lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

TSA Body-Searches 3-year-old Girl

WTF? OK yes I know in some countries kids have been used to smuggle drugs and maybe weapons but it's not on their bodies, it's usually in a toy or stroller. How many kids have you heard of blowing up airplanes?

I want to know what is wrong with profiling? It's called a profile because someone fits the description. If you are robbed by a 6' 3" (tall) Caucasian man how would you feel the police are doing if they are investigating 5' 4" Hispanic women?

Search people who fit the profile of the types that have been causing problems and a few others on random but children? Teens? Girls??? I think they are starting to go to far with the pat downs.

Yes I know, DSM goes there every day even though he has not flight to catch just so he can be searched.

3 yr old being searched.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5cf_1289804177

clemont51 is offline Banned
    Maggot feds are so afraid to charged with "racial profiling".

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I don't see the problem at all.

People have to realize that there's a trade off between security and freedom (rights).

And it's a business. I can't walk into a store with my shirt off (or no shores), and if I wanna get on a plane, I have to get patted down.

D7M
    Blog Entries
    As soon as one terrorist act happens on a plane, everyone will be crying for tighter security.

Seems like a media smoke screen.

I don't wanna hear about this TSA crap, I wanna hear about bigger, more relevant stories.

Yeah I hear you and I'm not the radical or conspiracy theorist type but sometimes they go a little to far. Im not sure what it is but there has to be a better way than the new scanners and pat downs. A better, deeper xray, shows only solid objects like bones, guns, etc like on Total Recall with Arnold that puts out no harmful rays..

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Yeah I hear you and I'm not the radical or conspiracy theorist type but sometimes they go a little to far. Im not sure what it is but there has to be a better way than the new scanners and pat downs. A better, deeper xray, shows only solid objects like bones, guns, etc like on Total Recall with Arnold that puts out no harmful rays..
    Oh for sure.

And I think the other big thing that is missing is efficiency.

I bet you anything people wouldn't give two shits what kind of scans you give them, if you get them onto that plane faster.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I think most people are hypocrites. They cry out "we need to do something." We do something and now its "we are doing too much." If it were me flying on a flight i wouldn't care if they did a naked strip down of everyone before they go on the plane. I want to be 100% sure my plane isn't going to blow up. These scanners don't catch everything. The "enhanced" pat down so far is the most reliable way in finding weapons/explosives.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I think most people are hypocrites. They cry out "we need to do something." We do something and now its "we are doing too much." If it were me flying on a flight i wouldn't care if they did a naked strip down of everyone before they go on the plane. I want to be 100% sure my plane isn't going to blow up. These scanners don't catch everything. The "enhanced" pat down so far is the most reliable way in finding weapons/explosives.
    Figures you would be in favor of pat downs..
    I think you are just lookin for the free grope!!!
    heheheh

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    I don't see the problem at all.

People have to realize that there's a trade off between security and freedom (rights).

And it's a business. I can't walk into a store with my shirt off (or no shores), and if I wanna get on a plane, I have to get patted down.
    so u dont see a problem with kids especially 3 yrs old getting treated as a terrorist? What are you willing to give up in the name of so called security?I personally dont like to travel on plain coming from US or going to US...reson simple they treat me as terrorist and I dont like treated being one. But if someone came even close to my kid for patting him down I am not going on that flight fvck te things that been done with the name of security in the US.

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    so u dont see a problem with kids especially 3 yrs old getting treated as a terrorist? What are you willing to give up in the name of so called security?I personally dont like to travel on plain coming from US or going to US...reson simple they treat me as terrorist and I dont like treated being one. But if someone came even close to my kid for patting him down I am not going on that flight fvck te things that been done with the name of security in the US.
    I agree that the TSA worker in the video could have handled the child with more tact and compassion,

but I don't think being patted down is the same as "being treated as a terrorist".

and, honestly, I'd rather be treated like a terrorist, and board that plan with some sense of safety, knowing everyone else got the same treatment.

I agree that the TSA worker in the video could have handled the child with more tact and compassion,

but I don't think being patted down is the same as "being treated as a terrorist".

and, honestly, I'd rather be treated like a terrorist, and board that plan with some sense of safety, knowing everyone else got the same treatment.
    so u seriously think that being padded down will ensure the security???? last time it was claimed that they hi jacked the plain on forks...seriously forks????? oh did i forget to mention they were stainless steel Forks.....
    Dude u need to open ur eyes...they are taking ur freedom away in the name of security the sentence honestly, I'd rather be treated like a terrorist, and board that plan with some sense of safety, knowing everyone else got the same treatment. is a living proof of they are getting close to take freedom in the name of security....

Blog Entries
    When all is said and done , flying is a LUXURY, if you don't like it then don't fly.

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Dude u need to open ur eyes...they are taking ur freedom away in the name of security the sentence honestly, I'd rather be treated like a terrorist, and board that plan with some sense of safety, knowing everyone else got the same treatment. is a living proof of they are getting close to take freedom in the name of security....
    Of course freedoms are being taken away for security.

that's been going on for years, and is just a natural progression of any society.

you have to trade some freedoms for security.

it's just a matter of how comfortable you with less freedoms, and how secure you want to be.

D7M
    Blog Entries
    When all is said and done , flying is a LUXURY, if you don't like it then don't fly.
    Right!

that was my point above.

It's a private business, and they can have any rules they want.

I can open a restaurant and make it a rule that you can't wear a cover indoors.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Or they could use dogs, like in Europe and Israel...much more efficient, effective, and non-invasive...but that would make to much sense.

so u seriously think that being padded down will ensure the security???? last time it was claimed that they hi jacked the plain on forks...seriously forks????? oh did i forget to mention they were stainless steel Forks.....
    Agree 100% and they are doing it little by little with things like this. This IS taking away our freedoms in the name of safety

Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Or they could use dogs, like in Europe and Israel...much more efficient, effective, and non-invasive...but that would make to much sense.
    There you go, someone is thinking. It may not be the perfect solution but it's an idea.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 11-24-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Of course freedoms are being taken away for security.

that's been going on for years, and is just a natural progression of any society.

you have to trade some freedoms for security.

it's just a matter of how comfortable you with less freedoms, and how secure you want to be.
    play attention to how many times they raise the security level in one year and what were the condition in terms of panic before and then after they raised it....
    Freedom for security........nah I will pass Who gurantees the security it fails they come asking for taking away more of ur freedom ....u will never be secure simple reason ppl are greedy and they will do anything for money so I dont think anyone can be fully secure at any given time but if u start trading ur freedom in terms of security where is the fine line that says "no you are taking too much freedom away". Now step back and think before 9/11 would u be saying the same things?

you have to start paying attention to what Other ppl write too...here is what i wrote

" I WILL NOT FLY IN A PLAIN WHO IS COMING FROM OR GOING TO US".....u just wasted ur post here

Right!

that was my point above.

It's a private business, and they can have any rules they want.

I can open a restaurant and make it a rule that you can't wear a cover indoors.
    really so why government come to bail them out when thse "private business" are going down the hill?
    Any rules really...so tomorrow they will say Gays are not allowed and u will say ...well its a private business they can make any rules they want?

they do it here on calgary airport dogs sniff stuff and ppl too .....more time efficient and less offensive.

Blog Entries
    play attention to how many times they raise the security level in one year and what were the condition in terms of panic before and then after they raised it....
    Freedom for security........nah I will pass Who gurantees the security it fails they come asking for taking away more of ur freedom ....u will never be secure simple reason ppl are greedy and they will do anything for money so I dont think anyone can be fully secure at any given time but if u start trading ur freedom in terms of security where is the fine line that says "no you are taking too much freedom away". Now step back and think before 9/11 would u be saying the same things?
    So then let me ask you this, what should we do ? You suggest we are never going to be 100% secure so should be just throw our hands up ? Should we go back to the way we were when we allowed terrorist to take over planes and fly then into buildings ? Without a solution you sound very simple minded.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    they do it here on calgary airport dogs sniff stuff and ppl too .....more time efficient and less offensive.
    Not only that, but dogs can/do pick up things that humans or machines never could. Plus, dogs are awesome.

D7M
    Blog Entries
    really so why government come to bail them out when thse "private business" are going down the hill?
    Any rules really...so tomorrow they will say Gays are not allowed and u will say ...well its a private business they can make any rules they want?
    Sure. As long as it's not harmful to someone else (like you have to stab someone to use the business).

I mean if there was a gay restaurant that didn't allow heterosexual, I wouldn't give a shit.

So then let me ask you this, what should we do ? You suggest we are never going to be 100% secure so should be just throw our hands up ? Should we go back to the way we were when we allowed terrorist to take over planes and fly then into buildings ? Without a solution you sound very simple minded.

3 of those so called terrorist are alive and well 2 in Saudi and one in Dubai...just an FYI.....I am questioning the terrorist theory on that event. Not trying to disrespect the dead in that event my condolences again for those families.
    The whole idea of 9/11 was simple take away freedom in the name of security.....

Solution you guys have to find the black sheeps I know if I go in to the details it will create a whole new debate which I am not willing to get into. BUT searching kid in terms of security....fvck that.

D7M
    Blog Entries
    3 of those so called terrorist are alive and well 2 in Saudi and one in Dubai...just an FYI.....I am questioning the terrorist theory on that event. Not trying to disrespect the dead in that event my condolences again for those families.
    The whole idea of 9/11 was simple take away freedom in the name of security.....

Solution you guys have to find the black sheeps I know if I go in to the details it will create a whole new debate which I am not willing to get into. BUT searching kid in terms of security....fvck that.
    So, no searching children.

What about the elderly? handicapped? mentally disabled?

See where I'm going.

you think someone willing to attack the US won't plant something on any of the above groups?

Sure. As long as it's not harmful to someone else (like you have to stab someone to use the business).

I mean if there was a gay restaurant that didn't allow heterosexual, I wouldn't give a shit.
    so first u didnt answer my first question Y government come to bail those mofo out when they are still private businesses. Also saying you will follow whatever "RULES" they make as they are private business tells me either you are perfect citizen or you are full of sh!t. U use roids when you were TOLD not to so I am leaning towards the second one.

So, no searching children.

What about the elderly? handicapped? mentally disabled?

See where I'm going.

you think someone willing to attack the US won't plant something on any of the above groups?
    i know where u going with this....but as I always said "for kids the world should be candy store" . But scanner should be good enough i travelled with my kid twice and they search his stroller which is totally fine and then he passed through the scanner and thats about it. No one is touching my kid ......think what u will

Not only that, but dogs can/do pick up things that humans or machines never could. Plus, dogs are awesome.
    i agree and those dogs are awesome agreed

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    searching people is a farse.. it's the perception of being safe "we are doing something"..

the reality then and now is if someone wants to get it on the plane to cause harm it will..

People are sheep.. make me feel safe, I don't really need to be safe..

the current technology that is in place and that which is deployed is so far behind the ability to blow something up..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    though i think the TSA searches are totally uncalled for and stupid..

searching a baby is completely normal... working in law enforcement you would be ungodly surprised what people stick in a baby diaper, thinking it will never be searched.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    WTF? OK yes I know in some countries kids have been used to smuggle drugs and maybe weapons but it's not on their bodies, it's usually in a toy or stroller. How many kids have you heard of blowing up airplanes?

I want to know what is wrong with profiling? It's called a profile because someone fits the description. If you are robbed by a 6' 3" (tall) Caucasian man how would you feel the police are doing if they are investigating 5' 4" Hispanic women?

Search people who fit the profile of the types that have been causing problems and a few others on random but children? Teens? Girls??? I think they are starting to go to far with the pat downs.

Yes I know, DSM goes there every day even though he has not flight to catch just so he can be searched.

3 yr old being searched.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5cf_1289804177
    Right, wrong or indifferent, we live in a society where profiling is wrong and being politically correct is, well, correct. it would be simple if we 100% checked all young muslim men, and then partially checked other profiles.

But see, that would be discriminatory, and since we are not supposed to single anyone out, as effective as that might be, we have to check everyone, including gramdma in the wheel chair, little kids, even if it doesn't make any sense.

You can send your contributions to:
    The ACLU
    c/o Times Roman. I swear I will get it to the right place! =)

Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    though i think the TSA searches are totally uncalled for and stupid..

searching a baby is completely normal... working in law enforcement you would be ungodly surprised what people stick in a baby diaper, thinking it will never be searched.
    but shouldn't the things in diaper get caught by the scanner....?

Blog Entries
    i know where u going with this....but as I always said "for kids the world should be candy store" . But scanner should be good enough i travelled with my kid twice and they search his stroller which is totally fine and then he passed through the scanner and thats about it. No one is touching my kid ......think what u will
    What will you say when your children get cancer in 5-10 years and its found out it was from the radiation from the scanners ?

If you ask me, i would rather be patted down, and have my children patted down instead of going through those scanners.

Blog Entries
    but shouldn't the things in diaper get caught by the scanner....?
    Nope. The famous "underwear bomber" had explosive material that wouldn't have been detected by scanners.

What will you say when your children get cancer in 5-10 years and its found out it was from the radiation from the scanners ?

If you ask me, i would rather be patted down, and have my children patted down instead of going through those scanners.
    I say fine....we just agree to disagree.
    I travel once in 2 yrs so radiation is not my concern but i respect ur opinion as always.

Blog Entries
    Its my opinion that "radiation" and "safe" should be an oxymoron.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Its my opinion that "radiation" and "safe" should be an oxymoron.
    How do you explain the Hulk then? Wasn't he belted by gamma rays?

Blog Entries
    Look what it did to his hair:

Would you want to have hair like that ?!

Thread Information