goodlifting is offline Associate Member

hillside clearing

i have a hillside in my backyard that's about sixy feet long and 20 feet high with a steep incline.

i sprayed everything and it's all dead but im trying to find an easy way to clear all the weeds and brush that have over taken it.

i would light it on fire but im in an urban area. I can't find a machine that would clear it easily because of the steep grade.

im hoping on don't have to clear it with a pick ax, blood, sweet, and tears. it would take month to do that at least. that would suck and my dad's on my ass to get it done.

you fellas have any ideas?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hire someone with a tractor to do it right or you risk rolling whatever you use and doing it by hand would suck.

Be careful you dont cause a slide area. A lot of people who clear the hillside never think about how the plants are what is holding the dirt in place.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I agree with lovbyts. Hire someone with a tractor.

What are you planning on doing with the hillside after it's cleared?

it's steep as hell so i don't think a tractors gonna do it without tipping over. but i guess i'll just hire someone and have them figure it out. i was just hopin i didn't have to spend too much money on it. that's just way too much shitty labor.

i wanna plant bananna or orange trees. something cool like that.

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    A plow and a donkey.

Enough said. That's still how my family does it back in my homeland when we replant our vineyards.

oh my gosh dude i wish i had a donkey. i guess i could hook a plow onto my bulldog and run in front of him with bacon in my hand. he's pretty strong.

I think your setting yourself up for a future nightmare with wash out problems

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Where do you live? Because I know here in Vegas, we just go down to the local Home Depot, Lowe's, or Star Nursery and there are always a dozen or so illegals willing to do the work... LOL!!!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Where do you live? Because I know here in Vegas, we just go down to the local Home Depot, Lowe's, or Star Nursery and there are always a dozen or so illegals willing to do the work... LOL!!!
    That's most anywhere. We have a dozen outside of our local Home Depot in Washington state also. BTW I just bought a new green hat that says US Border patrol. hehehehe It's going to be fun to see what kind of reaction it gets.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Easiest and most effective way.
    Pour gasoline all over the yard then light it. Will burn away all of what you don't need.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Easiest and most effective way.
    Pour gasoline all over the yard then light it. Will burn away all of what you don't need.

This is what I was going to say, along with a "don't do anything stupid" notation

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    I think your setting yourself up for a future nightmare with wash out problems
    double down on the potential wash out problems.

You may consider leaving it alone (unless fire hazard) and just plant the trees. Banana trees grow in one climate, oranges in another. Both are crop trees, and it sounds like you haven't thought this through much. If the hill is "steep as h3ll", how do you plan to harvest? Since you will only be able to harvest by climbing down this "steep as h3ll" hill and picking by hand....

....you may be better off with some pine trees that grow fast and help retain the top soil.

Hiring a landscaping company to do the entire job from escavating to planting may be an option if you can find one that will gauranteed no wash out and warranty it if there is some.

Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Hiring a landscaping company to do the entire job from escavating to planting may be an option if you can find one that will gauranteed no wash out and warranty it if there is some.
    that probably would be best. i was gonna go with the mexican labor but i don't know what the hell to do with the hillside once it's naked.

thanks you guys.

Thread Information