Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator

The 3 body types

The three body types are given their names by the Medical and Scientific communities. This is referred to as The Somatotype Classification System.All the body types are based on the physical parameters and characteristics from certain body tissues derived from one of the three embryonic germ layers that make up the tissues and organs of the body. The three germ layers are Ectoderm, mesoderm and endoderm and therefore you can see where the name types come from. Each body is made from one predominant germ.

The Ectomorph
    This body type normally has a naturally fast metabolism and carry very little bodyfat. Their appearance is usually that of a lean and stringy nature. This body type lends itself more towards long distance runners and endurance athletes and is the naturally thin person. Their body fat is normally below 7%

His body will have a higher percentage of slow twitch fibres, which naturally lowers the amount of muscle mass and gives this body type the name “hard-gainer”

Scientific Description
    An individual having a type of body in which tissues derived from the ectoderm predominate. There is a preponderance of linearity and fragility with large surface area, thin muscles and subcutaneous tissue.

The Ectomorph can increase their body growth but must be aware of overtraining. For example a Mesomorph, s weigh training routine would cause an Ectomorph to over train because of the higher intensity required.

The Endomorph
    This body type normally takes on the classical pear shape and has a very slow metabolism. This person type tends to be less active and carry a greater proportion of bodyfat

His body will normally have a plump look and an overall appearance of roundness. This body type will normally have a large build and should focus heavily on high reps at around 70-80% intensity and cardio prior to building mass.

Scientific Description
    An individual having the type of body build in which tissues derived from the endoderm predominate. There will relative preponderance of soft roundness throughout the body, with large accumulation of fat, and with a large trunk and thighs and tapering extremities.

The Mesmorphic
    This body type is the look of the guy who works out but probably only lifts once a week. This is the Dorian Yates and Ronnie Coleman body type. They will have a naturally athletic look and has less difficulty building muscle and strength.

Scientific Description
    An Individual having a body type in which tissues derived from the mesoderm predominate. There is relative preponderance of muscle,bones and connective tissue,usally with a heavy hard physique of a rectangular outline.

His body will have a preponderance of fast twitch fibres which are able to handle higher intensity workouts accumulating more mass, although mesomorphic body types normally have less endurance capabilities than that of the ectomorph. Training on light days with higher reps and increased cardio can easily rectify this.

Dr William.H.Sheldon performed numerous researches into the physical human studies if you are interested may be worth reading his work.

Also it is worth noting that any form of weightraining will obscure your true categorisation. Early photos in your midteens should let you assess your body type more accurately.

Billy

Hey Teg I know I have not answered all your questions but I was too knackered to carry on typing I,ll try and get the rest done this week with the diet types and excercises.

Billy

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    what if you are pretty tone every where else but the stomach? My arms look good my chest looks ok and my shoulders, legs and back look s good but my stomach has a little chunk to it do you have any suggestions Im sure it is probably just my diet. and I just recently started doing cardio for 20 min a day. If you have anymore ideas let me know.

Bro don,t take this the wrong way but I have no idea only you can decide that I can only type what I know and read.As the post says really you need to remember what you were like as a kid as that is when you can determine what you are

For example I,m an Ectomorph when I was 18 I,d be lucky if I weighed 140lbs and probably stayed at that weight until I was 21 and I was skinny.I was also skinny as a kid.I am now heavier by around 50lbs and no taller and have probably a bit more bodyfat but I,m still an Ectomorph because that this how my body has been made and with that germ.

I have a mate who is a Mesomorph he never works out and looks around the same size as I do just not as toned.But with his clothes on he looks as if he worksout and he has always looked that way.( Lucky B*****D)

I really hope that explains it

As for the belly yes its your diet drop some carbs a bit more cardio and the belly should shrink.Gradually increase the cardio and you will burn the fat off.

Billy

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    Hey Billy thanks for all the help you are right it is up to me and it is time to increase my determination and persistance on getting to be a large lean mofo and I will have to start posting pics so everyone can see my developement thanks billy you and a lot of the other guys in here are some smart mofo's keep up the good work.

Good Luck bro with that line of thought you,ll look awesome keep us posted.

Billy

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    i think their are more than 3 body types. i honostly feel that i fall in between the mesomorph and the endomorph. i have a really easy time putting on mass. it is really easy for me to gain muscle and strength, it is also just as easy to put on fat. my diet and routine have to be money to stay lean and muscle up, but i can do it. all summer i have been getting stronger while loosing fat. i am 18 now, but when i was more mid teens i was so up and down it was too hard to tell what i am, but i think i would have to lean more toward endomorph.

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    i think their are more than 3 body types. i honostly feel that i fall in between the mesomorph and the endomorph. i have a really easy time putting on mass. it is really easy for me to gain muscle and strength, it is also just as easy to put on fat. my diet and routine have to be money to stay lean and muscle up, but i can do it. all summer i have been getting stronger while loosing fat. i am 18 now, but when i was more mid teens i was so up and down it was too hard to tell what i am, but i think i would have to lean more toward endomorph.
    True most people are a hybrid combination of body types. Personally, I'm an ectomorph, disguised as a mesomorph through hard work.

decadbal is offline Banned
    the bodytypes are more of a guide line. no one fits them perfectly. its just a classifycation system, and we all know how important it is for the gov to be able to classify ppl

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm probably a little of all of them in some way or another. i was trying to figure it out but then i got lazy and gave up due to the fact that it would require a good deal of reading and i would rather fall asleep in my chair at work. i'm sure the other half of the post that i didn't read was good too.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    i got no clue

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    i am deffinatly ectomorphic, i was skinny my whole life with like 7-8% bf before i started lifting.

i'm skinny everywhere except for my FACE ahhhhhh! an ecto with an endo face, awesome...im the man woohoo

Thread Information