Atomini is offline Banned

They're remaking the movie Red Dawn!?

Oh my god:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234719/

Please tell me it isn't true. This is going to suck. Nothing beats the classic with Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen, why does it have to be remade?

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    I will still watch it!

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Because Hollywood ran out of fresh ideas like 3 years ago, so they just do remakes of classics and films from other countries now. None of them are good, either.

They butcher these films...like The Warriors. I can't imagine what a colossal load of crap that remake is going to be.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    its china this time not russia

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Wolverines!!!

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nooooooomoto is right, hollywood has lost it's imagination, so it "remakes" classics with their snazzy new fangled special effects for the newer generations who've never heard of the original...

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    its china this time not russia
    Yeah I was just going to mention that.

Nothing beats the Soviet Union as a big bad enemy, so they shouldn't even remake it at all.

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Every decent movie from the 80s is now being remade. Literally, every successful horror franchise movie is being remade or has been remade (Friday The 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Stepfather, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Hills Have Eyes, The Last House on the Left, etc)

and they ALL suck.

Yup and can you even believe they were going to do a remake of Escape From New York!?

And cast Gerard Butler as Snake!? WTF?!

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    I see we are using the term "classic" very loosely, when it is used in the phrase 'remaking classics from the 80's'.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    P swayze one of the most badass dudes to ever walk the planet

lifterjaydawg is offline Senior Member
    I will hope for the best

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hollywood are fvcking muppets and cant make anything worth a damn now. You have to rely on the likes of Tarantino and Rodreguez for good independent movie.

Inception was one of the most original films to come out in years and it's a shame films like that are going to be rare for now.

Quote Originally Posted by G4R View Post
    I see we are using the term "classic" very loosely, when it is used in the phrase 'remaking classics from the 80's'.
    Not classic in the sense that "The Sound of Music" is a classic. Classic in the sense that it's a film that reminds us of an era gone-by, and shouldn't be fooled with.

Like the remake of Conan, I'm severely offended by it. Have you seen the douche they are getting to play the part of Conan? Jason Momoa...

This is the guy they chose to take Arnold's place...REALLY!?

In this sense, Conan is a classic, and should not be fooled with.

When I say classic I mean films that anyone in our age group would be like "oh yeah I remember that movie!!!" when the title is mentioned. It's just not right.

It's kind of like The Expendables. It slaughtered at the box office, but if you talk to younger guys, guys who didn't grow up with the Arnold genre of movies, they don't understand the point of the film. They see it as some shitty action movie. They don't understand why The Expendables was so awesome. It was an homage to the ridiculous action films of the 80's and 90's, the genre that Arnold started.

Films like this should be preserved in the Maniverse's Vault of Time, and should not be adulterated in any shape or form.

These are films I want to cherish and preserve, and show them to my son when I have one. I want to show them to him and have him understand what it is to be a man. I don't want to show him the remake featuring the weiner dude with dreads.
    Last edited by Nooomoto; 08-27-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Some of you may not realise, but The Matrix is already 11 years old. Give it a few years and Hollywood will remake that as well.

Stigmata101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Some of you may not realise, but The Matrix is already 11 years old. Give it a few years and Hollywood will remake that as well.
    The Matrix was great....I would watch a remake of it

wanabeMASSIVE! is offline Senior Member
    WTF... re-make of Conan??? That's gonna b well shit!

I remember hearing a few years ago that Hollywood was going to remake "Point Break." I will never watch another movie if that follows through.

Quote Originally Posted by wanabeMASSIVE! View Post
    WTF... re-make of Conan??? That's gonna b well shit!
    Tell me about it, it's supposed to be coming out next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    I remember hearing a few years ago that Hollywood was going to remake "Point Break." I will never watch another movie if that follows through.
    Point Break is another awesome classic. I have it on bluray.

Neevor is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Not classic in the sense that "The Sound of Music" is a classic. Classic in the sense that it's a film that reminds us of an era gone-by, and shouldn't be fooled with.

Like the remake of Conan, I'm severely offended by it. Have you seen the douche they are getting to play the part of Conan? Jason Momoa...

This is the guy they chose to take Arnold's place...REALLY!?

In this sense, Conan is a classic, and should not be fooled with.

When I say classic I mean films that anyone in our age group would be like "oh yeah I remember that movie!!!" when the title is mentioned. It's just not right.

It's kind of like The Expendables. It slaughtered at the box office, but if you talk to younger guys, guys who didn't grow up with the Arnold genre of movies, they don't understand the point of the film. They see it as some shitty action movie. They don't understand why The Expendables was so awesome. It was an homage to the ridiculous action films of the 80's and 90's, the genre that Arnold started.

Films like this should be preserved in the Maniverse's Vault of Time, and should not be adulterated in any shape or form.

These are films I want to cherish and preserve, and show them to my son when I have one. I want to show them to him and have him understand what it is to be a man. I don't want to show him the remake featuring the weiner dude with dreads.
    Seriously!!! WTF!?!? Its insulting to pick someone who looks like that douchebag to take the place of Arnold. I mean, I personally am not against remakes if they are good. I thought Superman was a fine updated remake for example. But how could you possibly remake Conan and have it be good? I mean, the movie itself is ridiculous. The reason it was good was because Schwartzy was in it in all of his hugeness. At the time he was as big as it gets which is why everyone liked it. He really did look like a barbarian. Now they get some skinny bitch to do it.. retarded.

I just found at that they are remaking 'Fright Night'..........WTF...Think of some original ideas.

Also I heard Escape from New York was getting remade.

Seems like any twat can become a movie director these days as long as he has a movie in mind ready to rape.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Creativity in the arts has been gone for a while... movies, music... these companies need to keep their shareholders happy somehow.

Thread Information