ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries

What bf do you consider to start bulking?

I am at 17 percent body fat, and I have my aas cycle all lined out and ready to go, but for now I am dieting and cutting fat as much as possible. My question at what percentage of body fat should I aim for start the cycle? I have heard as high as 15 percent and as low as 12 percent.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    hahahaha this just made my day! but seriously...

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    You want to go for as low as possible. 15% isn't bad but it all depends how you carry it IMO.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Im forgetting about the AAS and answering ur question about when to start 'Bulking'

Firstly I hate the word 'Bulking'. It implies to me that you will be gaining fat and muscle without worrying about how much fat ur gaining.

Anyway...

Id say it really sepends on how u want to look for an extended period of time...

If u wanna look good while u GRADUALLY add LBM to ur frame thn I would get down to 10ish% BF and begin there.

You could begin gaining at 10% and gain at a moderate pace, adding LBM and Fat to ur frame. Once you hit 15% BF diet back down to about 10% and hopefully hang onto most of the LBM u gained...

My plan is to get to 10% BF and then creep my weight up slowly and try not to go over about 12% BF... I plan to let some gear help me to grow at an elevated rate and will no doubt be adding in lots more calories when im on cycle

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    All depends on your goals. If you are just trying to look good, then I agree with the above. If you're a strength athlete (like me), then it depends on how much you know your body and how much strength you'll gain while gaining weight. I don't think there's a perfect answer to this question to be honest.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Im not going to preach like in the Q&A section but as long as you are of adequate age, the easiest way to access this is by knowing the possible side effects from cycling at too high of a bodyfat. There is really no answer for everyone, but where you stated is a good starting point. When someone asks me, I say somewhere around the range where you can see flexed abs. This could be anywhere between 10-14% on most people.

"bulking" is such a general term. It does not mean you have to add 20lbs of extra fat to make sure you are sufficiently fueling your body, it just means adding mass. So if you desired goal is to have more muscle in the future, but not have to cut a ton of fat, then you can alter your starting point. But keep in mind, if you are not a person who dedicated enough to get to a low (or desired) bodyfat % before they start cycling, it probably means you cant do it after bulking either. Never hurts to go a little leaner before a bulking cycle so you can prime your body for the bulk

-KP

Blog Entries
    I am doing a 16 week cycle (10 weeks bulking/6 weeks cutting). My diet and training are on the dot, so I am losing fat at a good pace but I want to add some lean mass as well.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Regardless of AAS, 12% tops IMO.

Thread Information