Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The death penalty.

I just wondered what you guys think about the death penalty, I’ve been reading a lot about death row recently, especially the large number of people waiting to die in Texas.

If you live in TX what is your opinion and the general opinion of those around you?

Do you know anyone how has been affected in any way by capital punishment?

Do you agree or disagree with it?

Do you think that the family of the victim should decide the fate of the offender?

What if they are found to be innocent after they have been executed?

Obviously the questions are endless so let the debate begin....
    -XL

jing jai

Stigmata101 is offline Senior Member
    they should bring back the death penalty in canada.......

I'm a huge fan of this, especially when there are serial killing cases like the most recent one, Robert Pickton, who killed nearly 50 women and only gets life in prison.....life in prison in canada is a joke anyways.....computer access, library, gym, etc....

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    they should bring back the death penalty in canada.......
    x2 and child rapist should also get much worse penalties than they do I`m sick of hearing of these assholes getting 2-4 years for horrific crimes against innocent children.

digismash is offline Associate Member
    ^^^^^ agree!!

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    child rapists should also be castrated. it has been done, and proven highly effective....

and, they shouldn't be seperated into their own area like they often do to protect them. they should be in with the general population...... maybe then they can see what it's like to be preyed on.....

as for the death penalty....i agree with it for the MOST part. there are some situations that i wouldn't think it would be appropriate but in the situations of repeat offenders who cant be rehabilitated, then what good are they?

edit: as for people found innocent after execution...i think the chances for that now are less - especially in cases with DNA testing and other forensics.
    Last edited by Nicotine; 08-12-2010 at 09:57 AM.

cobra305 is offline Member
    I agree with the death penalty. These death row inmates commit horrible crimes and never take their victims feelings or rights into consideration and for the most part are the worst form of human life. As far as innocent individuals getting put to death I doubt it happens very often considering many death row inmates have countless appeals and spend many years spending taxpayers gard earned money, so if in fact they where innocent theyt had plenty of opportunities to prove so. I say fvck um and hang them. Rope is cheap and reusable.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    bring on the death penalty... and if you are on death row, it should not be for more time than it takes to reload... fcuk 12 years @ $70,000/yr

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    we are a society of hypocrites! On the one hand, the politicos are "tough on crime" (a slogan). So we build jails and fill em to the rafters with guys committing minor offenses such as drug possession, etc. On another hand, we are willing to spend $100k/year warehousing serial killers for the rest of the natural lives behind bars. This is a huge financial burden. When the subject of corporal punishment and lethal injection comes up, there is an outcry that it is "inhumane".

There is a root cause to all of this. The police want to be the only ones that can legally carry guns (violating the 2nd amendment, I might add). The bad guys dont' care and therefore victimize those that don't carry guns (because it is illegal). I say open it up, let everyone be on the same level playing field, and everyone carry guns. If Granny is carrying a gun in the subway, chances are, punks will think twice before trying to lift her purse. And since everyone can now protect themselves and less relient on cops (putting cops out of work, which is one reason cops don't want no one carrying guns), now watch the crime rate drop.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtralarg View Post
    I just wondered what you guys think about the death penalty, I’ve been reading a lot about death row recently, especially the large number of people waiting to die in Texas.

If you live in TX what is your opinion and the general opinion of those around you? I'm reside in TexASS. I can't speak for those around me, but I believe death sentence is not a punishment in comparison to spending life in Prison. Torture > Death. In fact, life torture is death in my opinion.

Do you know anyone how has been affected in any way by capital punishment? Nope. I'm very interested in seeing their views on the subject though.

Do you agree or disagree with it? Disagree, as stated above.

Do you think that the family of the victim should decide the fate of the offender? If this were the case, the majority of them would feel death penalty, no questions asked.

What if they are found to be innocent after they have been executed? That would piss me off more then anything if I were in their shoes.

Obviously the questions are endless so let the debate begin....
    My views on the subject. Great topic!

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    x2 and child rapist should also get much worse penalties than they do I`m sick of hearing of these assholes getting 2-4 years for horrific crimes against innocent children.
    x3! When you rape someone, you effectively ruin their entire life. You've robbed from them the ability to have a normal life after the event. You should pay the ultimate price for that.

That being said. If I found out someone raped my child, I'd do my own sentencing and execution.

It blows my mind how parents of rape victims sit back and watch as these sick degenerates walk around in society after serving a few years for what they have done.

I'd be a ****ing Charlie Bronson if I were in that position. Death Wish 6

I have the best idea on this shit... you guys remember The Ultimate fighter season 4 I think... it was when all the failed fighters were invited back to get a shot at another contract....

put all these ****ers in a concrete room and the last one alive gets to go free.

and for the child molesters, put them in a cell with 400lb bubba who has a daughter.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    With DNA testing now it has pretty much ruled out mistakes of the past, and with criminals knowing that they have no consequences for their actions crime is up. I just wonder if they have done studies on the countries where they have the death penalty and what their crime rate is compared to ours. how do they deal with criminals in the muslim countries? If memory serves me they are convicted and put to death within a day or so. Problem solved, money saved, court systems unburdened with appeals. Oh course over there if they make a mistake and put you to death the next day its like oops oh well allah will make it right for you with all those virgins. We bad. lol

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    I have the best idea on this shit... you guys remember The Ultimate fighter season 4 I think... it was when all the failed fighters were invited back to get a shot at another contract....

put all these ****ers in a concrete room and the last one alive gets to go free.

and for the child molesters, put them in a cell with 400lb bubba who has a daughter.
    You can molest me and I wont consider it a crime, just a crime if you dont.

boooyah

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I believe in it but what I don believe in is how long it takes to execute someone. Someone loess guilty first degree murder blah blah blah they stay on death row for 20 years before thy are put down. We as tax payers fit the bill for this scumbag.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    kill em all

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    we are a society of hypocrites! On the one hand, the politicos are "tough on crime" (a slogan). So we build jails and fill em to the rafters with guys committing minor offenses such as drug possession, etc. On another hand, we are willing to spend $100k/year warehousing serial killers for the rest of the natural lives behind bars. This is a huge financial burden. When the subject of corporal punishment and lethal injection comes up, there is an outcry that it is "inhumane".

There is a root cause to all of this. The police want to be the only ones that can legally carry guns (violating the 2nd amendment, I might add). The bad guys dont' care and therefore victimize those that don't carry guns (because it is illegal). I say open it up, let everyone be on the same level playing field, and everyone carry guns. If Granny is carrying a gun in the subway, chances are, punks will think twice before trying to lift her purse. And since everyone can now protect themselves and less relient on cops (putting cops out of work, which is one reason cops don't want no one carrying guns), now watch the crime rate drop.
    While I'm in complete favor of the death penalty, your argument doesn't necessarily hold much water. Many societies with no gun control at all are some of the most crime ridden, violent societies on the planet. I'm sure there is a healthy balance. But of course, a healthy balance isn't achievable because everyone plays the politics of fear so the extreme end of each argument tends to rule.

BTW, I'm a proud gun owner of 17 firearms.

But to the OP, the death penalty is definitely a deterrent to major crimes and I think it should be implemented across the board, but even one wrongly put to death person is one to many. As long as the sentence is applied equally across the board, I'm in complete favor of it.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Here's my solution for the confirmed, without an absolute doubt serial killers, e.g., Charles Mansion, Richard Ramirez, etc.

Make a spin off from a show like Fear Factor and others like it. For this particular situation we can call it: 'Life or Death'. Make it a pay per view premium setup; monthly or quarterly airings. Price? I dunno ... Maybe $34.95. Hell, get someone like Howie Mandel to host it and give it a little personality!

Objective: Each prisoner is given a task that is 'Life or Death'. They must survive various assignments given to them including overcoming the elements of nature and physics, along with making the right decisions (for once). One scenario might be to have an inmate hold on to a rope behind an airplane at 5,000' for a certain period of time while the plane pulls a few turns with a couple g's. Another might be to have a maze that includes Black Mambas in the path so walking the correct route is critical. Oh, the bull sharks in the olympic pool is one thought too with a bucket of chum strapped to the foot!

Anyways, if the inmate survives, he/she gets life in prison with comfort. If they choose not to appear on the show then execution follows out immediately. This gives the person a choice and a chance at earning their life, which probably wasn't an option for their victims. Society is too engulfed with reality events and we know millions upon millions would pay to watch. The best part of this is that the proceeds could go to help the victims families and they could go directly into paying for the prison system thus giving the taxpayers some serious relief. Kind of a Thunderdome approach, but I think it could help fix some of the problems with costs and overcrowding.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Here's my solution for the confirmed, without an absolute doubt serial killers, e.g., Charles Mansion, Richard Ramirez, etc.

Make a spin off from a show like Fear Factor and others like it. For this particular situation we can call it: 'Life or Death'. Make it a pay per view premium setup; monthly or quarterly airings. Price? I dunno ... Maybe $34.95. Hell, get someone like Howie Mandel to host it and give it a little personality!

Objective: Each prisoner is given a task that is 'Life or Death'. They must survive various assignments given to them including overcoming the elements of nature and physics, along with making the right decisions (for once). One scenario might be to have an inmate hold on to a rope behind an airplane at 5,000' for a certain period of time while the plane pulls a few turns with a couple g's. Another might be to have a maze that includes Black Mambas in the path so walking the correct route is critical. Oh, the bull sharks in the olympic pool is one thought too with a bucket of chum strapped to the foot!

Anyways, if the inmate survives, he/she gets life in prison with comfort. If they choose not to appear on the show then execution follows out immediately. This gives the person a choice and a chance at earning their life, which probably wasn't an option for their victims. Society is too engulfed with reality events and we know millions upon millions would pay to watch. The best part of this is that the proceeds could go to help the victims families and they could go directly into paying for the prison system thus giving the taxpayers some serious relief. Kind of a Thunderdome approach, but I think it could help fix some of the problems with costs and overcrowding.
    this could be used to pay off national debt, win-win situation

but a bullet still only costs $1

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Im from Texas.

And agree with the death penalty.

But as stated, it almost seems like an easy way out. I don't really agree with life in prison though. Just kill the person and save the time/money.

Some of the sickos need to be tortured.

Vettester is offline Banned
    this could be used to pay off national debt, win-win situation

but a bullet still only costs $1
    Both options applied ... $1 bullet for the inmates who won't compete for their lives, and deficit reduction opportunities for those who step up and spin the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Both options applied ... $1 bullet for the inmates who won't compete for their lives, and deficit reduction opportunities for those who step up and spin the wheel.
    I like this... if you are "really" sorry for what you've done...give something back to your community

Jimmy.Boy is offline Junior Member
    should have made this a poll.

The way I see it:
    All pedifiles and rapists should be killed. When I say rapist I dont mean some kids in college who had sex and some chick cried rape, you know the kind im talking about without getting into detail.

Murders dont bother me much as long as no innocent people get hurt.

To all those who want to make a tv show or something
    Stone COld was in a movie about that
    It sucked

Pedophiles and rapists should be painfully tortured then executed. They should be put in a position of being vulnerable like they made their victim... lynch mob of angry parents with frozen chickens to hit them with

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Im on the fence with the Death Penalty.

I agree that some crimes are simply unforgivable, serial killers, rapists, molestors..

In 1953, a 19 year old boy named Derek Bentley was hung for the execution of a police officer. The tragedy here was that he didn't kill anyone, his partner, Christopher Craig fired the fatal shot, however Chris was only 16. Derek was also mentally retarded. Because Chris was too young to be executed, the police wanted an eye for an eye and Derek was executed on Jan 28th, 1953. It only took till 1998 for the poor sod to be given a posthumous pardon.

While evidence is far stronger today than say, 50-60 years ago, corruption will always be around. I guess the point is, where do you draw the line on who should be executed?

This is why im on the fence with the Death Penalty. I read about monsters that rape children, that torture women, that ruin peoples lives and all i want is them gone from the earth.

But then, what about those that are unfairly executed? Once a life is taken, it's taken forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Once a life is taken, it's taken forever.
    that applies to the people that were murderred as well...

is it really that bad to lose the odd innocent person (should it actually happen)... how often do you hear of someone getting the death sentence now? In the era of women in power and pshycologists blaming the guilty's parents we hardly get to see the death sentence... now adays, it has to be so clear cut that he is caught with the dead body in their hand.

that applies to the people that were murderred as well...

is it really that bad to lose the odd innocent person (should it actually happen)... how often do you hear of someone getting the death sentence now? In the era of women in power and pshycologists blaming the guilty's parents we hardly get to see the death sentence... now adays, it has to be so clear cut that he is caught with the dead body in their hand.

Is it really so bad if the odd innocent person is executed. Try saying that when it's a member of your family or your best friend.

There are some people that don't deserve life, but apathy for the "odd innocent" seems as abhorent as the victims of these monsters. Not wanting to make you feel bad, but look at it from the perspective of yourself. How would you be feeling if your Father was wrongly on death row.

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Hard Labor 20 hours a day. No luxuries. Death row takes too long. Some people on it for 25 years. And there prison life is not hard time, oother than being out of society and locked up.

Make em work.

Is it really so bad if the odd innocent person is executed. Try saying that when it's a member of your family or your best friend.

There are some people that don't deserve life, but apathy for the "odd innocent" seems as abhorent as the victims of these monsters. Not wanting to make you feel bad, but look at it from the perspective of yourself. How would you be feeling if your Father was wrongly on death row.
    I was actually going to put that into my last post... I would say that Im confident enough in the current judicial system and its handing out of the death sentence that the slight chance of a mistrial convicting me or my family members would be accepted. I know it sounds stupid, but I think it would change the current state of things if people actually got what they deserved in a timely manner

Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    Hard Labor 20 hours a day. No luxuries. Death row takes too long. Some people on it for 25 years. And there prison life is not hard time, oother than being out of society and locked up.

Make em work.
    also a good thought.

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah dude. Some of These rapist and child molesters and murderers have tvs, cigs, books, comercary(sp) which is snacks and food. **** that. Solitary confinement for life. No contact. Just work.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    You can molest me and I wont consider it a crime, just a crime if you dont.
    Can we not have a fvckin thread without this shit from you..

Very interesting thread but is crap spoils it, i will post my views once ive cooled down....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    My stupid fvckin state banned the death penalty a year or two ago..... pissed me the fvck off......

Here's my view..... If you are convicted of a murder beyond a reasonable doubt, proven with dna, caught red handed, or if you admit to the murder, rape, or molestation...... then your ass should get a one way ticket to hell. If you wanna get all humane and use lethal injection.... idc..... just kill the ****ers.

If someone was convicted but there isn't a solid link like DNA to prove it or if you don't confess..... then you should be forced into hard labor. Chances are - they are guilty..... but for those that were convicted wrongly..... they can serve hard labor while they get their appeals.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Blog Entries
    I have to ask why you have the death penalty in the first place??

Its clear its not in place as a deterrent otherwise your death rows would be empty. So it can only be used as a form of revenge/punishment.. Your putting these people to death because their killers. So to sum up, to show society that its wrong to kill, you kill them...

That just doesnt sound right does it, "to show its wrong to kill, we kill"......

What about all those people that are executed only for them to proved innocent years later???? Yes we have such things as DNA but on occasions DNA can be tampered with...

Below is just one case of hundreds where the supposed culprit would have been executed if we still had the death penalty..

Heres one case in mind, this guy would have been executed if we had the death penalty...

An example of this is a man called Stephan Kiszko. In 1975 he was arrested and later convicted of the murder of the 11 year old Lesley Molseed. She was snatched close to home, taken to the moors stabbed many times. The killer then masturbated over her before leaving her to die, what a horrific way for an 11 year old to die.

Kiszko was convicted for a number of reasons, first it was said his sperm matched that found on Lesley's body. The police said they found pornographic material in his car, and worst of all he confessed to her murder, case closed?

Kiszko spent many years in prison, he was mentally tortured and beaten often. However we now know the facts.

Kiszko suffered from hypogonadism, which ment he couldnt produce sperm. Pornographic materials were never found. So why did he confess? Kiszco was slow minded (his mental state was in question long before 1975) He spent three days being questioned by police, so simply gave in. Later he went on to say, i told lies because it seemed to please the police. Because the police were under pressure they just decided to pick Kiszco out, he was an easy target. The police lied and hid evidence to help gain the conviction of Kiszco.

This is just one case of many, so again i ask how many innocent people would have to suffer??

Do we think that murdering or torturing these people will help prevent the next crime? Albert Pierrepoint didnt think so and he hung more men and women than any other executioner in the UK. He said it was a complete waste of life and we learnt nothing.

Btw The killer of Lesley Molseed was caught just a couple of years ago....

I think if more people were put to death that would be a bigger deterrent to others thinking of commiting a serious crime. And if knowing that the reprocussions to a serious act are death and you commit it anyways then you deserve to die.....

oh and bad parenting plays a huge part in why people are the way they are imo......

we need to crack down on these parents that don't take responsibility for there children at a young age and I would bet that within 20 - 30 years serious crimes would fall a significant amount

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata101 View Post
    I think if more people were put to death that would be a bigger deterrent to others thinking of commiting a serious crime. And if knowing that the reprocussions to a serious act are death and you commit it anyways then you deserve to die.....

oh and bad parenting plays a huge part in why people are the way they are imo......

we need to crack down on these parents that don't take responsibility for there children at a young age and I would bet that within 20 - 30 years serious crimes would fall a significant amount
    You mean like they did a few hundred years ago?? If a person stole a loaf of bread they had their hand chopped off. If they stole two of the same then they would be executed...

It never stopped them from committing crime then so why should it now???

But why stop there, who are we to decide who should be executed or put in jail for the rest of their lives doing hard labour.. Lets say that aswell as murders and rapists we should also look at those selling drugs and those that use them. There are many honest citizens out there that would be very happy to see all drug users lock up for many many years.. So thats most of use on here fvcked..

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    You mean like they did a few hundred years ago?? If a person stole a loaf of bread they had their hand chopped off. If they stole two of the same then they would be executed...

But why stop there, who are we to decide who should be executed or put in jail for the rest of their lives doing hard labour.. Lets say that aswell as murders and rapists we should also look at those selling drugs and those that use them. There are many honest citizens out there that would be very happy to see all drug users lock up for many many years.. So thats most of use on here fvcked..
    I agree with 007 posts 100%.

Where do you draw the line? We execute all rapists, serial killers and molesters. Then what next? Armed bank robbers, drug dealers, people guilty of GBH....where do you draw the line? I mean Hell, lets go back to cutting off peoples hands for stealing a loaf of bread.

It's the 21st Century now incase some of you have forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post

we're not debating whether drug dealers should be executed. It's not done now..... and no one is saying we should doit in the future. Thats actually a whole seperate issue.....

I understand your point regarding the whole "we show society that killing is wrong by killing...." however..... I firmly believe the death penalty was developed as a deterant. The right intentions were there.... however..... the process is so damn long and drawn out..... and states are banishing it left and right..... it's not detering anyone.

Look at it this way..... If you wanted to kill someone..... and you thought you could get away with it - you would then think about the consequences for getting caught. If you KNEW you were going to get electricuted if you got caught would you have a 2nd thought about following through with it? If you KNEW you would get life in prison (max sentance) if you got caught - would you think twice about it?

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

I agree with 007 posts 100%.

Where do you draw the line? We execute all rapists, serial killers and molesters. Then what next? Armed bank robbers, drug dealers, people guilty of GBH....where do you draw the line? I mean Hell, lets go back to cutting off peoples hands for stealing a loaf of bread.

It's the 21st Century now incase some of you have forgotten.

This arguement would hold water if we never had the death penalty to begin with and we were just considering to start doing it now. HOWEVER..... it's been around for hundreds of years and we've never once thought about killing a drug dealer.....

drug dealers andd bank robbers ARE NOT part of this conversation..... this is about the people whom are ELIGABLE for the death penalty. Not just anyone can be executed..... what would make us just start offing people for petty offenses?

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information