lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

One thing in life you could change

Question,

What is the One thing in your life you would change if you could.

Many may say marriage/divorce
    Job
    child
    girlfriend
    money/investment
    etc.

If I could change one thing in my past it would be the day I decided to carry 240 lbs of 4x12' 5/8 sheetrock at work through a muddy driveway when it was raining and windy.

Wind caught the sheets, twisted and the lower back went SNAP... 23 years old and never been the same since
    No pity party but it would be nice to know/remember what it's like to not have back pain.

Im sure there are a lot out there who would like to change something.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 08-03-2010 at 03:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    aside from the obvious like magical powers and such, it's hard to narrow it down. I do wish I had taken things more seriously in school.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    This is kind of a tough question. I believe that everything that HAS happended in my past has lead me to where I am now, Married, 4 kids and happy. If I changed just one thing in my past, it may of changed my entire future and I may not have what I have now.

I guess if I could change one thing, I would change my job right now so that I could spend more time with my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by G4R View Post
    This is kind of a tough question. I believe that everything that HAS happended in my past has lead me to where I am now, Married, 4 kids and happy. If I changed just one thing in my past, it may of changed my entire future and I may not have what I have now.

I guess if I could change one thing, I would change my job right now so that I could spend more time with my kids.
    I hear you, I know what you mean that's why I did not choose like not getting married to the first wife, it would mean no daughter.

It's never to late to spend time with the kids though. Im glad I though of that when my daughter was little (although she does not appreciate it YET) and I am doing the same with the new little one.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    been a little smarter with my cash when younger. I was young and made more money then i do now. And i partied like a rock star

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    World population,,,, there's just too many people

Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    World population,,,, there's just too many people
    It's funny you should say that. Even as a kid I remember thinking we needed another good big world war or plague that only effected men (me exuded of course) so it would leave like 20+ women for ever man so we/I had more choices and less work.

Yeah I was a sick demented kid. I'm older now.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    It's funny you should say that. Even as a kid I remember thinking we needed another good big world war or plague that only effected men (me exuded of course) so it would leave like 20+ women for ever man so we/I had more choices and less work.

Yeah I was a sick demented kid. I'm older now.
    So now your a sick demented old man.

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If I could change one thing in my past it would be never to leave the army

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion62 View Post
    If I could change one thing in my past it would be never to leave the army
    Me to

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    If i could change one thing.... I would choose not to have mental health problems

We need another big world war......

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    So now your a sick demented old man.
    It's taken you this long to figure that out?

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Me to

DSM that would have been your Heaven
    Last edited by scorpion62; 08-03-2010 at 07:57 AM.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    worked harder in education when i was younger instead of doin all now in my 30's.

def would have partied less and looked after money more carefully

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    worked harder in education when i was younger instead of doin all now in my 30's.

def would have partied less and looked after money more carefully
    You and me both Dec.....But we live and learn mate.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    assuming no changes to family?

college earlier

never sold first harley when I was a kid

kept my comic books and baseball trading cards

Holly never moved away

Got back with Elaine and her hot friend Tammy

Took up Bennotti's offer and joined jazz band

Never caught that 2x4 square in the nutts

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    looks like a pretty frequent answer, education.... shouldnt have relied on the easy 80's and studies to get 90's... tons more doors would have openned.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    looks like a pretty frequent answer, education.... shouldnt have relied on the easy 80's and studies to get 90's... tons more doors would have openned.
    in most cases, once you get your degree, it really doesn't matter if you were a A- or a C+ student. HR departments really ask or care.... they just check that little box that asks... do you have a degree?

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    wish i didnt party as much when i was younger and did better in high school

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    i would of sold more drugs

would of fukked more women

would of dropped out of school at age 10

would of killed my step father in a tragic boating accident (was a nice boat too)

would of had 7 kids and skipped out on child support

.....thats what id change.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    I would like to change thread titles that have errors in them. I guess I have to become an admin?

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    if i could be reborn but not gay, i would.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    I would like to change thread titles that have errors in them. I guess I have to become an admin?
    It is good you have big dreams! =)

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    if i could be reborn but not gay, i would.
    Thats a big thing to say Nic

it's true.

if there was a way to HONESTLY be "not gay" - i would do it.

that being said, i wouldnt go marry a woman and try to hide it.... i'd endup just hurting her, any kids we had, etc etc..... not fair, and i'd never lie to hurt anyone like that.....

if there's one thing in my life i could change, it would be that.

Kingweb50 is offline Member
    it's true.

that being said, i wouldnt go marry a woman and try to hide it.... i'd endup just hurting her, any kids we had, etc etc..... not fair, and i'd never lie to hurt anyone like that.....

would you feel the same if being gay was just as accepted in society as being straight?

it's true.

that?

or the pain/hassle "that" creates/causes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingweb50 View Post
    would you feel the same if being gay was just as accepted in society as being straight?
    well, i don't care what other people think - and i'm not at all stereotypical....

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    that?

or the pain/hassle "that" creates/causes?
    i just see guys my age with their young son/daughters out and about, how happy they are.... and, life would be a touch easier to figure out.

I just don't think i'll ever have a kid OR a solid relationship that's realistic. I don't think male/male couples can last. and a good chunk of that is because guys cheat like crazy.... i just dont think gays can be successful or monogamous

a close 2nd would be wishing I had changed my undies during high school... probably would have helped with getting laid.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    a close 2nd would be wishing I had changed my undies during high school... probably would have helped with getting laid.
    quick hijjck...

there was this dude in gym class after playing rugby, he had green stuff all over him, real funky, looked like he never took a shower, freshman.... he really got his balls busted on that one, never lived it down, girls would go eeeewwwwwww when he walked by.

Years later, I now realize it was the sweaty green fuzz off the inside of his sweat pants. Not sure why this chap never said anything? I think he was kinda scared.

but yeah, personal hygiene is slightly important if you want to get some action

well, i don't care what other people think - and i'm not at all stereotypical....

i just see guys my age with their young son/daughters out and about, how happy they are.... and, life would be a touch easier to figure out.

I just don't think i'll ever have a kid OR a solid relationship that's realistic. I don't think male/male couples can last. and a good chunk of that is because guys cheat like crazy.... i just dont think gays can be successful or monogamous
    you mean gay guys, or just guys in general? cause I know a lot of straight guys that are monogamous

gay men are worse for cheating than straight guys........ i honestly believe that full heartedly (spelling?)

gays IDENTIFY themselves and their "being" based around sex/sexuality ..... which is why i consider myself more of a "homosexual" rather than gay......

at the same time, i think having a son/daughter, raising them and teaching them cool stuff, helping them with school work, taking them to the park, to the movies, playing video games..... i just think that would trump anything being gay "has to offer" (which, really isn't anything).

I can adopt (and i think at some point i will, when i have a %100 stable home to offer)...but, being straight would be easier

looked like he never took a shower, freshman....
    thats not how I would describe a guy like him

gay men are worse for cheating than straight guys........ i honestly believe that full heartedly (spelling?)

gays IDENTIFY themselves and their "being" based around sex/sexuality ..... which is why i consider myself more of a "homosexual" rather than gay......

at the same time, i think having a son/daughter, raising them and teaching them cool stuff, helping them with school work, taking them to the park, to the movies, playing video games..... i just think that would trump anything being gay "has to offer" (which, really isn't anything).

I can adopt (and i think at some point i will, when i have a %100 stable home to offer)...but, being straight would be easier
    Ok, so irregardless of orientation, if I didn't have my kids? wow! my kids are a big part of my life....

some of the gay guys I know are as you describe.... proud, aggressive about who they are, love to party... damn... almost sounds like me! But seriously, I would have "guessed" that there is a more stable element to being homo besides the gay pride thing? But now that you mention it, I either see them in all their "glory" or they fly under the radar and don't come out, at least not to me. There was an article I read once that estimates that 1 in somewhere between 7 and 10 males are homo. This is not a trifle but a large minority! And if you are regular guy just with a different orientation, then there has got to be many many others out there just the same. I'm in way over my head on this one, but i think if you were persistant with the stable lifestyle thing and wanted to adopt, it would certainly be within your grasp.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Some of the so called friends I have had and the shit I have gone through and never got anything back for it other than shit. I think I will only end up having about 3 close friends and that be about it and to be honest that's what it looks like now.

Shinalynn is offline Female Member
    I would like to take back my second marriage.. I could have started school at 23 instead of 28. Still live in the house I bought from my grandparents...I lost my house, my career, and 5 years in my 20's..and some days I believe I lost a bit of my sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    I did a advanced edit but it didint change the main title. I also notified Admin but they never changed it.

Thing not think.

Ok, so irregardless of orientation, if I didn't have my kids? wow! my kids are a big part of my life....

some of the gay guys I know are as you describe.... proud, aggressive about who they are, love to party... damn... almost sounds like me! But seriously, I would have "guessed" that there is a more stable element to being homo besides the gay pride thing? But now that you mention it, I either see them in all their "glory" or they fly under the radar and don't come out, at least not to me. There was an article I read once that estimates that 1 in somewhere between 7 and 10 males are homo. This is not a trifle but a large minority! And if you are regular guy just with a different orientation, then there has got to be many many others out there just the same. I'm in way over my head on this one, but i think if you were persistant with the stable lifestyle thing and wanted to adopt, it would certainly be within your grasp.
    well, i'm 30....if i was straight - i think i'd probally be further ahead in life.

i think having a child really makes you give it your all, because "it's not about you" anymore..... i think it woulda made me put my head to the grind a bit further to give my kid what i never had.

i just think that life would have been "easier" as far as direction goes. more purpose.

most gays are "flighty" because their only responsibility is themselves. a HUGE chunk of the online dating scene is all these old guys who are just looking for one time shots, or date openly and never settle...they are always just looking for something better and dont want to close the door.... and the younger guys will become that as time passes...

either way. if i could change it all, i would in a heartbeat. I don't like being gay.

well, i'm 30....if i was straight - i think i'd probally be further ahead in life.

i think having a child really makes you give it your all, because "it's not about you" anymore..... i think it woulda made me put my head to the grind a bit further to give my kid what i never had.

i just think that life would have been "easier" as far as direction goes. more purpose.

most gays are "flighty" because their only responsibility is themselves. a HUGE chunk of the online dating scene is all these old guys who are just looking for one time shots, or date openly and never settle...they are always just looking for something better and dont want to close the door.... and the younger guys will become that as time passes...

either way. if i could change it all, i would in a heartbeat. I don't like being gay.
    Thanks for sharing all that; I read the other post also. I know there are more people who feel the same as you. I have some friends the same way. It's not you are ashamed or who/what you are but only you are looking at things from a 100% realistic viewpoint just like women 100 years ago had things harder than men just because they where women and a lot of other races who did and some who still do. It's just a fact of life, not saying or admitting it's bad or wrong. Just facts...

I agree, first when I got married my priorities changed. After having a child they changed a lot more; goal oriented.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I would never want to change the fact that my wife and I have a daughter considering all of the circumstances. But, I would take back my marriage. Not to say I would have never dated my wife, but I wouldn't have been blinded by the BS and hopefully could have seen who she truly was, instead of diving right in.

Thread Information