lil_herc81 is offline Member

Need help, reoccuring muscle/sciatic problem

(I also posted in the rehab/injury forum )

Here is the deal, I worked legs yesterday and didnt have time for cardio due to time and needing to prepare and cook food. SO, later yesterday I turned to my fail-safe cardio (comcast tv). I didnt stretch before I began and there is a warm up on the program for stretching. About 5 minutes into the workout I went down, my right quad on the inside (Vastus medial) locked up turned rock solid an bulging, and extreme pain. In addition to the quad it shot pain up my glutes into my lower back. I could not move my leg at all and this lasted for over 15 minutes with me rolling on the floor trying to find less back pain while my leg was screaming non stop also. I got an ice pack after the 15 minutes and was immediately able to make my leg comfortable and my back pain subdued. Then later while sleeping it happened again around 2 am. Screaming n pain I had my wife get the ice pack for me immediately, this time it was of little help but helped with some comfort overall. This bout lasted for around 10 minutes. Today I am limping and the muscle is swollen. Aside from stretching this muscle is there anything else I can do to make it return to normal faster without a relapse?

( am going to double post this for a quick response)

bump

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    What's your water intake look like? Drink as much as you can.

Water is probably around 2 gallons per day its the only thin I drink next to coconut milk. I'm wondering if my less than 200 calorie from carb diet could be playing into this? Or the lack of potassium?

Thread Information