Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici

Why don't we have a rep system on here?

I see it on alot of other boards, maybe a rep system would enable people seeking advice to tell between a good standing member who gives out good constant advice to some one who doesn't. Rather then judging on someones post count.

nom sayin? (zyzz approved).

RaZr is offline Member
    Stop mirin them other board their all full of jelly

Quote Originally Posted by RaZr View Post
    Stop mirin them other board their all full of jelly
    lettuce be cereal here.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    she reps my system!

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    That use to bother me more when I first came here. But when I seldomly breeze other forums now it seems like an almost primal or unevolved way of conveying recognition.
    And what I mean by that is its nearly akin to someon looking at post count alone, or time spent here, and trying to draw a conclusion based on that alone about a persons experience or character. A high post count *can signify someone is experienced. And can also signify that someones an attention whore. Likewise, a high rep count *can signify experience, but it can also signify that someone is merely more friendly or just goes out of their way more to be helpful. In the end, a high rep count may be more reliable, but I still take to it as largely inaccurate.

I've seen guys with 40,000 reps on other forums who will practically suck a dick just to gain another rep. Meanwhile I've seen people with 10 or 20, who have more experience and knowledge, but don't particularly care for reps. They might aslo be a bit bolder or more confrontational, but just as knowledgable as the next man, while the man who kisses the most ass gets the most reps. So in my honest opinion, I don't care for it. Its bad enough some of the egos you already find on this forum. Introduce a rep count and eventually you'll see gangs of people segragating each other based on amounts alone. I just think it will bring too much ego into the forum so I honestly say fvck that shit.

jbm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    That use to bother me more when I first came here. But when I seldomly breeze other forums now it seems like an almost primal or unevolved way of conveying recognition.
    And what I mean by that is its nearly akin to someon looking at post count alone, or time spent here, and trying to draw a conclusion based on that alone about a persons experience or character. A high post count *can signify someone is experienced. And can also signify that someones an attention whore. Likewise, a high rep count *can signify experience, but it can also signify that someone is merely more friendly or just goes out of their way more to be helpful. In the end, a high rep count may be more reliable, but I still take to it as largely inaccurate.

I've seen guys with 40,000 reps on other forums who will practically suck a dick just to gain another rep. Meanwhile I've seen people with 10 or 20, who have more experience and knowledge, but don't particularly care for reps. They might aslo be a bit bolder or more confrontational, but just as knowledgable as the next man, while the man who kisses the most ass gets the most reps. So in my honest opinion, I don't care for it. Its bad enough some of the egos you already find on this forum. Introduce a rep count and eventually you'll see gangs of people segragating each other based on amounts alone. I just think it will bring too much ego into the forum so I honestly say fvck that shit.
    agreed!

jbm
    rape me. I mean!!!! rep me!!!!!!!

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Because this board can't handle the rep I'd get!

n00bs is offline Member
    Because the amount of rep you would give zyzzs account would crash the system..

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    u can always tell on the other forums who comes here to read and steal then goes back there and gets it all wrong

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    rep deeze nuts.... ohhh snap !

(sry but it had to be said)

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    I do agree with some points, it has become a little bit of an issue people with less than 6months and 4,000 posts. all of which are the same post as the person before them in the thread.

Seems that there are a lot of people building up their numbers by adding one line to every thread. I mean in the lounge at times its really funny I mean without DSM and JBM a lot of threads would not have the comic relief it needed. but some newer members carry that attitude to other sections, which in turn adds countless posts to a already dead thread.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Post/rep count mean nothing in relation to knowledge and experience.

n00bs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    I do agree with some points, it has become a little bit of an issue people with less than 6months and 4,000 posts. all of which are the same post as the person before them in the thread.

Seems that there are a lot of people building up their numbers by adding one line to every thread. I mean in the lounge at times its really funny I mean without DSM and JBM a lot of threads would not have the comic relief it needed. but some newer members carry that attitude to other sections, which in turn adds countless posts to a already dead thread.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Post/rep count mean nothing in relation to knowledge and experience.
    but how would someone new know if someone has knowledge and experience?

Quote Originally Posted by n00bs View Post
    True
    False.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    How would post/rep count show they have knowledge and experience?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    How would you tell in real life if someone was bullshitting you or if they had knowledge and experience?

One of the gauges of this is reception by the community: how well the community (here and elsewhere) recognizes and accepts someone as being trustworthy and knowledgeable.

I agree with Bo's analysis of the rep system. And I've even been on other (non-steroid ) boards where the rep system just gets out of hand, and becomes a tool to praise "your buddy" or to ostracize a new person (even though they may actually be much more knowledgeable).

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hell I would probably have a pretty good post/rep and I don't know jack. LOL

I think the only thing it would be good for is for people who are looking for a source and to know if they are trusted by the community or not. With that I vote NO. I dont want to wonder if someone is telling me something based on the fact that they may be a source so they have their own agenda. I like to think people here share information from experience or education, not for profit.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    It seems on this forum that if someone whether they be new or retarded gives poor advice, someone who knows wtf they're talking about will step on his dick pretty quickly
    Last edited by LatissimusaurousRex; 02-28-2011 at 06:43 AM. Reason: added a comma

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't know. At first I thought that, but then, after awhile, you get to know who knows what the hell they are talking about, and who doesn't. And each section has a mod that's pretty sharp in their area. I'm not sure a rep system is really needed here.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Once you have been on the board on the board for a while I believe common sense tells you who knows theier stuff and who doesnt.
    I believe it is up to each individual to research, read what has been posted by members and research some more. After some time you will realize who to listen to and who not to and then you will have a handful of some great guys or gals you can rely on not to steer you in the wrong direction.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    i never rape its always consensual thats what my story is anyway

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I see it like this.You got a question.You make a thread.You are going to get more than one answer.The right one will repeat itself.Maybe worded different.But basically the same answer.Yes things could be different.But by far this is the best board out here.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    That's because you leave before the chloroform wears off and they wake up.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    [QUOTE=Bojangles69;5546608]That use to bother me more when I first came. I've seen guys who will practically suck a dick just to gain another rep.

Partially guilty as charged.

Abominator is offline Banned
    Sounds like you want this forum to be more like BB.com. Eat sh*t zyzz nuthugging faggot

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    Isn't there a rep button below each post that looks like a star?

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    That's because you leave before the chloroform wears off and they wake up.
    hey stack told me to do it this way and I told u that in confidence

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    what stops the newbies from giving rep points to any idiot who advices them?? i think it will work to your detriment more than your advantage because we are not going to go around from thread to thread giving REP POINTS to everyone who says you are too young to cycle.. but the kid who finally gets advice (although it be bad) will think it was good advice and give rep points for said advice.

yea rep button is the star underneath the post.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominator View Post
    Sounds like you want this forum to be more like BB.com. Eat sh*t zyzz nuthugging faggot
    The abominator returns!!!!

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Yeah bad idea, you notice on these little shitty boards that you get reps by just saying hello to new members.

Something else used to stroke their egos...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Abominator is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    The abominator returns!!!!
    sup brah

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I don't know. At first I thought that, but then, after awhile, you get to know who knows what the hell they are talking about, and who doesn't. And each section has a mod that's pretty sharp in their area. I'm not sure a rep system is really needed here.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Totally agree

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    there is also a problem with the rep system based on the simple fact everybody could or does have different goals.

for example some of the strength programs people add I dis-agree with. but I could agree they are sound for a non-power-lifter. so what If somebody gets advice with a sound program, but now at the level they were seeking advice, should they give a good or bad rep?

Quote Originally Posted by Abominator View Post
    im not a member on there, since your getting banned you might have to join there soon haha.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    oh wow its abominator hahahahaha

BUTTERYGOODNESS is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    its not rape if you say surprise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information