Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries

thats it, done with squats!!!!!!

fookin hell, i used to be able for 6 reps out of 220kgs, i didnt heavy squat for a good 6mths due to knee probs. gradually have been building them back up, i went up to 160kg today and thought my lungs were going to explode after 6 reps, so frustrating, i dont seem to have the piff for 'em anymore. looks like squats are out for me.......

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    bro, I stopped doing squats when I stopped doing bench press... I know they are considered fundamentals of bodybuilding, but I dont like the pressure they put on the body. I do squats with 1 plate but really slow reps and burry each rep to my calves... I make up for the lack of weight squating by using a fully loaded leg press.

graeme87 is offline Member
    Try working on your cardio. Also as knockout said you can use less weight for a full range of motion and slower reps.

Blog Entries
    yeah, ive been doin em for 17 odd years, i was a plifter and always went low with em. it seems to be my lungs, my legs can take it but i literally feel like im going to drop with a heart attack these days when squatting above 130kgs, cant breathe and gettin real dizzy! maybe age related also

think i'll go light for reps and throw in lunges etc

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme87 View Post
    Try working on your cardio. Also as knockout said you can use less weight for a full range of motion and slower reps.
    this really isnt a problem, i have always went well below paralell and held good form

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    bro, I stopped doing squats when I stopped doing bench press... I know they are considered fundamentals of bodybuilding, but I dont like the pressure they put on the body. I do squats with 1 plate but really slow reps and burry each rep to my calves... I make up for the lack of weight squating by using a fully loaded leg press.
    tht also is becoming pretty useless to me, just dont 'feel' it the same anymore

stupid question, but lets cover the basics cause Ive been noticing a lot of small mistakes while Ive been training some people... are you focusing on your breathing or counting your reps? This is usually more of a problem for the younger people I train... they start holding their breathes when they lift heavy and burn out so fast.

Keep an eye on this next time.

Blog Entries
    on the flip side, im still pullin 260kg max deadlifts with no trouble!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    there are other exercises you can do that are very similar to squats and doesn't put the pressure on the shoulders or spine. I do them all the time, just focuses on leg. I went this route due to bad back and knees years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    tht also is becoming pretty useless to me, just dont 'feel' it the same anymore
    yah, benchpress is good for a solid base, but too many people focus on it for bragging rights... yah, you can press 405 but your pecs look like half bowling balls with no clear upper line or lower crease... I like the squared off chest look.

Blog Entries
    stupid question, but lets cover the basics cause Ive been noticing a lot of small mistakes while Ive been training some people... are you focusing on your breathing or counting your reps? This is usually more of a problem for the younger people I train... they start holding their breathes when they lift heavy and burn out so fast.

Keep an eye on this next time.
    yeah mate, not to sound cocky, i know it all inside out, competed for years and im a PT also. its my respiratory system thats giving out

yeah mate, not to sound cocky, i know it all inside out, competed for years and im a PT also. its my respiratory system thats giving out
    shitty, any guess why? You pounding down the tren ?

Blog Entries
    shitty, any guess why? You pounding down the tren?
    off tren around three weeks now, although ive noticed squatting really draining me over the past year or so, funny thing is, i go heavy in dlift and although i feel it, it doesnt murder me like squats do. in the past i'd of felt the same sort of exertion on both lifts. sod it, i must be gettin old, ah well i had a much needed lol

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    it all takes time!

im pretty sure you didn't get to that weight the first time over night...why would you expect that now, esp after 6 months off?

get some knee wraps, and kill it!

off tren around three weeks now, although ive noticed squatting really draining me over the past year or so, funny thing is, i go heavy in dlift and although i feel it, it doesnt murder me like squats do. in the past i'd of felt the same sort of exertion on both lifts. sod it, i must be gettin old, ah well i had a much needed lol
    that is odd that one exersise drains you but deads doesnt... my hang up with thes eheavy lifts is that they are followed by instant erections for some reason... I have to lift alone on these days. On or off cycle.

Blog Entries
    that is odd that one exersise drains you but deads doesnt... my hang up with thes eheavy lifts is that they are followed by instant erections for some reason... I have to lift alone on these days. On or off cycle.
    l

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    it all takes time!

im pretty sure you didn't get to that weight the first time over night...why would you expect that now, esp after 6 months off?

get some knee wraps, and kill it!
    knee wraps wont help, only cheating the weight. im comparing it through exp, ive had lengthy lay offs before and i wasnt feeling like this coming back, its annoying

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    tren can kill cardio endurance/uptake....if you did run tren - give your body time to recondition

Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    tren can kill cardio endurance/uptake....if you did run tren - give your body time to recondition
    yah, I find that the tren is really effecting my higher rep sets... when I do deads with 405lbs, I can hardly get a set of 10 done without being winded.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I recently read where triple h used to pre exhaust his chest with a lot of pec deck and flys, then do bench with a lower weight than he would starting to compensate for a tricep injury. This really took the pressure off his tricep.

Since you are saying its respiratory I don't know if this would help, but maybe try pre exhausting the legs with your routine and saving the squat for last with a significantly lower weight and see what it does for you.
    Last edited by cherrydrpepper; 07-21-2010 at 01:31 PM.

goodlifting is offline Associate Member
    on the flip side, im still pullin 260kg max deadlifts with no trouble!
    how much do you weigh dude?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlifting View Post
    how much do you weigh dude?
    currently 95kgs or 209lbs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    I recently read where triple h used to pre exhaust his chest with a lot of pec deck and flys, then do bench with a lower weight than he would starting to compensate for a tricep injury. This really took the pressure off his tricep.

Since you are saying its respiratory I don't know if this would help, but maybe try pre exhausting the legs with your routine and saving the squat for last with a significantly lower weight and see what it does for you.
    yea, ive been pre exhausting for past few weeks, i'll just stick to lighter high rep squats i think, dont compete anymore so happy enuf just to keep legs up to par

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

Blog Entries
    hmmm, wheres tht squat rack?!

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    given up squats ay dec?

you use to be cool, but youve changed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    given up squats ay dec?

you use to be cool, but youve changed.
    ive consigned my squatting career to the cupboard matey, i bow out on a pb of 260kgs. ah well, bring on that 300kg deadlift!! summit to aim for

i think its all age related, bring on the nursing home! lol

Stevey, that avi is priceless!!! tried finding that pic to send to a freind. he doesnt believe in test cause it makes him bloated... we know one thing that wont be swelling up for im

vanduhl is offline Senior Member
    Stevey, that avi is priceless!!! tried finding that pic to send to a freind. he doesnt believe in test cause it makes him bloated... we know one thing that wont be swelling up for im
    has he tried prop? i thought prop is always with cutting cycles bcause it doesnt bloat u

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    i think its all age related, bring on the nursing home! lol
    lol, nnuuurrrsssseessss!!

thanks bro, i just added the writing on the pic myself.

lol, nnuuurrrsssseessss!!
    i know dec wants to go to a nursing home now after this ...

Quote Originally Posted by vanduhl View Post
    has he tried prop? i thought prop is always with cutting cycles bcause it doesnt bloat u
    I am done with talking to people about this shit... I should say he is not a friend per say, just someone I joke around with at the gym. I let people do what they want now, I will try to help them understand if I think they are making a mistake but when I get the "well, Im X lbs heavier than your ass" I just give up cause Im not the guy running 3g worth of gear a week. Im still only on 600.wk test on my 4th cycle

ive consigned my squatting career to the cupboard matey, i bow out on a pb of 260kgs. ah well, bring on that 300kg deadlift!! summit to aim for
    yah, fcuk squats and go with monster deads... feel great!!!

I am done with talking to people about this shit... I should say he is not a friend per say, just someone I joke around with at the gym. I let people do what they want now, I will try to help them understand if I think they are making a mistake but when I get the "well, Im X lbs heavier than your ass" I just give up cause Im not the guy running 3g worth of gear a week. Im still only on 600.wk test on my 4th cycle
    yeah...ive been tryin to see how much mg i wanna run a week of prop for my next cycle....i closed out my last cycle (which was my first) with prop..and i exploded fr the last 3 wks...had to do it cause my guy ran outta enth....i was @ 500mg test e...then 400 test prop for th last 3 wks due to finances....should i go 600mg or 700 pr week with the prop? which test do you like the best?

Blog Entries
    yah, fcuk squats and go with monster deads... feel great!!!
    love deads, i should be able to bump it up nicely considering the leg power i'll be saving on each week. we have dlift only comps over here, might train for one to give a goal.

yeah...ive been tryin to see how much mg i wanna run a week of prop for my next cycle....i closed out my last cycle (which was my first) with prop..and i exploded fr the last 3 wks...had to do it cause my guy ran outta enth....i was @ 500mg test e...then 400 test prop for th last 3 wks due to finances....should i go 600mg or 700 pr week with the prop? which test do you like the best?
    honestly, I didnt mind the prop but this new sust blend Im on is simply awesome... Test Prop, PP and cyp blend... loving it and its working wonders @ 600/wk and Im not bloated at all.

600/wk of good prop should get you awesome results, its over 20% more test than you've run before. I dont believe in the thought that you need to go 150% of your last dose to see gains (ie. 500 then 750+, the 1g +)...

Blog Entries
    i enjoyed prop but i also respond very well on sust

honestly, I didnt mind the prop but this new sust blend Im on is simply awesome... Test Prop, PP and cyp blend... loving it and its working wonders @ 600/wk and Im not bloated at all.

600/wk of good prop should get you awesome results, its over 20% more test than you've run before. I dont believe in the thought that you need to go 150% of your last dose to see gains (ie. 500 then 750+, the 1g +)...
    yeah..ive been givin some serious thought to sust....couple dudes at my gym that i talk with that juice told me that sust is the best thing thats ever happened to them..does sust usually come 100mg/ml or 200 or...??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information