Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

Resting Pulse.....

Hey fellas,

I went a week ago to donate a pint of blood. I figured getting rid of some RBC's would be a good idea since my fathers blood thickens somewhat when on cycle. While filling out the paperwork I saw the parameters on your health for them to accept your blood. One of them was a resting pulse of 50-100 bpm. When they took my pulse..... it was 98. The lady said to me "Are you nervous? I really hope so because a resting pulse of 98 isn't good if it's like that all the time."

Now..... I was nervous because i've heard horror stories about these donation centers and their lack of being able to give a needle (tho my veins were ripped out without a tourniqet ahaha) - I also know tho that my resting pulse is usually over 80bpm. When I do cardio.... it goes up to 160bpm.

WTF is my problem? Idunno if I should goto the doc and get medication to slow my heart down a little or not.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    I always have to make a joke so you should have just told her you were nervous about wanting to plow her feilds and that the only vein she needed to check was your cack...

my blood pressure and HR went up quite a bit on the Test/NPP/Tren cycle and the lat one where I kicked it with MT I noticed the same thing. My HR during cardio got as high as 170 but that was during wind sprints. Normally its around 130-140.

I would not look to get on more meds while you are cycling... thats the wrong road to go down so early in life mang, just my $0.02

My blood pressure is fine..... even on test/tren . It's just the heart rate thats high.... even off cycle. I was only askin about meds because if my heart is working harder this early in life..... maybe a med to slow it the fack down would be beneficial. I personally like my heart

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't know mate. My resting pulse is normally below 70. And almost twice your age. I know that when i'm diligently following my cardio routine, my resting pulse drops, and when I sluff off, it goes up.

you cycling? If so, I hope you disclosed that on the form or to the RN, right?

Maybe you need to do a rethink on your diet and supplements. There is a correlation between resting pulse rate and longevity. your heart seems to not be able to "idle" and stuck at 2k rpm. Not good.

vettewreck is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    My blood pressure is fine..... even on test/tren . It's just the heart rate thats high.... even off cycle. I was only askin about meds because if my heart is working harder this early in life..... maybe a med to slow it the fack down would be beneficial. I personally like my heart

~Haz~
    Im the exact same. Even on my high dose of test, BP is 121 over 72. However my resting HR is 110... not facking good... Not sure why or how to lower it though considering my BP is great.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    There is a main vein that runs down on your junk which is the best location to get an accurate pulse. I am a google certified nurse and I'd be happy to evaluate you for no cost.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    my resting pulse is always over a hundred.. just took it right now and it is 108.. all i have been doing is watching tv and i am about to go to bed.. supposedly that is really unhealthy, but i do not really understand why...

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    mine is always in the 80's. Off cycle it is 80, on cycle it is 85 or so. Just took it, it's 87. I say fvck it.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    My resting pulse is around 70 but I have had days when it was as high as 90. It really all depended on what was going on that day. If I was stressed about something this usually attributed to it.

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, your heartrate is way high for someone your age. Drug induced? Dunno; not qualified to make that determination. Mine, when I do a lot of cardio, sits around 55-70. Elite cardio junkies like Lance Armstrong or marathon runners can have them as low as in the 30's. Average resting heart rate is usually in the 60's to 70's.

vettewreck is offline Banned
    yea mine... just watching tv... is 100-110. Not good. Yet my blood pressure is perfect.

well hell..... i'm gunna have a talk with my doc about this next time I go..... might be a good idea.

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    well hell..... i'm gunna have a talk with my doc about this next time I go..... might be a good idea.

~Haz~
    i would think so...i'm 39 with a pulse of high 60's...only time mine has gone above 80 resting was on clen ...anything over 100 would freak me out

Thread Information