LawMan018 is offline Senior Member

Air Force Rant!!!

I'm over the military. As a fireman we are required to do a 6 month stint up in the alarm room at my base at a certain point in time. Well my time came last month... I did it for a month, and then the schedule changed at the beginning of this month. With the schedule change I get only one day off during the week (as opposed to our regular 2) while another guy ends up getting 4 days off (NCOIC up here could have worked out everyones fairly quite easily).
    This upcoming week I'm getting thrown back down on the floor for a "traveling" class they have coming through for hazmat after my "one" day off on Tuesday. Now, seeing as how I've already completed the online portion of Hazmat and taken my first pre-test and scored quite well, I find it pointless to do this class for a month which will be the same thing except "not" online. So basically, they're wasting money.
    And to top it all off my mother-in-law who I'm quite fond of came in today and she'll be here till next Saturday and the trip we had planned had to get cancelled because they gave me a 2 days notice even though they knew for quite awhile about this class. Not to mention they told me they can't give me a day of leave next week, yet they're letting the numbers drop to 13 on the floor (as opposed to 16-17 daily) without charging them leave.
    Alright, that's about it. I'm extremely pissed off about this whole situation. I know it's the "military" and all, however, what blew my lid off was the fact they knew about the class and could have informed me so I could have had my mother-in-law come out at a later date, and the fact that they can't give me a day of leave next week yet are letting 4 people go on Monday without leave charged. Air Force ---> <--- Me

spoken_truth is offline Associate Member
    damn man sorry to hear all that...keep your head up though man...they can only beat ya down so much...

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Oh how I miss it so.....

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    Oh how I miss it so.....
    Haha I can't wait to be able to say that... Unofrtunately I signed up for 6 years...

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018 View Post
    Haha I can't wait to be able to say that... Unofrtunately I signed up for 6 years...
    Well, didn't I tell you not to do that?

But it's true what they say: It's over before you know it, and believe it or not you'll miss all that bullshit.

Thread Information