gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~

Holy Sh!T!!! The Music Dropped a Key!!!

So I worked legs today, started off feeling pretty good. I'm going for heavier weight this week, aiming to fail around the 7th rep. I did 3 sets of squats, banged them out with intensity and felt pretty good.

I moved on the the leg press, and then it happened...

During my last 2 reps, particularly the last one where I was REALLY struggling with all my might to get that weight up so I could 'rack' it, there was a noticeable change in the pitch of the music in my headphones! If you've ever blacked out or even come close, you'll be familiar with that dark 'fuzz' that starts in your field of vision and gets larger and larger. Well, that didn't happen thank God, but this was the audio equivalent of that! I could LITERALLY hear the music change pitch, it got lower, as if somebody put their finger on a record (yea, i'm old, i'm talking about fvcking vinyl) and slowed it down, or the sound of a tape (yep, cassette, another antiquated media) when it gets warped.

It happened with all 3 sets, for the duration of me pushing that weight back up on the last rep. Pretty intense, but I don't know what to think about it. Can that be a bad thing??? Has it ever happened to you? Opinions!

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    That's never happened to me, but the music seems to drop a key momentarily if/when I yawn. Glad you didn't pass out.. sounds like a good workout..

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I could LITERALLY hear the music change pitch, it got lower, as if somebody put their finger on a record (yea, i'm old, i'm talking about fvcking vinyl) and slowed it down, or the sound of a tape (yep, cassette, another antiquated media) when it gets warped.

It happened with all 3 sets, for the duration of me pushing that weight back up on the last rep. Pretty intense, but I don't know what to think about it. Can that be a bad thing??? Has it ever happened to you? Opinions!
    what the hell are these alien technologies you speak of?? haha jk

if it only happened in leg press than it most have something to do with your legs being above your body or something.. not sure really.. maybe all the blood went to your legs andmomentarily left your brain.. that is why you pass out.. but you didn't lose enough to pass out.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Pressure, breathe

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    its happen to me in the past i think its a mix to blood pressure and strain

its pretty common iv heard people talking about it forever breath in going down breath out going up not that you dont know this already but under heavy loads people forget and hold there breath on there way up

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Pressure, breathe
    Quote Originally Posted by drdeath613 View Post
    its happen to me in the past i think its a mix to blood pressure and strain

its pretty common iv heard people talking about it forever breath in going down breath out going up not that you dont know this already but under heavy loads people forget and hold there breath on there way up
    I can remember it clearly, and I was definitely holding my breath. That last rep was really slow coming up and I wouldn't have had enough breath to exhale the whole time... so I held it... and now this makes sense! Funny though, the whole audio aspect of it...

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    yeah i found it out during having ear infection it hurt so bad id tense up so bad i could crack my chest plate and at the same time pop my ear so it would hurt less

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    I find myself almost hyperventilating after intense squats or deadlifts? anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    I find myself almost hyperventilating after intense squats or deadlifts? anyone else?
    Yes, particularly deads.

Thread Information