Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depression

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Depression

I find myself depressed lately and hitting the bottle. I know for some of you this topic will be too real to really participate in but I think pretty much everyone has dealt with depression. I'm wondering how you deal with it?

I hung out with this guy who is a semi pro bodybuilder. I haven't talked about him before on here. I found his lifestyle downright depressing. He strings mediocre girls along so he can bang them until they get tired of his bullshit. He strings along all these "friends" around him that serve no purpose but to tell him he's awesome or provide favors for him. From what I can determine, he's never loved anyone in his entire life. Don't get me wrong, his world is so delusional that he probably believes A: ****ing these mediocre girls is helping them somehow B: He's an awesome friend C: He's nothing but love.

This guy is ripped, and he gets laid pretty regularly, but deep down inside I think he knows he's a worthless piece of shit. I don't know why I am even bringing this up other than I found his very existence depressing. I've been beating this bush of that life is about getting ripped and getting laid lately, but this guy has those things and is one of the most miserable assholes ive ever seen.

But **** it you didn't pay to hear this shit. How do you deal with depression? hit me

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    I was (and still am) diagnosed with depression. I never considered myself to be 'depressed' but I knew something was wrong. Long story short, doctor prescribed me anti-depressents. Not saying they are for everyone, but if you truely have depression, it may be worth looking into.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    All the thread u and times started in last month or so made me depressed.

On a serious note the sooner you realize that life does not revolves around pvssy and looking good the better you can become over it......I think u r depressed that u thought getting laid and looking good is the best thing that can ever happened and now u see ur buddy's example and made u realize that its not. He is living the life he chosed he is the one who surround himself with ass kissing friends and he is the one who act as an asshole. The solution is simple dont become that guy. I love it when ppl say oh their life is shitty , nothing can be done about it and then u look up close in their life and see all kind of problem and then u try to help them by pointing out "wrong things" in their life and u hear "u r not my father"....
    As far as dealing with depression....i was given a shit load of AD and anxity medications....one day I woke up and said to myself "no more" and i dont take any more medication..."grab life by the horns" sounds familiar?

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    Prescription medication is how I deal with it. I've got a family history of depression and anxiety, and I'm the lucky one that got it. I really have no reason to have any of it either; go figure.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post

On a serious note the sooner you realize that life does not revolves around pvssy and looking good the better you can become over it......I think u r depressed that u thought getting laid and looking good is the best thing that can ever happened and now u see ur buddy's example and made u realize that its not. He is living the life he chosed he is the one who surround himself with ass kissing friends and he is the one who act as an asshole. The solution is simple dont become that guy. I love it when ppl say oh their life is shitty , nothing can be done about it and then u look up close in their life and see all kind of problem and then u try to help them by pointing out "wrong things" in their life and u hear "u r not my father"....
    As far as dealing with depression....i was given a shit load of AD and anxity medications....one day I woke up and said to myself "no more" and i dont take any more medication..."grab life by the horns" sounds familiar?
    Thanks this is exactly what I needed to hear.

Also Im on here way too much so sorry for all the threads. I don't mean to do that its just sometimes at 3 am an hour goes by with like 1 post and I keep refreshing and sighing.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    Thanks this is exactly what I needed to hear.

Also Im on here way too much so sorry for all the threads. I don't mean to do that its just sometimes at 3 am an hour goes by with like 1 post and I keep refreshing and sighing.
    no worries abt making the threads....if u r training why u r up at 3 am? I get up at 330 am to get to gym love to sleep in.......just concentrate on ur diet, work out etc....r u on cycle?

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Depression is a medical disorder, such as anxiety. How you deal with it is your choice. Medicine does help, but I have found it's not the 'solution'.

I am going thru depression right now obviously because of my upcoming divorce. I lost everything and am rebuilding from the ground up literally, but I refuse to take medication. I have been on Zoloft twice in my life, both times because of the situation with me and my wife. Before her, I was fine. So, they say to really fix your problem, you have to identify what's wrong. In my situation, both times it was my wife. She had me so mindfvcked that I believed it was me becoming so insecure, over analyzing everything to the point of anxiety and depression. When the whole time, my gut instinct was not leading me wrong.

However, if you feel you need medicine to cope, or sincerely are unaware of what your problem is, do not be above taking it.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"

too much writing, but the first couple lines made sense... +2 Cal

Quote Originally Posted by D3m3nt3d View Post
    Depression is a medical disorder, such as anxiety. How you deal with it is your choice. Medicine does help, but I have found it's not the 'solution'.

I am going thru depression right now obviously because of my upcoming divorce. I lost everything and am rebuilding from the ground up literally, but I refuse to take medication. I have been on Zoloft twice in my life, both times because of the situation with me and my wife. Before her, I was fine. So, they say to really fix your problem, you have to identify what's wrong. In my situation, both times it was my wife. She had me so mindfvcked that I believed it was me becoming so insecure, over analyzing everything to the point of anxiety and depression. When the whole time, my gut instinct was not leading me wrong.

However, if you feel you need medicine to cope, or sincerely are unaware of what your problem is, do not be above taking it.

been there done that but his problem is that he just realize that life doesnt revolve ard pvssy and for u , u r still trying to get out of pvssy shock....

Not trying to make fun of u , just hard reality

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    too much writing, but the first couple lines made sense... +2 Cal
    thank you sir.

Stigmata101 is offline Senior Member
    Iv'e battled depression and anxiety ever since I can remember......

My depression was because of low self esteem issues, I didn't like my physique. I started weight training to develop the body I wanted and it has helped enormously. I've also learned to stay positive.

I deal with any remaining anxiety with ativan......

been there done that but his problem is that he just realize that life doesnt revolve ard pvssy and for u , u r still trying to get out of pvssy shock....

Not trying to make fun of u , just hard reality
    What can I say, she was hot and it was good pvssy hah.

But I have lost her before, its the family we built and everything I worked so hard for that has got me left feeling depressed. That along with the fact I feel utterly used.

Now Im kind of feeling down that I dont have depression... I like to feel like I fit in =(

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata101 View Post
    Iv'e battled depression and anxiety ever since I can remember......

My depression was because of low self esteem issues, I didn't like my physique. I started weight training to develop the body I wanted and it has helped enormously. I've also learned to stay positive.

I deal with any remaining anxiety with ativan......
    Remind u to tell me the story some other time regarding this

Now Im kind of feeling down that I dont have depression... I like to feel like I fit in =(
    lmao

You don't want to be feeling what I feel homie, I assure you.

Remind u to tell me the story some other time regarding this
    I can only imagine....

does it have anything to do with fat girls, sex, a toilet seat, and a rubber fist shaped dildo?

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata101 View Post
    I can only imagine....

does it have anything to do with fat girls, sex, a toilet seat, and a rubber fist shaped dildo?
    first 2 u got right...instead of a toilet seat it was a sofa and instead of didlo it was my dick the only plastic involve was my cell which doesnt stop ringing as I was rocking mofo

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Depression and bodybuilding using aas seem to go hand in hand. I use klonipin when Im up at night stressing out about stuff that I have no power over. Klonipin last 8 hours and it usually knocks me out, when I wake up I feel tons better. Not getting proper sleep can add to the depression. Someone stated that ***** isnt everything and their right about that. When I was younger it was all I thought about and my only real goal in life. After 10 years of that being my goal I realized that its only a small part of what I need in life to be happy. Most of us that respond to your threads are your friends including myself, I see alot of myself in you and face similar problems. We dont mind helping you or just listening, thats whats friends are for.
    Last edited by AlphaGenetics; 08-16-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Klonipin didn't do jack shit for me. At the time I was wishing it would. I was given 10 of them yrs back to help with what they considered temporary depression, but only took one or two of them. It didn't even help me rest.

I am a fvcked up individual it would appear, no cure for that.

Klonipin didn't do jack shit for me. At the time I was wishing it would. I was given 10 of them yrs back to help with what they considered temporary depression, but only took one or two of them. It didn't even help me rest.

I am a fvcked up individual it would appear, no cure for that.
    Join the club

Shinalynn is offline Female Member
    I am more of a thinker when it comes to depression, I have battled it all my life. I was the 10yr old girl depressed. I have drawings from third grade where every one was in black at a funeral.
    I have found (for me) I become depressed at the realization that I am not where I should be in life, ie school, weight, friends..
    Another thing I have learned about myself, is I need sun. I lived in England and became so depressed I slept most of the day.

All my life I have been on and off meds..for the most part I can feel when it is about to come on. I do little things, like photography, or attend a kids baseball game. I go do something where I am around nature, or happy people. I dont go to bars, or drink..that only makes me worse.

Anyway that is just me

Quote Originally Posted by Shinalynn View Post
    I am more of a thinker when it comes to depression, I have battled it all my life. I was the 10yr old girl depressed. I have drawings from third grade where every one was in black at a funeral.
    I have found (for me) I become depressed at the realization that I am not where I should be in life, ie school, weight, friends..
    Another thing I have learned about myself, is I need sun. I lived in England and became so depressed I slept most of the day.

All my life I have been on and off meds..for the most part I can feel when it is about to come on. I do little things, like photography, or attend a kids baseball game. I go do something where I am around nature, or happy people. I dont go to bars, or drink..that only makes me worse.

Anyway that is just me
    Well the only depression I have has come from girls. I say just my wife because its the only time I was medicated. BUT, actually before my wife I was with this girl for 4 yrs, we got engaged, then I got shafted badly in the end. Fast forward to today, and I got shafted even worse by my wife.

Now, I will say that my ex and I did try and work things out a few times, but it was more of the same. She is getting married these days, and I was told the other day if I wanted her I could have her, but that's not my style. I hate it for the guy tho, because she should not be going into a marriage with him if that's how she feels. I know this because my buddy seen text messages in his wifes phone from her about me.

I have never had bad luck when it come to women, both my ex and my wife seemed like two different types of people, and either they weren't, or I am making these girls what they are. Kinda just makes you wonder if the pattern isn't following me, and that's a little depressing in itself. How girls get sooo attached to you, and then un-attach so quickly. Now my ex I can't really speak for, she did not have the rep so to speak as my wife does. My wife I can honestly tell you that the pattern follows her. Even tho I know this, it doesn't make it any easier. Seems I know how to pick em, the quick moving girls that will never be happy with anybody.

Well the only depression I have has come from girls. I say just my wife because its the only time I was medicated. BUT, actually before my wife I was with this girl for 4 yrs, we got engaged, then I got shafted badly in the end. Fast forward to today, and I got shafted even worse by my wife.

Now, I will say that my ex and I did try and work things out a few times, but it was more of the same. She is getting married these days, and I was told the other day if I wanted her I could have her, but that's not my style. I hate it for the guy tho, because she should not be going into a marriage with him if that's how she feels. I know this because my buddy seen text messages in his wifes phone from her about me.

I have never had bad luck when it come to women, both my ex and my wife seemed like two different types of people, and either they weren't, or I am making these girls what they are. Kinda just makes you wonder if the pattern isn't following me, and that's a little depressing in itself. How girls get sooo attached to you, and then un-attach so quickly. Now my ex I can't really speak for, she did not have the rep so to speak as my wife does. My wife I can honestly tell you that the pattern follows her. Even tho I know this, it doesn't make it any easier. Seems I know how to pick em, the quick moving girls that will never be happy with anybody.
    I get that way too, when I am having a rough time with the BF or husband, I get really depressed, but that kind of ties into why I try so much, and how it makes me depressed. I get depressed bc the relationship isnt what I think or want it to be, then I try and try until I have nothing left to give, which again, leave me depressed. SO I had to find someone who cared enough about our relationship that I was not the only one putting effort into it.

I get that way too, when I am having a rough time with the BF or husband, I get really depressed, but that kind of ties into why I try so much, and how it makes me depressed. I get depressed bc the relationship isnt what I think or want it to be, then I try and try until I have nothing left to give, which again, leave me depressed. SO I had to find someone who cared enough about our relationship that I was not the only one putting effort into it.
    Bingo! In my marriage, I gave 200%, and all my wife was doing was staying there waiting for me to MAKE her happy, and that's impossible, but damn If I didn't exhaust every effort trying.

My ex and I, m'eh - we had the time invested, but we truely never had the relationship we needed to be getting married, I knew that. We had just been thru hell and back and stayed together. I also didn't pour everything I had into her like I did my wife, nor did I lose anything compared to what I had invested in my wife and kids. There is really no way for me not to feel low at this point.

A saying I HATE is you will get over it. I prefer, you will get through this. If you look back and you got over something, you really dont see anything but the big problem, if you got through it (to me) you look back and can see every mistake, and know where to do things differently. Demented, I hope you get through this sooner rather than later, but I can tell you, you have to have a down time for there to be any up.

A saying I HATE is you will get over it. I prefer, you will get through this. If you look back and you got over something, you really dont see anything but the big problem, if you got through it (to me) you look back and can see every mistake, and know where to do things differently. Demented, I hope you get through this sooner rather than later, but I can tell you, you have to have a down time for there to be any up.
    That's very true. Trust me what kills me now is the way i over analyze everything. It's like I'm trying to forget, but just in case she or someone asks me I try to remember every word or detail to everything that happened. I mean I rack my brain trying to remember the EXACT words and circumstances, and I get hung dwelling on the shit forever until I either remember or put myself to sleep. It's really exhausting, and not good for me at all. In no way is it going to change the big picture of what happened, and its sure not going to help me get over it trying to remember everything. Sheesh I suck at this.

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    i was always depressed..... very very, for yrs.

i thought for me it was "normal".... i'd sleep 12hrs at a time, ate very rarely and when i did it was garbage, no self worth.

so after a few yrs at the gym, i did a test only cycle - after about 4 weeks on, my sex drive went from once a month to once a day (big deal for me!), i was eating way more, far more energy, better sleeping patterns.

so then when i went off, i did pct...but i went back to how i felt for pretty much my whole life.

so i went to my dr and my test levels were crap. so i went to an endo. he did bloodwork, etc etc - put me on hrt.

bye bye depression!!!!

as for your friend, he sounds like he buries his low self image in shallow girls/sex/vanity. he probally doesn't have much else going for him.

Blog Entries
    as long as i keep bbing i keep from becoming depressed.....im not shure why but it makes me have a positive attitude toward life and i always feel great afterwords.....thank god for bbing....

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    as long as i keep bbing i keep from becoming depressed.....im not shure why but it makes me have a positive attitude toward life and i always feel great afterwords.....thank god for bbing....
    nothing more self motivating than results.... I think a lot of depression comes from being static at something... job, income etc...

numbat is offline Member
    Alcohol is prolly the single worst thing for a depressive to engage in. I say listen to the song about the wildwood green.

NMacFar is offline Member
    x2. Well said.

Yah, if I miss a workout cause im in a bad mood, I get worse once it sets in that I didnt train that day... if I had gone, all problems would have been forgotten once I hit the gym floor

I found that yesterday when I got back in the gym. It was 1 hr+ that I didn't think at all about my problems with my wife. I was in the zone.

Neevor is offline Associate Member
    x2 bro. I have learned over the years that even if nothing else is going well for me, as long as I focus on what I need to do to keep lifting (sleep, food, etc) my life is better.

That and getting laid. I get depressed if I either in a relationship where the sex sucks or single and not getting any. I've been that way since way before I started bbing tho. Just who I am I guess.

I also have depression but over the years I've really tried to figure out what helps me get past it the fastest when it sets in. I know if its an overall feeling of unhappiness then I need to get more sun, spend more time outside or with friends or family, and go to the gym. If its sudden extreme depression like suddenly losing a job or a gf then I know I need to get drunk and then get laid, and then sun, outside, friends, etc..

Weightlifting has seemed to help me, not going to lie. However speaking of depression, my wife really knows what to say to make me feel fvcking worthless. She told me trust her, there is no void in her life at all to fill since she left me.

Nice to see how much you do for your family is so fvcking appreciated in the end. Really helps your self worth.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    nothing more self motivating than results.... I think a lot of depression comes from being static at something... job, income etc...
    x2 I have only been depressed when i have been broke... Body building helps for the self image too.. but sleeping with countless women is not the way to go.. especially if you stop and think about the quality of those one night stands.. most those types of girls (i.e. bar flies) make me want to become asexual after a while.. They make you lose your faith in the oppisite sex.. but then when you do find a good one they end up changing their minds and cheating on you.. can't win with them. Make yourself successful both physically and financially and you won't have a care in the world, because with those in check you can have any woman you want.

Weightlifting has seemed to help me, not going to lie. However speaking of depression, my wife really knows what to say to make me feel fvcking worthless. She told me trust her, there is no void in her life at all to fill since she left me.

Nice to see how much you do for your family is so fvcking appreciated in the end. Really helps your self worth.
    the reason is that u let her walk all over u I was like that with one of the bitches and i waited for the right moment and pull the rug under her fat arse....she will keep screwing with u if u let her. Wait till divorce is settle and then if I were u I would call her while fvcking 2 whores and make her listen ...

the reason is that u let her walk all over u I was like that with one of the bitches and i waited for the right moment and pull the rug under her fat arse....she will keep screwing with u if u let her. Wait till divorce is settle and then if I were u I would call her while fvcking 2 whores and make her listen ...
    I'd say I did let her walk over me the last several months. I did stand my ground when absolutely necessary. I tried not to, bit my tongue more than I should have. But, beforehand - I was great to her, but wasn't an asskisser. Towards the end I did kiss ass, only because she told me I was going to have to a little. But nobody likes an asskisser

I'd say I did let her walk over me the last several months. I did stand my ground when absolutely necessary. I tried not to, bit my tongue more than I should have. But, beforehand - I was great to her, but wasn't an asskisser. Towards the end I did kiss ass, only because she told me I was going to have to a little. But nobody likes an asskisser
    Dude u need to learn alot when it comes to Women.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information