Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomini is offline Banned

If you have a cat, do not immunize him EVERY YEAR!

My cat was just diagnosed with a golf ball sized malignant tumor right where his injection site was from only a month ago. The vet suspects in one more month, the tumor will be the size of his head.

It comes from these fvcking immunization shots, and you don't need to do them every year. Should be every 4 years.

Look up Vaccination-Associated Fibrosarcomas (VAS) tumors on google and you'll see what the deal is all about and how it's caused by these excessive vaccination shots. My cat is VERY healthy for his age (12) and I thought this lump on his shoulder was odd. Figures it only started developing a few weeks after his last shot.

Just a warning.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    ive a pixiebob and he cant get most shots (hybrid mix, lynx/american barn cat) as apparently some can kill him. i worry he'll pick something up. thts mad about the injects, you just never know. hopefully they can do summit for yours

vanduhl is offline Senior Member
    damn.....i dont own a cat but thats interesting...

Nothing I can do for my little guy...

Surgery is upwards of $2,000 and apparenty has a low chance of even getting rid of the tumor.

I don't know how much longer he has to live, and i'd hate to see him suffer and start limping months from now....

thats a nice lookin cat bro...im sorry about that shitty news ...

Yeah, half Abbysinian, half Siamese. Makes for a smart breed. I taught him to perform tricks on command: sit, fall down, roll over, jump, give paw.

Should film him doing these tricks before he dies, or before the tumor grows so much that he's limping.

deff get some vids n pics asap bro....he looks like an elegant and smart cat...

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    That sucks dude i hope things work out. Cool looking cat you have.

My mom gets her cat immunized every year with like 4 dif shots. I can't talk her out of it because she has some mental stuff going on. I will give it another shot after reading this though.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Bro sorry to hear, I hope all goes well. I have two cats, one of them looks exactly like yours, half persian, half siamese, smart little guy. My cats are both indoors and they haven't seen the vet since their first batch of shots when they were both kittens (they are 6 and 5 now). Try consulting with a few vets, another vet might have a different opinion.

Blog Entries
    thts awful mate, like hoggage said, try afew diff opinions. good luck

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear.

My kitty say hellooooooooooooooooo

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    I just lost a bengal to unneeded shots. A lot of purebreeds don't need all the shots they're given; especially if they are indoor only cats.

If I ever own another, I'll know better next time.

Sorry about your cat bro.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    comedy cat, he actually sits in this position and watches tv.

If you have a cat, do not immunize him EVERY YEAR!-ozzie.jpg

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ozzie.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	109734
    hahaha....my cat does that!

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    I just lost a bengal to unneeded shots. A lot of purebreeds don't need all the shots they're given; especially if they are indoor only cats.

If I ever own another, I'll know better next time.

Sorry about your cat bro.
    Yeah I have done a lot of reading up on it, and vet clinics like to give out these shots like candy only because it costs $100 per shot, and its a big cash flow for them if they do it as much as they can. Of course they never tell you about the risks of doing it.

The area they do it in cats also causes issues. The injection site they use for cats is something like behind the shoulder blade, which increases the risk of things like this.

I've been doing a lot of reading and it seems like there are certain supplements you can give cats that will help their immune systems fight the growing cancer. Cancer is caused by a lack of immune ability, and the positive feedback on a lot of these producs state that the tumors either decreased in size, went away completely, or they stopped growing (but didn't get any smaller either) however the animal was still healthy. I'm going to try this out and see. No harm in doing this, as there's really not much else I can try here.

I read one story about a dog owner in India who's dog got a tumor that was growing pretty fast. Apparently he fed the dog loads and loads of Tumeric over the course of months, as tumeric is a strong antioxidant, and the growths went away.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    Yeah I have done a lot of reading up on it, and vet clinics like to give out these shots like candy only because it costs $100 per shot, and its a big cash flow for them if they do it as much as they can. Of course they never tell you about the risks of doing it.

The area they do it in cats also causes issues. The injection site they use for cats is something like behind the shoulder blade, which increases the risk of things like this.

I've been doing a lot of reading and it seems like there are certain supplements you can give cats that will help their immune systems fight the growing cancer. Cancer is caused by a lack of immune ability, and the positive feedback on a lot of these producs state that the tumors either decreased in size, went away completely, or they stopped growing (but didn't get any smaller either) however the animal was still healthy. I'm going to try this out and see. No harm in doing this, as there's really not much else I can try here.

I read one story about a dog owner in India who's dog got a tumor that was growing pretty fast. Apparently he fed the dog loads and loads of Tumeric over the course of months, as tumeric is a strong antioxidant, and the growths went away.
    vets are right up there with mechanics, take an arm and a leg of ppl. the vet my dogs and cat go to seemed to need alot of unnessecary follow up visits etc, i dont trust em much

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    hahaha....my cat does that!
    lol, all they need is a cig and a six pack

Hey all, I found a 3 year old video of me telling him to do a trick and I uploaded it to youtube for you all to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-FquaIdN7A

This was in 2007 I think. I thought I deleted the clip long ago. Just uploaded it so i'm not sure if it will show yet.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hey all, I found a 3 year old video of me telling him to do a trick and I uploaded it to youtube for you all to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-FquaIdN7A

This was in 2007 I think. I thought I deleted the clip long ago. Just uploaded it so i'm not sure if it will show yet.
    haha good stuff

♥Purity♣ is offline Female Member
    Is this also goes for dogs?

Vettester is offline Banned
    We have purebred Bengals. We do not give them any of those shots either, as we discovered the harm associated with them many years ago.

If you have a cat, do not immunize him EVERY YEAR!-021.jpg

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

Name:	Ozzie.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	109734
    They say if a cat watches TV he is more than likely a little mentally retarded/slow. Cats normal vision is to fast and does not sync up with the TV refresh rate or something like that.

I have had many cats over the years. Most all are outside or at least once they are no longer babies. I have only ever had one cat fixed and shots; he ran away shortly after and became the neighbors cat.

Cats are OK because most of the time they dont leave their poop in YOUR yard and at least make the attempt to cover it, unlike dogs.... but bottom line they are still cats, animals. They come and go. I wont get cats shots or license again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    They say if a cat watches TV he is more than likely a little mentally retarded/slow. Cats normal vision is to fast and does not sync up with the TV refresh rate or something like that.

I have had many cats over the years. Most all are outside or at least once they are no longer babies. I have only ever had one cat fixed and shots; he ran away shortly after and became the neighbors cat.

Cats are OK because most of the time they dont leave their poop in YOUR yard and at least make the attempt to cover it, unlike dogs.... but bottom line they are still cats, animals. They come and go. I wont get cats shots or license again.
    oh hes def not slow at all! one of the most clever pets ive ever had infact pixiebobs are more dog like in their behaviour and will mimic what their masters do, he follows me everywhere around house like a lost puppy, tidies away his toys etc. they really are a unique breed, google em for info, they are a relatively new breed of hybrid american cats

Quote Originally Posted by ♥Purity♣ View Post
    Is this also goes for dogs?
    Yes, do some reading up on VAS. It goes for dogs as well (and other animals too).

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    We have purebred Bengals. We do not give them any of those shots either, as we discovered the harm associated with them many years ago.

Name:	021.JPG 
Views:	306 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	109759
    What a beauty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine-associated_sarcoma

"Also in 2003, a study in Italy compared fibrosarcomas in dogs from injection sites and non-injection sites to VAS in cats, and found distinct similarities between the injection site tumors in dogs and VAS in cats. This suggests that VAS may occur in dogs.[6]"

"The incidence of VAS is between 1 in 1000 to 1 in 10000 vaccinated cats and has been found to be dose-dependent.[1] The time from vaccination to tumor formation varies from three months to eleven years.[9]"

My god, 1 in a thousand to one in ten thousand! Could you imagine if those were the odds for humans getting tumors from vaccinations? Nobody would stand for that. The vet industry should be hung, fvcking greedy bastards.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    oh hes def not slow at all! one of the most clever pets ive ever had infact pixiebobs are more dog like in their behaviour and will mimic what their masters do, he follows me everywhere around house like a lost puppy, tidies away his toys etc. they really are a unique breed, google em for info, they are a relatively new breed of hybrid american cats
    OK yes hybrids are different and something like that I would consider more of a pet than an ordinary cat. I like the idea of owning a hybrid cat, they can be cool.

I have a friend who use to have a 1/2 bobcat and it ripped the crap out of German Shepard who was attaching the family chiwawa. LOL The owners treid to sew them but the judge laughed it out of court. Cat beat up large dog who was attaching chiwawa on the cats property.

LGM

Name:	021.JPG 
Views:	306 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	109759
    Nice markings on that one. I had a snow and a cinnamon (orange); they both died way too early.

It's the FeLV shot that is the worst for Bengals apparently. Are yours fully domesticated, or are they still F class? (first four generations from it's wild ancestor are considered F class).

Nice markings on that one. I had a snow and a cinnamon (orange); they both died way too early.

It's the FeLV shot that is the worst for Bengals apparently. Are yours fully domesticated, or are they still F class? (first four generations from it's wild ancestor are considered F class).
    We have one F4, and the other two are beyond (SBT). The F4 still has a lot of wild attributes to her. Here's a pic of the male (top) & another female (bottom). The female is show quality.

If you have a cat, do not immunize him EVERY YEAR!-img_1868.jpg

LGM
    We have one F4, and the other two are beyond (SBT). The F4 still has a lot of wild attributes to her. Here's a pic of the male (top) & another female (bottom). The female is show quality.

Name:	IMG_1868.JPG 
Views:	243 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	109764
    I'll say. Nice rosettes on her. (that sounds dirty.) lol...

Yours catch bugs, sit on the top of doors, or otherwise get in the highest spot in the house to watch you? Mine used to either sit in the open window all day, or sit on the fridge and watch me all day. Talked a lot too.

OP, my heart goes out to you. I know how difficult this situation is. Our male bengal (photo above) almost died after eating poisonous food from a major feed producer. This was about 4 years ago when all that stuff was going on about bad pet food coming China. Our male was on kidney dialysis and barely made it through. My wife and I were just devastated during that time.

Our sincerity goes out to you!

I'll say. Nice rosettes on her. (that sounds dirty.) lol...

Yours catch bugs, sit on the top of doors, or otherwise get in the highest spot in the house to watch you? Mine used to either sit in the open window all day, or sit on the fridge and watch me all day. Talked a lot too.
    Yes, very active, very smart, and quite the predators! Fact: Their night vision in conjunction with the Asian Leopard is considered to be the best of all cats. I've put it to the test with our F4. She has attacked toy mice in my hand with pinpoint accuracy when it is basically pitch dark to me. I can't see my own hand, yet she will dart across the room and hit the target dead-on!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    OK yes hybrids are different and something like that I would consider more of a pet than an ordinary cat. I like the idea of owning a hybrid cat, they can be cool.

I have a friend who use to have a 1/2 bobcat and it ripped the crap out of German Shepard who was attaching the family chiwawa. LOL The owners treid to sew them but the judge laughed it out of court. Cat beat up large dog who was attaching chiwawa on the cats property.
    yeah mine is 1/2 bobcat and half american barn cat. funny story on the dog lol, my dalmatian bitch wondered in2 the house once as id left the door ajar, big mistake, the cat was on her in seconds and had her pinned and crying in a corner, and shes a seriously strong, boisterous athletic dog!!

tjax03 is offline Associate Member
    My cat was just diagnosed with a golf ball sized malignant tumor right where his injection site was from only a month ago. The vet suspects in one more month, the tumor will be the size of his head.

It comes from these fvcking immunization shots, and you don't need to do them every year. Should be every 4 years.

Look up Vaccination-Associated Fibrosarcomas (VAS) tumors on google and you'll see what the deal is all about and how it's caused by these excessive vaccination shots. My cat is VERY healthy for his age (12) and I thought this lump on his shoulder was odd. Figures it only started developing a few weeks after his last shot.

Just a warning.
    I'm really sorry to hear about your cat. I have two cats, one of which looks very similar to yours. I picked them both up at the shelter when they were only two weeks old and I bottle fed them until they were able to eat on their own. The one that looks like yours actually has had some weird lumps on the back of his leg since after he was vaccinated. The vet said the lumps are eosinophilic granulomas, or some sort of allergic reaction, but who knows if they are related or not. They still come and go although they don't appear to get worse. Thanks for providing this info. I plan on keeping cats as pets for the rest of my life so I will always keep your post in mind.

panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    I feel for you op. I love cats dogs any animal really, my wife and I have 3 cats and are quite worried because some sick twisted individual round our way has poisoned and killed over 30 cats by leaving bowls of antifreeze down for the cats to drink as the sweet smell attracts them or so the local paper says. My neighbourscat came home ill the other week and died shortly after of poisoning. Shame if I catch the cruel sick they will see the hairy side of my palm

Quote Originally Posted by panntastic View Post
    I feel for you op. I love cats dogs any animal really, my wife and I have 3 cats and are quite worried because some sick twisted individual round our way has poisoned and killed over 30 cats by leaving bowls of antifreeze down for the cats to drink as the sweet smell attracts them or so the local paper says. My neighbourscat came home ill the other week and died shortly after of poisoning. Shame if I catch the cruel sick they will see the hairy side of my palm
    That is really odd, because most of the time cats can smell chemicals through things even if it's masked a great deal and won't touch it. At least my cat can...

My aunt's cat kept licking up water in the bathroom that had tilex in it, and ended up having liver failure so I guess some cats aren't as good at detecting chemicals in smells as others...

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I believe vets are like mechanics in a way. You have to find one that you trust. I hope the best for your cat atomini.

kiwidave1 is offline Junior Member
    Sorry to hear bro. we had to put down our cat of 12 last month after he suddenly became ill. Sucks bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information