A7X
    A7X is offline Junior Member

Just been arrested...

I was at a high school football game and some punk kid tried picking a fight and a few words were exchanged than I found out he was a minor so I decied just to leave the situation. When I was on my way out of the football field 4 men approched me and wouldnt let me leave than they started yelling and grabbing me and one slamed and held me into the gate. I told them that I just wanted to leave and told him that I could bench press him so for him not to touch me again, then he said that I was threating him and he was going to press charges. I did not touch them and they finaly let me leave the field.

The police were outside an officer came up to me and yelled for me to tell him my name i told him to ask me nicer and than him and 2 other men grabbed me and they started yelling to mace thats when i just gave in and let them arrest me, but they never told me that I was being arrested until they all grabbed me and I dont know why I was even arrested in the first place. I am being charged with Disorderly Conduct, Resisting Arrest, and Obstrution to Justice.

I honeslty dont know why i was charged or what these charges mean. Think i should get a lawyer? My fines are 1540 right now is it worth a lawyer? Any help would be nice.

A7X

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by A7X View Post
    I was at a high school football game and some punk kid tried picking a fight and a few words were exchanged than I found out he was a minor so I decied just to leave the situation. When I was on my way out of the football field 4 men approched me and wouldnt let me leave than they started yelling and grabbing me and one slamed and held me into the gate. I told them that I just wanted to leave and told him that I could bench press him so for him not to touch me again, then he said that I was threating him and he was going to press charges. I did not touch them and they finaly let me leave the field.

The police were outside an officer came up to me and yelled for me to tell him my name i told him to ask me nicer and than him and 2 other men grabbed me and they started yelling to mace thats when i just gave in and let them arrest me, but they never told me that I was being arrested until they all grabbed me and I dont know why I was even arrested in the first place. I am being charged with Disorderly Conduct, Resisting Arrest, and Obstrution to Justice.

I honeslty dont know why i was charged or what these charges mean. Think i should get a lawyer? My fines are 1540 right now is it worth a lawyer? Any help would be nice.

A7X
    lol that made me laugh.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Don't talk to anyone and get a lawyer ASAP.

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    Relax this is a simple mister miner they might just drop all charges unless you are on probation or something.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Dont trip A7X This is one I can give good advice on. Why you were arrested is simple, you obviously were the second party to speak with the cops,(the kid or the other guys told there story first) and it sounds like you gave them a little shit,soooo that makes you GUILTY in thier eyes..Anyways that is just common b.s. from cops.As far as yor charges go in my experience(s) they always charge you with multiple charges because lawyers can find reasons to get (1) charge dismissed easily.
    Then the courts would not make any money..By charging you with multiple charges you will be forced to plead guilty to the lesser of the three evils..with the understanding that the other charges will be dropped.Most likely it will end up costing you $300-700 for fines/court costs and put on some kind of summary probation..Or you can plead not guilty and they will set a trial date which is a big waste of your time and money cuz once THE MAN got a hold of you they are gonna get some money from you..Plus if you take to trial and lose the judge usually imposes the max penilty for wasting his time...Sorry to tell you this but that is just the way our lovely judicial system works..Oh by the way stick with a P.D. (public defender) unless you want to take it to trial.Get it over with and go on with your life and just chalk it up to another victim of the system..Good luck!!!

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    OP after this thing is settled make sure u burn that mofo's car...and fvck his gf and his mother too make sure u dont leave any dna.

walkerls1 is offline Banned = Swifto's bitch!
    that sucks

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

A7X
    This is my first time in trouble and the main thing i want off is resiting arrest. I hear that can mess me over in the long run. But i dont see how i can get that off cause i did kinda struggle with the police. But in my defense i didnt even know i was being arrested i started struggling when some guy (i dont even think he was a cop) put me in a choke hold and than one person grabbed one arm and then another grabbed the other. I stopped stuggleing when the one officer told the other to mace me.

I do remember asking why im being arrested, which they wouldnt tell me. Than i heard the officers talking and asking each other what they could charge me for other than resisint arrest. I guess this is what i get for living in redneck ville arkansas.

Now as far as a lawyer or public defender i really dont know whichone to use. if u guys think i have a case ill pay the extra and get a personal lawyer if you think its no big deal than ill jsut use the p.d and hope than some thing gets dropped and fines reduced a bit.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    What you should do is go back to the next football game sweep the kids leg get him on the ground and start bench pressing him. Then when he says "WHAT THE FK IS GOING ON?" you say "This is not justice.. no .. this is punishment"

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    and 2 other men grabbed me and they started yelling to mace thats when i just gave in and
    well the reason you are having problems is not because of the system...it's clear by your own words that you were in the wrong... next time...to waste your time talking sh*t. Get in your car and leave. If they start somethign it's different. And when a policy officer even breathes on you, you go with it. YOU DON"T FIGHT. If it took them mentioning mace for you to go with them then you WERE RESISTING. I'm assuming by this that you are late teens early 20's so it's expected not to think things through alittle. But next time be smart about it.

A7X
    I do not believe i should bee followed to my car by ppl and have the police waitn for me there. I was TRYING to leave the whole time and thats what i kept telling them. Now for resisting arrest yes i can understand where i was in the wrong on that one but a police officer is not suppose to go into a situation with a bias out look... i am innocent until proven guilty so they can not come up there and just arrest me with out even talking to me about anything.

Futher more officers are suppose to conduct them selves in a professional manor and not appoch someone yelling at them. There was no violence other than me being slamed into a fence until the officers came. And then the officers were violent. There is NO law saying that i cant ask for an officer to talk to me and not yell at me.

I have been asking around about this particular officer (since its a small town everyone knows everyone) and he is in question with alot of his actions such as drinking with minors ect...

Now i am asking not wheather i was right or wrong (because clearly there was wrong on both parts) but weather or not if i need a lawyer or just stick with the P.D.

A7X
    That brings up another question about leaving how come they were not allowing me to leave? There was no fight i was leaving so there wouldnt be one? They knew there was no fight so are they allowed to grab me and try and keep me some where against my will when no crime has been commited?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

A7X
    I would NEVER go in front of a court without a lawyer.
    A good one can make miracles happen. Well worth the $$$
    in my opinion.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I do everything the police tell me to....everything.

Stigmata101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    nice...

V8Assassin is offline Junior Member
    Can you even get a PD? Most judges will tell you if you can afford a car, a house, and have a job there is no reason for them to give you a free lawyer. You have the right to have an attorney represent you, but that does not mean the state will pay for it. The key is "if you cannot afford one"...

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    That brings up another question about leaving how come they were not allowing me to leave? There was no fight i was leaving so there wouldnt be one? They knew there was no fight so are they allowed to grab me and try and keep me some where against my will when no crime has been commited?
    Slammed into the fence? That's assault right there. Start pressing charges. When they start realizing how dumb they are, they'll drop the charges. And yes lawyer up, if you're going to war, you gotta be ready.

Only reason they could of arrested you is if you uttered threats or death threats. Since it's not part of the charges, I don't think they had grounds to arrest you.

The charges won't stick in court.

Make sure you show up in a suit, you present yourself like a respectable member of society, don't slouch on your chair. Talk to your lawyer to see if you should take the stand or not. Also ask if you could have an opening statement or something to that effect where you can tell your story without being interrupted by an aggressive DA.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Get a lawyer. I agree the cops busted you cause you talked to them second. Any witnesses you have would help. Your lawyer could probabaly get the cops to drop the charges as it sounds like they were being pricks. I think in the end the charges will get dropped. The guy who held you to the gate then went to the cops cause you said something in one big ***** in my opinion.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Get a lawyer and let them put you on the stand ONLY IF YOU CAN BE HUMBLE. People will hear it in your voice if you think that you did no wrong...things like I noticed "then I let them arrest me" that does not come across good.

And I'm sorry, you must be white no offense...most of us minorities know that you better do what ever the cops ask as fast as you can. Let the lawyer sort it out and say yes sir, no sir, thank you sir when they let you go and blame what happens on you. Cops are not honorable or professional. Once you know that, you can deal with them better. Sorry you had to deal with what us minorities have to deal with all the time.

P.S. Minority cops harrass us minorties the most...no idea why.

walkerls1 is offline Banned = Swifto's bitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy View Post

P.S. Minority cops harrass us minorties the most...no idea why.
    That's because they know you're up to no good. It was too easy.

A7X
    I talked to my buddy who is in law school (his last year of it) and he told me since i never was told im being arrested and after i was arrested i was they never told me why until and since no rights were ever read its like a viloation to my 6th admendment....

Can some one explain this a little more to me? I never thought charges could be dropped over maranda technicalities...

NMacFar is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I do everything the police tell me to....everything.
    But you didn't say anything. hahaha.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    First of all,In a perfect world there would not be any starving children,poverty etc...So all that "my rights,they arent allowed to,my first ammendment rights,innocent until proven guilty shit" is exactly that SHIT!!!! In your first post you did not mention that you physically fought with the police,That is a differant story than talking back....You might want to retain council given this new info..I wouldnt concentrate on what they did wrong ,because you are fighting a battle that you cant win unless you got money like OJ Simpson or something.talk to your legal council (P.D. or P.A.- private attorney) and get there take on what they think you can beat or not beat start from there and stop listening to us here at the A.R...LOL... Good luck and say hi to Bubba..JK!!!!!

kiwidave1 is offline Junior Member
    ............told him that I could bench press him so for him not to touch me again...........

The police were outside an officer came up to me ........ i told him to ask me nicer

A7X
    Holy Shit dude, you sound like an ass just looking to get prison raped.

First rule of not get arrested, don't lip of to the cops.

Second rule of not get arrested, don't think you can win a size competition with a cop, his (or hers) is always bigger.
    Last edited by kiwidave1; 09-13-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Dont trip A7X This is one I can give good advice on. Why you were arrested is simple, you obviously were the second party to speak with the cops,(the kid or the other guys told there story first) and it sounds like you gave them a little shit,soooo that makes you GUILTY in thier eyes..Anyways that is just common b.s. from cops.As far as yor charges go in my experience(s) they always charge you with multiple charges because lawyers can find reasons to get (1) charge dismissed easily.
    Then the courts would not make any money..By charging you with multiple charges you will be forced to plead guilty to the lesser of the three evils..with the understanding that the other charges will be dropped.Most likely it will end up costing you $300-700 for fines/court costs and put on some kind of summary probation..Or you can plead not guilty and they will set a trial date which is a big waste of your time and money cuz once THE MAN got a hold of you they are gonna get some money from you..Plus if you take to trial and lose the judge usually imposes the max penilty for wasting his time...Sorry to tell you this but that is just the way our lovely judicial system works..Oh by the way stick with a P.D. (public defender) unless you want to take it to trial.Get it over with and go on with your life and just chalk it up to another victim of the system..Good luck!!!
    This is good advice. Its not really about who is guilty or innocent. They want to see you pay into the system. Rather it means you hire their (the judges) lawyer buddy to defend you or pay fines to pay the judges salary. Its a racquet my man. I can't tell you how much I despise our system, but its the one in place so you will have to get used to it.

Thread Information