View Poll Results: Do you record your lifts

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I record my lifts so I see my progress going up

20 62.50%
  • No I do not record my lifts I just push it to the limit or remember my weights/reps

12 37.50%
    cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Poll Do you record your lifts

Do you guys record your lifts? Reason I ask is I find that I go up in weight and reps more often if I look down at that book and say lets beat last week. But then I know a lot of pros and semi pros don't need to record anything they just push it to the limit every time. So I wanted to see.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yup. I log everything from macros to work volume to sleep time.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    nope..... no logs or anything. I honestly can't be bothered with it. I do a lot of mind/muscle lifting and go as heavy as I can while still feeling the contractions and using proper form. I can't log everything because some weeks I need to go lighter - I can't always go balls to the wall and beat my precious week.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Not as hardcore as HitIt. Just have a book with my exercises and my reps. Have 8 columns beside each exercise so I can see my progress over 8 weeks. I use to train on my memory but I see much better progress keeping a log.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    I think the little chicken head who record his lifts is an ass....(no offense)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    I think the little chicken head who record his lifts is an ass....(no offense)
    Dont make me go internet tough guy on you.. no one has to know im 178 lbs right now lol

please get laid.....

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    Dont make me go internet tough guy on you.. no one has to know im 178 lbs right now lol
    on a serious note I never did record I just remember everyhthing when it comes to BB...remind me that 6 packs Blondie is not showing to work out little cvnt.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    I find it very useful to keep a log.

Harry Manback is offline Junior Member
    I plan on starting to record lifts tonight...a change of pace

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I don't record anything. I just put weight on the bar and..... Curl it at the squat rack

senorsalt is offline Associate Member
    nice avatar pic harry.. yes i record my lifts. I use my ipod touch. A fitness program on there i bought for cheap tracks everything I do. pretty simple to use and very helpful.

vanduhl is offline Senior Member
    no records for me.....

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazard View Post
    nope..... No logs or anything. I honestly can't be bothered with it. I do a lot of mind/muscle lifting and go as heavy as i can while still feeling the contractions and using proper form. I can't log everything because some weeks i need to go lighter - i can't always go balls to the wall and beat my precious week.

~haz~
    x2..

Idunno.... this just seems so freakin technical.....

none of the guys i know use logs..... i don't use logs..... keep it friggin simple. Go by what your body is telling you..... if it needs a light day.... make it a light day! If you feel great and wanna blast the weight..... do it! A log wont change that..... and if you get trapped into your log and want to beat the week before but don't feel good - you're doing more harm than good IMO.

Then again.... we're all different

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Hey Haz,

Why don't you try logging for 2 months? Not hard to do and you can see if it makes a difference for you. Who knows, maybe you'll like it?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I used to.

Now I'm with Haz.

I have so many other things going on in my life, I find getting too obsessive about my log book or being off my diet by one macro was tending to be counter productive.

vanduhl is offline Senior Member
    i see the douches with their notbooks..leavin em all over the place..."u still usin this bench bro?" "NAHHH MAN" . . . .ok then get ur fukkin logbook the fukk off of it......jeez louise bro

Stigmata101 is offline Senior Member
    I log reps and weight....I like to be able to look back and see the progress I'm making. I have my own gym so I can leave my book where ever I want. Only prob is I'm always losing it.

olderfella is offline Associate Member
    Never bother to log anything dont see th point personally

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vanduhl View Post
    i see the douches with their notbooks..leavin em all over the place..."u still usin this bench bro?" "NAHHH MAN" . . . .ok then get ur fukkin logbook the fukk off of it......jeez louise bro
    lol i can relate

Some asshat left his water bottle on the leg lift / dips tower. In my head i'm like WHAT THE F was the point of that. I mean leaving your water bottle on the thing. Oh were you trying to hold your pin in the weight stack? (there was no weight stack.. its the dips tower like seriously wtf). I walk over to it and normally I would never do this but I move his water bottle off the ****in thing. He breaks convo with somebody else to come over and act like he's gonna do a set i'm like "yo can i get a set in real quick" cause I was just that annoyed that somebody would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ReX357 View Post
    Hey Haz,

Why don't you try logging for 2 months? Not hard to do and you can see if it makes a difference for you. Who knows, maybe you'll like it?
    I logged back in highschool when my coach made me..... hated it. I'm making the best progress I ever have now that i'm listening to my body.

I know where I started out..... I couldn't bench 135lbs. Now that I see myself benching 315+ pounds I know i've made some great progress. Don't need a log book to tell me that

I do take LOTS of pictures tho..... I don't file them or anything but I do keep track of the way I look. That's mostly got to do with my huge ego tho

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Blog Entries
    Oh so you do pics a lot haz to keep you focused? Do you keep a before pic next to the after or do you just keep a lot of your recent jacked pics around?

Also I wanted to ask you dude. Like I was doing reverse grip 21's with a preacher bar and I started failing yesterday. So anyway in my head im like I can be a bitch and put the bar down or I can take a few breaths and finish the set. But man I was dying by the end. Somebody big like you do you take it to that level sometimes or a lot? You know what I mean? Like you want to put the friggin weight down but you won't concede defeat.

Oh so you do pics a lot haz to keep you focused? Do you keep a before pic next to the after or do you just keep a lot of your recent jacked pics around?

Also I wanted to ask you dude. Like I was doing reverse grip 21's with a preacher bar and I started failing yesterday. So anyway in my head im like I can be a bitch and put the bar down or I can take a few breaths and finish the set. But man I was dying by the end. Somebody big like you do you take it to that level sometimes or a lot? You know what I mean? Like you want to put the friggin weight down but you won't concede defeat.
    A lot of my pics are from within the last 12-18 months..... I'm a lot more serious about bodybuilding now than i've ever been. I keep pictures more so I know i'm not getting fat. I keep adding weight but as long as I cans till see abs i'm happy.

About the workin out..... I know what you mean. There are days when the lactic acid just hurts sooo much but I fight through another 2-3 reps. I have those mental battles with myself all the time LOL.... sometimes I'll decide i'm only gunna do 10 reps and then when I get to rep #9 it's not burning enough so i decided to do 14. then by rep 12 I feel like i'm dying but I push through as best I can.....

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I love a log book, enjoy the fight of beating it.

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Never have and probably never will. Too much work for me.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vanduhl View Post
    x2 I hear that. Sorry guys but benches (especially the ones you ARENT using) are not for your little log books, water bottles, juice box or your back pack because you are to lazy to use a locker.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    i just lift i don't record!

goodlifting is offline Associate Member
    my memory is gone so i have to log. i mostly log how a weight felt when i did it for a set.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Since i workout by myself i log it to ensure im not slacking off. When i look like Haz ill stop logging.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Since i workout by myself i log it to ensure im not slacking off. When i look like Haz ill stop logging.
    I'm flattered..... kiss me

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    i just lift i don't record!
    I have a good idea what I did last time I performed this exercise .
    My problem is workouts depends on energy left from variable's of a hard days work .
    I'm just glad I made it to the gym .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Hahaha I want to look like Haz or KP someday.. theres some other stacked dudes on here too not to leave anyone out but these guys are diesel

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Most of the time I log, and the book goes on the floor not the bench lol. Lately i'm feeling burnt out so putting the book away for a while. I like to mix things up occasionally.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    About the workin out..... I know what you mean. There are days when the lactic acid just hurts sooo much but I fight through another 2-3 reps. I have those mental battles with myself all the time LOL.... sometimes I'll decide i'm only gunna do 10 reps and then when I get to rep #9 it's not burning enough so i decided to do 14. then by rep 12 I feel like i'm dying but I push through as best I can.....

~Haz~
    Thats badass. My new thing lately is I try to pick a number beyond what my body is capable of for the reps. I end up having to use a little body english at the very end, but I get an insane pump.

Blog Entries
    Hahaha I want to look like Haz or KP someday.. theres some other stacked dudes on here too not to leave anyone out but these guys are diesel
    For a while I thought I wanted to look like cal but then I figured Id get tired of walking around with that bag on my head

Reed..... I'm aiming to look like him. A couple more years of hard work and hopefully i'll be close. There's plenty of guys on here that are way bigger..... Reed, Marcus, Cgb6810..... etc.

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

For a while I thought I wanted to look like cal but then I figured Id get tired of walking around with that bag on my head
    LMFAO! Cal got burned

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Im logging at the moment simply because im trying out DC training and that is the whole point of it

Thread Information