fattymcbutterpants is offline Senior Member

Elbow Wraps for tendonitis

Hey guys, I know this would be better in the injuries section but theres alot mroe feedback here. I have had tendonitis on and off for the past 2 years. Anytime I seem to go up on lifts my elbows seem to start hurting. Once I broke the 300lb mark on bench it got miserable. Bad enough my elbows would throb in pain for hours afterwards.

I took some time off and it got better but its starting to come back now. Do you all think a good elbow wrap would help compress it and keep it warm so I dont make it worse and can help make it feel better while im lifting?

And if so any suggestions on brand? I was looking at prowriststraps online and they have quite a few on there

Thanks

anyone?

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by fattymcbutterpants View Post
    Hey guys, I know this would be better in the injuries section but theres alot mroe feedback here. I have had tendonitis on and off for the past 2 years. Anytime I seem to go up on lifts my elbows seem to start hurting. Once I broke the 300lb mark on bench it got miserable. Bad enough my elbows would throb in pain for hours afterwards.

I took some time off and it got better but its starting to come back now. Do you all think a good elbow wrap would help compress it and keep it warm so I dont make it worse and can help make it feel better while im lifting?

And if so any suggestions on brand? I was looking at prowriststraps online and they have quite a few on there

Thanks
    Try and look into cissus. Apparently it's working miracles for some people.

GetSwole83 is offline Associate Member
    Depends..... Is it your inner or
    Outer elbow?

Its the back like where my tricep connects to my elbow and its kind of in the very center. And I dont know what that Cissus is but I will look it up

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I heard wrapping tightly can actually hurt joints sometimes.

Really? A guy at the gym I used to workout at, before school, had the same problem and he got one of the wraps its Like black with red. I can't remember the name but he was telling me it felt much better with it on. I think I might order some of that Cissus not sure which brand to go with there were a few

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Ill have to try and find the article. Something about it pushing the joints into themselves which can cause more damage.

Ok man thanks I might order some of that Cissus after my next paycheck

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Wrapping won't really help you. I also have recurring tendinitis and really the only thing that helps is stretching, proper warm ups, rest and supplementation with joint products such as cissus or glucosamine. Also try to avoid acidic foods, they don't help.

Alright man Im gonna get some of that Cissus I think. Is the USP version the best?

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Elbow sleeves will keep the area warm and blood flowing in there pretty good especially is you have a good set of neoprene sleeves like Tommy Konos or Rehbands. Otherwise, stretching, DMSO, or equiblock in the effected area should help as well. I've had to really adjust my routine because of tendonitis. I no longer do skull crushers or heavy pushdowns because of tendonitis. My tricep work consists of nothing but floor presses (close grip), close grip board presses, and heavy weighted dips.

GetSwole83 is offline Associate Member
    Nooomoto is correct as is BgMC. You can try a ChoPat type brace around the tricep tendon which in Theory reduces the amount of force on the tendon but this may be of limited help. I would lay off the skull crushers and take some NSAIDS stretch your tris 2 x a day (above your head and reach between the shoulder blades). Reduce the weight a bit too for a month and then see how it feels. If it feels good give it another week....then SLOWLY return to your normal activities except limit skull crushers (they seem to tbe the culprit alot of times).

Yea I completely cut out skull crushers I've just been trying to stick with close grip, dips, and pressdowns. The pressdowns and weighted dips do occassionally bother it too but not quite as bad

Hey question guys, do you all think the Animal Flex pack or Super Cissus RX would be the better choice? Animal had higher reviews on bodybuilding but that Cissus seems tempting from what you all said. But its joint pain and tendons and everything I need to work on. Im gonna try to figure out some stretches to help and see how that goes too but I need to figure out which supp to take

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by fattymcbutterpants View Post
    Hey question guys, do you all think the Animal Flex pack or Super Cissus RX would be the better choice? Animal had higher reviews on bodybuilding but that Cissus seems tempting from what you all said. But its joint pain and tendons and everything I need to work on. Im gonna try to figure out some stretches to help and see how that goes too but I need to figure out which supp to take
    If you need overall help with the joints, there's also a product that just came out, it's called "Recovery". It increases synovial fluid in your articulations. One of my buddies came out of knee surgery and used that and he swear by it now.

So many options! haha Im really looking for something to help my tendons mainly

swllce is offline Associate Member
    I get it in my knees alot.It makes it tough to work legs since the only way to heal tendonitis is time off.
    I have been icing down my knees when i come home,put a handfull of ice in a ziplock and apply for 5 minutes,this reduces inflammation.Same should work for elbows
    The pain is not as bad the next day.

Thread Information