fishizzle0927 is offline Associate Member

heres the deal...

so..... theres a younger fella at the gym that stops in on a regular basis. here lies the problem, he is the nicest guy in the world and im very good friends with his older brother. now im a stickler on form and rep range and for the years hes been around i havent seen him accomplish anything correctly. he is a very hot topic at the gym, and i feel kinda bad for the guy. the last time i said something to him he stayed home for months, then came back like i never said a word..... he is embarassing himself so how do i approach this situation, btw there is nothing physically wrong with him just lazy.... the topper is he flames about benching 400 and squating 500....
    have any of you had a similar situations?

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    what exactly is he doing??? half squats and half bench?? half squat i can understand some flaming.. but just cause he doesnt touch his chest on bench doesn't mean anything.. i don't get what you want to talk to him about as you just said people are talking about him and he has bad form???

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Talk to his brother if your so close and let him confront him

his brother works out the same way!!! well used to.

5150 trust me bro he loads the sled with 1000lbs un racks it then reracks it! a calf raise has more movement. i would like to ask him where he seen these movements performed and what does he think he gets out of it? i cant even explain some of the things he does.... in his total squat the bar moves about 6 inches down then right bak up. on his bench he barely bends his elbows.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Let him be. With movements that small he's not really in danger of hurting himself. How does it effect you by him doing it?

doesnt really bother me just tired of guys flaming about him i guess. and if hes gona show up every day and not get results thats on him so.........................

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Tell Stack that he can hurt himself if he keeps doing lifts incorrectly...

bruary17 is offline Member
    come at him straight but with some elderly brother guidance and compassion....tell him he ain't going to get anywhere cause he's not properly working the muscle....show him the proper form and let it be....if he wants to continue looking like a goon in the gym....simply join the others in the laughing behind his small built back because he's a goon self.... it's rather simple I think....

Quote Originally Posted by bruary17 View Post
    come at him straight but with some elderly brother guidance and compassion....tell him he ain't going to get anywhere cause he's not properly working the muscle....show him the proper form and let it be....if he wants to continue looking like a goon in the gym....simply join the others in the laughing behind his small built back because he's a goon self.... it's rather simple I think....
    actually his back is quite large he like 5'8 320lb self proclaimed "strong man" but good advise think im gona do as suggested...

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    who gives a fvck????

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Sounds like he has some emotional/psychological problems if he stayed home from the gym over a simple comment from you. I think the OP is just wanting to be a good person by offering help to the guy, who clearly shows up to the gym everyday and is doing things improperly and getting little to no results. I think that you should ask him to go out for lunch or a drink or something, and discuss how you might be able to help him get better results in the gym based on what you've observed over the years. I say this because, I think given how fragile this dude sounds emotionally, it would be best to have this conversation with him outside of the gym, and in privacy, as you dont want to risk embarassing him in the gym in front of people, as some people can feel very embarassed if you try to correct them in a public setting. Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    who gives a fvck????
    you know what they say, if you dont have anything intelligent to say.............................

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    try working out with him use him as a spotter and make comments like man that last full range rep has got me pumped

small hints oh damn it feels like my muscles are going to burst thru my skin

then hes going to wonder why he aint feeling it u cant just walk up to a iron head and say dude your fuking up that wrong this is wrong your sloppy all he will do is come back and say i bench and squat double your numbers whos doing what wrong

half presses are not all bad i use them for my final burn sometimes its a great way to fry your muscles and leaves u feeling pumped but like i said its more of a finisher movement in my mind

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Clearly the best thing to do in a situation like this is to have sex with his brother.

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    or there sister or mother or have a orgy with them all

bruary17 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Clearly the best thing to do in a situation like this is to have sex with his brother.
    On the bike at the gym and just laughed out loud...DSM cracks me up!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fishizzle0927 View Post
    you know what they say, if you dont have anything intelligent to say.............................
    jesus what are you going to do, hold his hand? he's already ran off home crying, why do you care? and oh, if you've nothing intelligent to post...................

Blog Entries

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Sounds like he has some emotional/psychological problems if he stayed home from the gym over a simple comment from you. I think the OP is just wanting to be a good person by offering help to the guy, who clearly shows up to the gym everyday and is doing things improperly and getting little to no results. I think that you should ask him to go out for lunch or a drink or something, and discuss how you might be able to help him get better results in the gym based on what you've observed over the years. I say this because, I think given how fragile this dude sounds emotionally, it would be best to have this conversation with him outside of the gym, and in privacy, as you dont want to risk embarassing him in the gym in front of people, as some people can feel very embarassed if you try to correct them in a public setting. Good luck...
    Good advice.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Holy shit man..... We need a hall of fame thread.

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    who gives a fvck????
    We think too much alike. I have seen NUMEROUS people do this exact half-assed form on exersizes and they remain the same size. When you confront most of them, they will tell you that YOU are wrong. Let him do what he wants. It will not affect you or your ability to keep growing.

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    lmfao!

jesus what are you going to do, hold his hand? he's already ran off home crying, why do you care? and oh, if you've nothing intelligent to post...................
    this is the lounge correct?....... for off topic discussion right?..... dec11 if you dont have any constuctive input just continue in to the next thread son, why you so hostile anyhow homie you need a hug or what?

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Let him be. With movements that small he's not really in danger of hurting himself. How does it effect you by him doing it?
    Agreed.

Thread Information