Shol'va is offline Productive Member

Question For You Military And Ex Military Guys

Ok so there is a new guy working at my gym, 20 years old just out of the navy. He was stationed over in Japan. even though he has seen no combat such as in Irag or Afghanistan, he has returned suffering from PTSD. He shot a few guys who got too close to the ship and some of his navy buddies have committed suicide including one of his best friends. But anyways I was asking him his thoughts on Dont Ask Dont Tell and he said that if anyone over there told him they were gay that he'd turn them in. So I asked a hypothetical question. What if he was being held at gunpoint by a hostile and this guy guy shot him to save your life and then in confidence told you he might be gay. What would you do? He told me it didnt matter that he'd rat him out anyways. I told him I thought that that was F*cked up. A guy just put his life on the line to save your A$$ and you are going to turn on him and ruin his military service? He said yes as that is what the miltary teaches them all to do, rat each other out regardless. So I ask you guys here on the board WTF am I missing here, cause to me this is ate up policy. Tell me what you think, good bad or ugly, cause in my mind if someone saves my a$$, then the least I could do is keep my trap shut about him being gay. Am I in the minority thinking this is dead wrong?

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I appreciate your friend's serving our country, but if any soldier turned in another one over thier sexual orientation then they are a douche bag.
    I knew a lot of gay men and women in the military and as long as they were not doing anything that would cost my life or get someone else hurt then so be it. Would he turn in his best friend who was married if he found out he was having an affair? Infidelity is illegal in the military also. If he does not want to be a hypocrite then he has to treat both the same.
    Your friend sounds like a homophobe to me.

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    Not all military guys are like that. I don't give a **** if someone is gay. It's their life, their decision.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKuntry1984 View Post
    Not all military guys are like that. I don't give a **** if someone is gay. It's their life, their decision.
    I completly agree.

KyleJumpjets is offline Associate Member
    I recently just finished my 3 year contract in the Canadian army. 3 years in the infantry, 1 combat tour in afghanistan. This young guy who just joined your gym is obviously a bad person. Obviously the person who saved his life was an effective service member regardless of the their sexual oreintation. The military does not teach service member to rat each other out, on the contrary it teaches teamwork. This new guy at your gym is a total loser.

danielmaco is offline Junior Member
    The new guy's story smells fishy to me.

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    Never were we told to rat others out. When I joined it was, "Don't ask, don't tell." Not, "If you find out, tell everyone about." This guy sounds like a dousche to me. However now you can be openly gay in the military if I remember correctly.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I wish every gay member resigned on the same day. This way with all the people they lost they could invoke the draft and get more straight soldiers in there

I dont know but I think that he might be having some sexual identity issues of his own. However I've walked by his truck in the gym parking lot and he keeps a couple of guns in it at all times right in the open and has his military tags hanging from his rearview. So I do believe he is a little unstable. I'm not doing anything to piss this guy off as he just might be ready to snap at any time, otherwise I would mess with his mind over this issue. This is one guy I'm steering clear of, I would hate to be on the 6 o'clock news.....Ex military Man Goes Postal At Gym On A Killing Rampage.....LOL

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I would tell in a second

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Kidding. Kidding.

I don't really give a shlt.

There were some gays when I was in. But they weren't those "look at me I'm gay" types.

They were just regular guys who liked dudes, but didn't make a big stink about it.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I would secretly rat on myself.

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Kidding. Kidding.

I don't really give a shlt.

There were some gays when I was in. But they weren't those "look at me I'm gay" types.

They were just regular guys who liked dudes, but didn't make a big stink about it.
    Yea I know what you mean cause the Marines are actually Navy, which puts them at about 45% homosexual. Army Infantry is less than 1%

Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I would secretly rat on myself.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I wish every gay member resigned on the same day. This way with all the people they lost they could invoke the draft and get more straight soldiers in there
    i think the number would shock everybody.. there are alot. the truth is nobody cares. its a battle only for news papers.. i have been in 9 years and have known lots of gay men and women. and nobody cares.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Turn him in for having guns in his car...

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Your friend sounds like a major douche. Sorry. Seems to me he's a shitbag and is trying to get attention.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    A guy suffering PTSD without serving overseas? Sounds like a weak minded latent homosexual that's scared of his own feelings.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    I've watched enough Kids in the Hall to know that most military guys are gay....

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Ok so there is a new guy working at my gym, 20 years old just out of the navy. He was stationed over in Japan. even though he has seen no combat such as in Irag or Afghanistan, he has returned suffering from PTSD. He shot a few guys who got too close to the ship and some of his navy buddies have committed suicide including one of his best friends. But anyways I was asking him his thoughts on Dont Ask Dont Tell and he said that if anyone over there told him they were gay that he'd turn them in. So I asked a hypothetical question. What if he was being held at gunpoint by a hostile and this guy guy shot him to save your life and then in confidence told you he might be gay. What would you do? He told me it didnt matter that he'd rat him out anyways. I told him I thought that that was F*cked up. A guy just put his life on the line to save your A$$ and you are going to turn on him and ruin his military service? He said yes as that is what the miltary teaches them all to do, rat each other out regardless. So I ask you guys here on the board WTF am I missing here, cause to me this is ate up policy. Tell me what you think, good bad or ugly, cause in my mind if someone saves my a$$, then the least I could do is keep my trap shut about him being gay. Am I in the minority thinking this is dead wrong?
    Ex Military here, six years duty, but not aparty of any combat.

My opinion? The guy was messing with you. The military does NOT teach you to rat out your buddy. This dude is just homophobic.

Sounds like he must be a "staunch republican".

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    X Marine 9 years.Nothing worst than a rat.This guy is full of s--t.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Ex Military here, six years duty, but not aparty of any combat.

My opinion? The guy was messing with you. The military does NOT teach you to rat out your buddy. This dude is just homophobic.

Sounds like he must be a "staunch republican".
    Funny thing is that he thinks he is a lady killer now because a few of the women at the gym are banging him and he is too naive to realize that he is just new meat in there, that this is a barracuda group that preys on the new young workers there and pass them around like a newspaper, then laugh and joke about him behind his back, then move on to their next new one who hires in. he'll be lucky if he only gets the clap from this group. But I aint saying nothing to him. Gonna let him learn the hard way. Hey its the least I can do after his comment on ratting out in the military. There is poetic justice sometimes ya know.

Thread Information