LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned

An Ethical Debate

When I train with a partner, I train with a well-known WNFB (natural) pro bodybuilder with contracts from a few very solid supplent companies. He is also (what I consider) a very good friend.

Yesterday, he pulled me aside and informed me that over the past 3 years, he has been taking HGH, hence cheating the system. He felt no remorse in his winning (4 first places in 5 shows) because he 'knows' many of the others are doing it too. Obviosuly, HGH is not tested for since he does piss for evey show he does. The amazing thing ifs that he had also beaten 3 polygraph tests.

Now my question - remembering he is a close friend, what would you do. I'm not informing the shows, but feel shitty for the other 'natural' contestants that choose to stay natural so they don't have to deal with the chemical enhancements.

I just feel shitty and don't know what to do, if anything.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    I would ask him how to beat the polygraph tests...

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    his business. He's the one cheating himself, not you. He's already trying to justify it (everyone else is doing it), so just let it work on him.

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    He's what you consider "a very good friend" then wtf are you even contemplating this for. Just leave it be, and forget about it.

The world is an unfair place.

-VM

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    He has to live with his decision. No one likes losing and he is right about the majority of the field being on as well. I do believe there are some truely natural bodybuilders and they can win at a local level, but when it goes national they are just beating the system. Lets call it like it is... good for them for not getting caught... its far better than saying you dont when its obvious you do.

And the fact that he told you says he has some kind of conscience. Whether it bugs him or he just wants to share...

Just my $0.02

stpete is offline Banned
    Be his friend....He confided in you and you should respect that. I'm assuming that you use as well. So what's the big deal? Because he's entered in a "natural" contest?
    I agree that "natural" contests should be respected, but at the same time, how many of them are truely natural? My guess is very few.
    If it were me i'd keep my mouth shut and be his friend.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Yep, just move on...

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ha natural only means that they take test/hgh/ph.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Minor ethical delimma at best. Look, we are not saving lives here, and the reality is, it's probably not as "natural" as you think. If he's doing it, it seems extremely doubtful he's the only one.

stiflersmom is offline Banned
    id say the same thing as everybody else here

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Yeah for me natural bodybuilding is a joke and will continute to be unless they test competitors every month to make sure they're not juiced up on a gram of test a week till a couple weeks before showtime.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I would try and get him in bed.

Few things.

First, I'm in the airport and apologize for grammatical errors.

Next. I sincerely appreciate the responses and support.

Finally let me rephrase my OP and give a little backround.

Rob has done a few IFBB shows with me (untested of course).

Two years ago, I spilled over and came in holding water in my hams and low back. Long story short, I placed 5th and he placed 4th. For a solid six months afterwards, I heard about it. Not from him, but from his people, people in the gym, and people we are both close with. 'Jeff got taken by a natural'. Or. 'see, just goes to show you that you don't need anything but good food heavy weight'.

Anyways, I think I'm just disappointed that he is the self titled poster boy for competing natural and it was all bs.

Dissapointed and pissed that he lived this lie for years.

My fat head:ego wants to spill the beans.

My rationalism will forget it ever happened.

Thanks again for the ear.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    theres no such thing as a natural contest, its all bullsh1t.

tell him good work on getting some quality GH.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Its just a stupid bodybuilding show. Spill your beans if you want and lose a good friend over jealousy. Or put it in perspective, he is not killing anyone so who gives a shit. You spill the beans, you will be the one that regrets the consequences the most.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    Steal his HGH

Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    theres no such thing as a natural contest, its all bullsh1t.

tell him good work on getting some quality GH.
    Actually, there clearly is....trust me and they are PAINFUL to watch

I wouldnt be bothered if he wasn't the spokesperson for Mr. natural...It's like Tiger giving speeches on why it's important to have one partner.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    natural is an illusion. it is only void of those things they test for. if they don't test for it, the guys are probably using it.

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Do you still wont to be mates,if so get over it if not drop him in it and you live with that

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I would try and get him in bed.
    It would be cool if the OP could set him up by getting a hot chick to seduce him then take pic's of the HGH in his fridge along with a couple of family pics of his there and pic's of the inside of his house to make it more difficult for him to claim it's a lie.

I'm over it. Yes. It was bothersome only for a minute simply because of what other people think. At the end of the day, I don't give an effin fck what other people think. So long as I know the truth.

I'm going to keep LB'ing and this will have no effect on me nor our relationship.

Someone said 'it's just a bodybuilding show' and that I find comical. You could and never will understand what s bodybuilder goes through until you step in his:her shoes. It's far from just a effing show. It's a lifestyle. The process is the most gratifying, yet truly demanding thing I've ever gone through or ever will. You have zero concept on what a 'show' really is until you live it.

I published my diary from the last show on this board. That's only a flavor of what goes on.

Appreciate the responses. Its all good
    Last edited by LBSOMEIRON; 10-03-2010 at 07:09 AM.

goodlifting is offline Associate Member
    i posted something quite similar to this idea on ethics a while ago. a best friend of 13 years fvcked me out of competition by ratting me out for using igf (yeah, that's right, igf. not hardcore anabolic steroids or hgh). i no longer talk to this guy or his family. i hope his death is slow and painful. that was a friendship that started at age 9 and we grew up together as brothers until he stabbed me in the back at age 21. op, if he's a good guy and hasn't done anything to harm you or your family and you consider him a best friend.... why even go there. i respect your ability to control yourself and i'm telling you right now, your friend has a helluva lot of trust in you.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlifting;53***91
    i posted something quite similar to this idea on ethics a while ago. a best friend of 13 years fvcked me out of competition by ratting me out for using igf (yeah, that's right, igf. not hardcore anabolic steroids or hgh). i no longer talk to this guy or his family. i hope his death is slow and painful. that was a friendship that started at age 9 and we grew up together as brothers until he stabbed me in the back at age 21. op, if he's a good guy and hasn't done anything to harm you or your family and you consider him a best friend.... why even go there. i respect your ability to control yourself and i'm telling you right now, your friend has a helluva lot of trust in you.
    22 posts later, someone that can relate...your situation makes mine look childish. That's exactly why I dont compete, condone, attend, support yada yada 'natural' comps. Never have. They are so much more political than any IFBB NPC show.
    I appreciate it brother...

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlifting;53***91
    I remember that a little over a year ago. That was really low and sucks. Just shows you how jealousy will trump over friendship. I hope you keep his name on your bucket list, things to do before you die. I have a couple names on mine. Some have been years but like they said, revenge is best served cold.

goodlifting is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I remember that a little over a year ago. That was really low and sucks. Just shows you how jealousy will trump over friendship. I hope you keep his name on your bucket list, things to do before you die. I have a couple names on mine. Some have been years but like they said, revenge is best served cold.
    well said. kinda funny: i heard from a mutual friend that that piece of shit recently had to have surgery on his hip for some type of overuse injury. i was truly happy when i heard about it bc it took him out of the sport for at least a little while. however, he is still the first human i am going to hunt down if i ever decide to go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlifting View Post
    well said. kinda funny: i heard from a mutual friend that that piece of shit recently had to have surgery on his hip for some type of overuse injury. i was truly happy when i heard about it bc it took him out of the sport for at least a little while. however, he is still the first human i am going to hunt down if i ever decide to go nuts.
    But bro....it's just a bodybuilding show....

Thread Information