so I won't be able to take a peek until then.. I was pretty loopy all day from diliden and perks.. pain is coming on hard now so time to med up now..

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Med up brother... Glad to hear it went well and they didn't keep you over night.

Blog Entries
    Hey Bert thank brutha.. getting spacey right now.. have a good night dude.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    My name is Igifuno and I have gyno…. Although it’s a mild case and only developed over the past year, it bothers me and I’ve been on a mission to get rid of it.

I’ve never talked about it on the boards, I'll explain why..… so here’s the story..

So a few months after a cycle in 2003, I developed a lump in the right side and ultimately had it removed in 2004. Everything was good.. (I’m sure I’ve referenced that surgery in prior posts, just nothing about the current).

My last cycle was over 2 years ago, did PCT, and all through 2009, I believe due to poor diet and inconsistent training (work travel, etc.), I developed a couple lumps on each side.. its pretty mild and, although you can see it when I flex, its not an extreme case by any means. As you fellow bodybuilders can relate, however, any amount of gyno can be extremely frustrating.

I got back into my current lifestyle around February of this year.. got my diet back in check, consistently in the gym, and transformed within weeks by losing about 30 lbs of fat and then worked hard over the next couple months and gained a good 10lbs of solid mass back. I feel great now and am in fantastic shape.. 5’6 185lbs (as of this morning) and 12% bf. Only thing is, I have these sharp lumps in my breast.. friggin gyno..

So back in November of 09 (before I even got back into the swing of things) I went to get this checked out. Doc pretty much said, “lose weight”.. so I did.. to no avail. Went back to her and said.. yup, didn’t work so she sent me to get a sonogram to make sure it wasn’t cancer (which I knew it wasn’t). Sonogram lady said.. not cancer don’t worry just live with it..

Then I looked up my old surgeon from 04, who checked me out.. said he didn’t want to rush into surgery and sent me to get blood work as well as to an endocrinologist. Saw the endo, who send me for an MRI (Here’s the twist)

The blood work was good, however the MRI shows that I have a nodule in my pituitary (located in the brain) about 3-4mm in size, and they don’t contribute this “nodule” to my gyno because my blood levels are normal and (estro/test, etc. levels are fine). Anyway, its pretty much a tumor and they’re not sure if it’s a bad thing at this point, but are concerned. So, I have to get MRIs quarterly for at least the next year to see if it gets any larger. If it does, they’ll have to remove it through my nose…. Which I’m not too excited about. So cross your fingers for me.. I hope its nothing.. so this was not exactly the news I was seeking out during this whole thing.. I’m just trying to get rid of some gyno here.. now you’re telling me I have a brain tumor? WTF, right?

So after my MRI and blood work, my endo concludes that, based on the fact that she cannot figure out why the lumps and masses have developed, and due to the pain associated with them, she recommends surgery. Then, I go back to my surgeon with the recommendation, he recommends me to a plastic surgeon because the surgery is more complex this time (more masses then just the one lump in 04). So I go see the surgeon and he submits the surgery details to my insurance company.. THEY APPROVE IT!!.... I’m a bit superstitious so that’s the reason I never said anything during this process (didn’t want to jinx myself)..

Went for my pre-op appt today.. surgery is on Thursday.. now, the only thing I need to worry about is that damn brain tumor.. lol..

Arent we all twisted in Brain and you are living prove of that

All jokes aside hopefully the noodle will disappear like a cake in front of a fatty ( i have seen this more then once actually) and you will recover to be a twisted minded like all of us......Good luck Bro.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Good to hear everything went fine bro. This is weird to read this because I have painful gyno and have my surgery in one week (also covered by insurance). Doc told me to go get an mri but i figured if it was a real problem I would be dead by now as I have had problems since I was like 14 and I am 22 now. Maybe I should just go get the mri. Anyway if they said that I have a small tumor in my brain I would say take it out. I don't wanna deal with it anymore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    Arent we all twisted in Brain and you are living prove of that

All jokes aside hopefully the noodle will disappear like a cake in front of a fatty ( i have seen this more then once actually) and you will recover to be a twisted minded like all of us......Good luck Bro.
    Thx cal for checking up on me yesterday as well... appreciate it..

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Good to hear everything went fine bro. This is weird to read this because I have painful gyno and have my surgery in one week (also covered by insurance). Doc told me to go get an mri but i figured if it was a real problem I would be dead by now as I have had problems since I was like 14 and I am 22 now. Maybe I should just go get the mri. Anyway if they said that I have a small tumor in my brain I would say take it out. I don't wanna deal with it anymore.
    Congrats on getting it covered bro.. it aint easy. I'm surprised they're covering it w/o first getting an mri.. it never hurts to get one just to make sure everything is working up there.. good luck w/ your surgury next week. Let us know how it goes.

I drove to work yesterday and am about to go on travel for this week and then all of next week. So give it a good three days before you do anything sigificant like drive.. I haven't taken a pain med since Sunday morning (surgury was Thursday). GL

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi

Thumbs up

I understand your frustration but try to think differently.
    Without gyno issues you probably would never have know about your tumor (which does not necessarily mean to be a neoplasia anyway), but when it was already too late!

So, be positive I am sure you will be fine.
    I cross my fingers for you and your family.

GOOD LUCK

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Thx cal for checking up on me yesterday as well... appreciate it..

Congrats on getting it covered bro.. it aint easy. I'm surprised they're covering it w/o first getting an mri.. it never hurts to get one just to make sure everything is working up there.. good luck w/ your surgury next week. Let us know how it goes.

I drove to work yesterday and am about to go on travel for this week and then all of next week. So give it a good three days before you do anything sigificant like drive.. I haven't taken a pain med since Sunday morning (surgury was Thursday). GL

If we dont look out for each other who will?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information