Terinox is offline The One & Only

When Your Away From The Gym?

I think that the Subject of this thread basically explains it all. What do you do when your away from the gym ??? Like if you go camping in the woods, far away from a gym, do you just sacrifice the week that your away and just workout when you get back? Or do you try and use somethings around you for weight subs and try to pull off as many exercises as possible???

Thnx
    Terinox

KeyMastur is offline VET
    It really depends on how long I'm away. If I'm away for about a week, then I'll just take that time to rest. Maybe I'll throw in some push-ups, but that's about it. I took a week off while driving from AZ to TX and when I got home, my strength was the same, if not a little better. Just feels like I was rested more, that's all.

Now if you go camping in the back woods, make sure you take a small saw or axe and some rope. That way you can chop down some trees to use. Throw a log on your back, do some squats, pushups. Tie the rope around your leg, down under a tree, around the bush, and onto the log - you've got yourself a Cybex machine. You say you need a treadmil to run on? Bring some honey along with you too. Wipe the honey on your ass, go find a bear, tease him a little bit (maybe throw a rock or a squirrel at him) and then run like hell.

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by KeyMastur
    You say you need a treadmil to run on? Bring some honey along with you too. Wipe the honey on your ass, go find a bear, tease him a little bit (maybe throw a rock or a squirrel at him) and then run like hell.
    ROFLMAO, That was hysterical.
    I wann see who will try it.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    if you're on vacation, it may be a good idea to just relax and enjoy yourself, not worry about if and how you're gonna workout. if you're camping, take keymasturs advise and cut up some wood or something. if you're a member at a national chain gym like golds, powerhouse or world, alot of time you can get a travel pass and workout at the gym where you will be

senor_gato is offline Junior Member

LOL

The honey on the ass bit may do wonders for your cardio not to mention the bear's appetite.

I think calisthenics would be the best option if you find a door frame or a tree branch to hang from for pullups, some pushups, crunches, take a jump rope, toe raises etc...

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Terniox

Terniox,
    I moved this post from the workout section to the general question form as this is where it should be. When I'm not at the gym I am useually cooking up meals for the upcoming week. If not that then I'm off to the woods for some hunting although this is seasonal and I only get to go deer hunting about once a month in december.
    IC

KBgrl is offline Female Member
    if ur on a business trip or staying at a resort there is usually a gym u can use. i may take a break if i havent taken one in a while but ill usually go for a run outdoors and hit some weights at the hotel gym.

Thread Information