Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bruary17 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Now that I have given you sh*t, I can't wait to hear how it goes.
    That'd be some shit if he prescribed 350mg shots for 10-12 weeks wouldn't it?

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by bruary17 View Post
    Well, I know you speak from experience. I just hope my experience goes a little different, and my insurance company isn't so hardcore.

I also believe my assumptions on my Doctors willingness to prescribe me test are on point. But If I'm wrong and he wants me to take the shot at the office as opposed to me picking it up at a pharmacy where I can store it all away till I have accumulated enough for a cycle......than clearly I'll refuse. No point in shutting myself down for a 200mg biweekly shot when they're not even needed.

Why are you trying to rain on my parade stack it?
    Not trying to hate on you or your idea by any means. Just don't wanna see you mess yourself up over one cycle. Trying to keep you out of my shoes so to speak.

Do you have a co pay for your dr visits and prescriptions?

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Umm wait, doesn't the doctor have to give you the injections? I don't think they're going to let you inject yourself but let me know if I'm wrong.

And if they inject for you, how do you plan on keeping any test for yourself?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ive never had a doctor inject me. Not from the longevity clinic or Endo. I have always done it myself.

I understand what he is trying to do and how he is planning on going about doing it long term. I can see it working although i have to agree with the others, this is what makes it hard for a lot of us guys who really do need hrt or at least when they get found out and the doctor starts to think everyone is phony.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    Umm wait, doesn't the doctor have to give you the injections? I don't think they're going to let you inject yourself but let me know if I'm wrong.

And if they inject for you, how do you plan on keeping any test for yourself?
    If he injected it for me Bo, that would foil my plan, and I would refuse.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    As much as I think milking the system and causing problems for others with ones "selfishiness" as some would call it, is wrong, where do you actually draw this line?

Ive kept myself out of the medical system and not been a burdon on it for the majority of my life that Ive been in control of. But if the one time I need a hospital bed, they are all full with people getting operations to correct years worth or smoking or drinking or other addictions, then I will be pissed...

It doesnt seem like its the same thing, but in a round-about way, it is

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    That is how insurance works. All the money goes in a pool to treat whomever needs it. I agree with your way of looking at it, but here is the rub: you feel like you overpay, but you never know if you are going to need hundreds of thousands in care later in life. You will not know if you overpaid until the day you die. My friend's wife always got angry because they paid so much for health insurance and she never got sick. Then, BAM, breast cancer, double mastectomy and reconstruction. A couple of hundred thousand. Now she is on that list of people that have benefited from others paying into the system and not using any care.

Sorry for the tangent, but yours was an interesting point.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    That is how insurance works. All the money goes in a pool to treat whomever needs it. I agree with your way of looking at it, but here is the rub: you feel like you overpay, but you never know if you are going to need hundreds of thousands in care later in life. You will not know if you overpaid until the day you die. My friend's wife always got angry because they paid so much for health insurance and she never got sick. Then, BAM, breast cancer, double mastectomy and reconstruction. A couple of hundred thousand. Now she is on that list of people that have benefited from others paying into the system and not using any care.

Sorry for the tangent, but yours was an interesting point.
    no worries, always good to see many different opinions and point of view. I do agree that at any given moment, anyone may require the use of the healthcare system... its the people who dramatically increase their chance of needing it due to abusing their bodies and those are the ones I think should not be given the same equallity of care if they only paid the same premiums as those who keep themselves healthy.

Same as you, I just like to rant about the odd thing that pisses me off...

And besides, Im in Canada, I see how the system doesnt work every day of my life. The majority of my friends are Dentists/doctors/physicians and almost all of them say the same thing... something to the tune of "... all day I see these people come and and ask me to help them undo years of abusing themselves and all I want to do is slap the hell out of them"

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    its the people who dramatically increase their chance of needing it due to abusing their bodies and those are the ones I think should not be given the same equallity of care if they only paid the same premiums as those who keep themselves healthy.
    That irritates me too. Some people suck up more than their share of costs by just dumb bad luck....but the ones that do things that guarantee needing care should pay more. No doubt. But some say that isn't fair. Most people don't know what insurance is: it is risk displacement. You are paying someone to take your risk for you. If you have behaviors that increase the risk, the cost of displacing that risk should be higher. Otherwise, the insurance company raises premiums for EVERYONE because their profit margin went down. But, insurance isn't about helping people, or fairness, it is a business...unfortunately. That isn't to say I want the government handling it. Their motives aren't any better.

I for one am not someone who cares how other people live their life. You get one shot, live it how you want. But it does make sense that the more risks you take, the higher premium you should have to pay since you're a bigger liability to the "whole" of the healthcare system. But how could that be monitored? It can't. Therefore we pay out the ass.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    That irritates me too. Some people suck up more than their share of costs by just dumb bad luck....but the ones that do things that guarantee needing care should pay more. No doubt. But some say that isn't fair. Most people don't know what insurance is: it is risk displacement. You are paying someone to take your risk for you. If you have behaviors that increase the risk, the cost of displacing that risk should be higher. Otherwise, the insurance company raises premiums for EVERYONE because their profit margin went down. But, insurance isn't about helping people, or fairness, it is a business...unfortunately. That isn't to say I want the government handling it. Their motives aren't any better.
    Agree. People abuse it then when they raise the rates elderly can't even afford their meds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information