Thread: Blood Pressure

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Blood Pressure

I was just wondering about your on and off blood pressures.
    Mine is normally high on the low number.
    Off cycle - just checked it twice: 135 / 95 and 140 / 90 (35 yrs old)
    I dont normally keep track of past reading but ive never seen my lower number below 80.
    Anyway what are you numbers? / age

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    I dont know, mine is all over the place. Sometimes the doc will be like WTF?? TO high but It always when I have worked the night before and been up for 20+ hrs and had a couple triple espressos.

I just tell them to check the last couple appointments before that and all is well.

A couple years ago the doctor tried starting me in medication for cholesterol, high blood pressure and ??? I got them and they are still sitting in my medicine cabinet. That's around the same time I said I can either get old and start all the meds to a down hill spiral or do something about it. Here I am now.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 08-29-2010 at 04:06 AM.

maxdose is offline Junior Member
    The diastolic number is a little on the high side, I would try to get that down.
    Hawthorn, Fish oil, coq10 are all very effective at helping.
    Also depends on your bodyweight-higher weight will usually have higher numbers.

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I use Coq10 and fish oil .
    Cardio is your friend .
    0 caffeine is the key for me . < still perfecting this one ....

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdose View Post
    The diastolic number is a little on the high side, I would try to get that down.
    Hawthorn, Fish oil, coq10 are all very effective at helping.
    Also depends on your bodyweight-higher weight will usually have higher numbers.
    I ate like 45 minutes before they took it - I bet that jacked it a little.
    I big old beef burger and chicken.
    I am currently 95 KGs.

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dont wanna be old View Post
    I use Coq10 and fish oil .
    Cardio is your friend .
    0 caffeine is the key for me . < still perfecting this one ....
    Didn't know Caffeine would raise it - dang i drink a lot of coffee - espresso - how much of an effect can it have?

maxdose is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeroyB View Post
    Didn't know Caffeine would raise it - dang i drink a lot of coffee - espresso - how much of an effect can it have?
    It definitely does-I cannot use clen or any thermogenics anymore at all.
    People blame AAS on high BP but pound on thermos like there's no tommorow, personally I think staying on those for extended periods is a big reason for higher BP problems.
    How much of an effect is usually gonna be dose dependent and a bit to do with genetic tolerances.
    As Dontwannabeold said- cardio is another big element to controlling it.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    128/92 off
    140s/90s on at times

vanduhl is offline Senior Member
    400/189 this morning

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vanduhl View Post
    400/189 this morning
    ??? Wth

BIGB is offline Associate Member
    Any stimulant will raise it, any sedative will lower it. BP is very basic more resisitance = higher bp and less resistance = lower more Beta1 and beta 2 stimulant = higher, anything with Benzo effect drug type lower, or calcium channel blockers beta blockers will lower as well, loop diuretics = lower, lots salt = higher bp due to more fluid in the system pretty vague explanation but if more is needed ask. BP 101

i've seen people with 280 systolic not a good situation, hypertensive crises occur when a bp is 200/130.

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGB View Post
    Any stimulant will raise it, any sedative will lower it. BP is very basic more resisitance = higher bp and less resistance = lower more Beta1 and beta 2 stimulant = higher, anything with Benzo effect drug type lower, or calcium channel blockers beta blockers will lower as well, loop diuretics = lower, lots salt = higher bp due to more fluid in the system pretty vague explanation but if more is needed ask. BP 101
    Thanks Man - shed some serious light on the topic for me.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Beta blockers help a lot with blood pressure. I was given mine for my PTSD but I read that many bodybuilders actually use them on-cycle to lower the high blood pressure. I've never used it for this purpose, as I want to save them for when I really need them during PTSD flare-ups.

Keep in mind they will also block effects of clen if you have high BP from clen. Clen activates beta receptors in the body - beta blockers BLOCK beta receptors. Pretty simple. Beta blockers are actually used in medical practice to combat clenbuterol poisoning in asthma patients who have overdosed to the point of dangerous levels on clen.

olderfella is offline Associate Member
    My bp is usually hi anywhere from 150/100 to 180/120 despite being on perindopril my doc had me stop smokin, eatingwot i liked i even stopped roids for a while, all to no avail i have taken to drinkin beetroot juice as well as med from the docs as the nitrates in it are supposed to lower bp will let you know if its workin when i go back for a check,i dont want to appear stupid but how can someone who ways 252 have the same pressure as a person weighing half that?

weight is only one aspect to blood pressure, you pressure could rise if being a long term smoker you can develope pulmonary hypertension due to air trapping in the lungs caused by copd generally emphysema which causes your body to have to increase it's pressure gradient so o2 can diffuse across the barrier, which would increase bp, or high cholesterol lot of cholesterol build up gotta get the blood throw a smaller opening need more pressure. or hardning of the arteries so when your heart pumps the hoses dont expanded and contract causing a consistenly high bp, on the diastolic and systolic end.higher diastolic = more pressure needed to overcome resting prssures

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    BIGB -
    What, if anything, effects the diastolic more than the high number.
    Most time I get my BP check the doc says my High number is Fine, Low number is bad.
    BUT I have been like that all my life - higher than normal low number?
    Thanks!

To be honest there is a million reason why it is high, But it could be you just need higher pressure to close the semilunar valves that prevent blood from backing up into the heart and lungs but thats a big guess, or you could just have to much fluid in the system cut out all salts that will eliminate some of the fluid. or your Renin angiotensin system is to active all guesses.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    On the highest its been is 130/75. Immediately took action to lower it. Garlic, potassium, etc.

Usually and is now b/w 100-110/60-70

Thread Information